Dawn Bibby Has Updated Her Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blimey what a shame, they seemed so happy. She mentioned a while ago that JJ had stayed in SA after his mum's (??) funeral, something to do with renewing his passport.

It's bound to be even more difficult having to deal with this when appearing on QVC and knowing that everyone is aware.

Linda xx

I can't say that I'm surprised if he has left her - there was speculation that there might be more to her recent moping and sighing than just his passport problems.

poor dawn she must be feeling wretched. i hope that she has the huge amount of stregnth that she will need over the comming months.
good luck dawn!

They've not been married that long, only a few years. May be another case of the male species not being able to handle a successful partner.

If it came out of the blue, she must be in pieces, poor girl.

I got the impression that she worshipped him. Sad if it's true:heartbroke:

Where does it actually say they've split up then?? Maybe she's still being a drama queen about his delayed return.

Where does it actually say they've split up then?? Maybe she's still being a drama queen about his delayed return.

It's inferred by the fact her biog has been edited and no longer mentions her being married to JJ. I wouldn't wish the pain of things not working out on anyone. I think she should say it not to inform people since it isn't any of their business but because it might make it a little easier to cope with it.
Be funny if we're all wrong though:tongue:

a new card range in the pipeline....

...happy D-I-V-O-R-C-E with forks metal broken wedding ring attachments maybe?

He's an accountant isn't he?
She'll never be able to hide her money :cash: from him for the settlement...that might be bumming her out too.

Many of us have been thru break-up :heartbroke: and divorce but we can't all take a summer holiday to recover.

Chin up luv, and keep your decooopage scissors sharp!

J xx

a new card range in the pipeline....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...happy D-I-V-O-R-C-E with forks metal broken wedding ring attachments maybe?

He's an accountant isn't he?
She'll never be able to hide her money from him for the settlement...that might be bumming her out too.

Many of us have been thru break-up and divorce but we can't all take a summer holiday to recover.

Chin up luv, and keep your decooopage scissors sharp!

Sorry Dawn! But had to :giggle: at Akimbo's reply.

Sorry, but I can't laugh at someone else's unhappiness. It became clear what was happening when Dawn removed all trace of JJ's details from both her blog and the Topaz crafts site. Really really sad and I wish them both well-let's face it, we don't know (and don't need to know) any details, but I sense that it will be more difficult for Dawn as she is the one in the public eye.

I am not a crafter and very rarely watch the crafting shows but I do feel sorry for any one who has to go through the break up of their marriage. It is hard doing it in the privacy of your own home let alone in front of the T.V cameras.
I know that she has chosen to put her so called private life on public display but can't we show some compassion to a hurting human being.

Sorry, but I can't laugh at someone else's unhappiness. It became clear what was happening when Dawn removed all trace of JJ's details from both her blog and the Topaz crafts site. Really really sad and I wish them both well-let's face it, we don't know (and don't need to know) any details, but I sense that it will be more difficult for Dawn as she is the one in the public eye.

I am not a crafter and very rarely watch the crafting shows but I do feel sorry for any one who has to go through the break up of their marriage. It is hard doing it in the privacy of your own home let alone in front of the T.V cameras.
I know that she has chosen to put her so called private life on public display but can't we show some compassion to a hurting human being.
Oh fgs sake get a grip. DB (or anybody else for that matter) who writes a personal blog telling all and sundry about their private lives puts themselves in the sometimes unenviable position of having every event, big or small, happy or sad, picked over like a carcass by a colony of vultures. Her, and other presenters, e.g. JR, love to regale us with smug stories of their privileged lifestyles and bask in the feeling of contentment this must give them, but when things take a downward turn it is pure indulgence imho to post about misfortune in order to garner sympathy. Just get real, nobody has died. Marriage break ups (if this is in fact the case) happen all the time and most people get over it and move on with their lives and at least DB wouldn't be left high and dry with the prospect of losing her home or cushy lifestyle, and she certainly won't sruggle financially.

Well then I will leave the vultures to do it-I would prefer a more compassionate approach. But each to their own.

Why is this becoming another contentious issue? (far too many around here it seems) If this is a marriage break-up it is terribly sad and traumatic for all concerned. Whether someone has lived part of their lives in the public eye or not changes nothing. Surely we are all able to feel compassion for fellow human beings? If Dawn is going through something like this (and I hope to goodness she is not) then she deserves at least that.
This idea that marriage break up is ten a penny and so is nothing to write home about, that someone can be criticised and accused of 'indulgence' is, frankly IMHO horrible. The idea that financial security can somehow protect you from emotional pain is ludicrous and everyone in that position, whether wealthy or not deserves support, or at least to be left in peace.
It is probably true that those in the public eye give up any hope of a private life, but surely they are still entitled to withdraw into their personal life from time to time?
This, as I say, is not a contentious issue, it is sad and I can't believe that anyone can take any approach other than sympathy. I know writing this will probably bring down a great heap of bricks of scorn from those who disagree with me, but, frankly, I think it needed to be said.
Can't we just move on and allow Dawn some space?

Nicky-j why should anyone come down on you like a ton of bricks?? You are entitled to you say and you've had it. My take on this situation is different to yours, so what?? I (like many others) have been through a divorce and believe me the financial aspect of it can be a very big deal and to be allieviated of that particular worry is a buffer that can make all the emotional issues more bearable. You say "It is probably true that those in the public eye give up any hope of a private life, but surely they are still entitled to withdraw into their personal life from time to time?" and that I agree with, and if DB had done just that (i.e kept schtum) we wouldn't be having this debate right now, would we??

Nicky-j why should anyone come down on you like a ton of bricks?? You are entitled to you say and you've had it. My take on this situation is different to yours, so what?? I (like many others) have been through a divorce and believe me the financial aspect of it can be a very big deal and to be allieviated of that particular worry is a buffer that can make all the emotional issues more bearable. You say "It is probably true that those in the public eye give up any hope of a private life, but surely they are still entitled to withdraw into their personal life from time to time?" and that I agree with, and if DB had done just that (i.e kept schtum) we wouldn't be having this debate right now, would we??

Firstly, Dawn hasn't exactly gone public, has she? She mentioned major life changes but not what specifically. Surely we are all entitled to dictate the amount we share with the rest of the world?
Secondly - the ton of bricks comment was just based upon previous experience around here
Thirdly I do realise that financial stability is a wonderful thing, and must surely alleviate a great deal of practical concerns. But it doesn't do anything to ease the raw emotions.
What I meant was that this is clearly an emotional time for Dawn and that we should all probably just leave things be.
I'm glad we all have different opinions - it wouldn't do at all for us the think the same all the time, but I don't think someone else's misfortune is the right time or place for us to vent it. And so I will be leaving the discussion at this.

Latest posts

Back