Charlie Dimmock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
What a joy to spend 2 gardening hours with CD, she is so knowledgeable and commuicates well, without all the over-dramatic animation and silly verbal sounds of RJ. A couple of times she came close to contradicting one of the guests who was coming out with the usual sales spiel.

Unfortunately tomorrow is her last show until the late summer (she said).

Linda xx

I could watch her all day, she is such a lovely natural, normal Lady.

I wish they'd pension off that old drama queen Jackson and have CD as gardening presenter full time.

She's lovely and really knows her stuff:flower::flower::flower:

Charlie has got me watching the gardening shows when she is on. She is lovely and normal. The only quibble I have is that she sometimes seems a bit underused when Julian is by contrast doing all the talking for Charlie and the other guests. She could easily present the show on her own after she has plenty of tv experience.

She's had her share of heartache with losing her mum (and possibly another family member) in the tsunami.:sad:

My Dad used to see her regularly as she worked at a garden centre near them. He said she was always lovely, very unpretentious.

Last edited:
I think a lot of blokes had a real soft (? LOL) spot for her:giggle::ninja:

I'd just edited my post Rozzy because when I reread it I thought something else could be read into it! Don't think that was the case with my Dad though, he's pretty ancient, though as his daughter, I 'm sure he wouldn't have told me! :grin:

I'd just edited my post Rozzy because when I reread it I thought something else could be read into it! Don't think that was the case with my Dad though, he's pretty ancient, though as his daughter, I 'm sure he wouldn't have told me! :grin:

Sorry, no offence meant, but I think most men would find her attractive:rock:

Makes a change from seeing Richard Jackson doing that stupid growling whenever he sees a root!:tongue:

My family and I bumped into Charlie Dimmock at Holiday Inn in Orlando. She was absolutely charming. She was there with a group of terminally ill children as one of the carers - taking them to the theme parks. We don't realise all the good work some 'celebs' do.

I'm not a gardener but OH is and has bought plants from QVC over the last four years, with more success on some than others, but she has been really pleased with the advice CD offers which is apparently far more detailed and reliable than anything RJ has contributed. I must say I've seen odd hours when OH has been watching and it does seem that RJ's response to any question on where to locate/how to maintain plants is answered with a brief and unhelpful general comment followed by a growl and an instruction to "look at the flowers". In other words he's really just selling the product through the result and not giving any constructive idea on how to try and get that result.

I'm not a gardener but OH is and has bought plants from QVC over the last four years, with more success on some than others, but she has been really pleased with the advice CD offers which is apparently far more detailed and reliable than anything RJ has contributed. I must say I've seen odd hours when OH has been watching and it does seem that RJ's response to any question on where to locate/how to maintain plants is answered with a brief and unhelpful general comment followed by a growl and an instruction to "look at the flowers". In other words he's really just selling the product through the result and not giving any constructive idea on how to try and get that result.

which is probably why he's on every couple of days in spring and summer whilst CD wont be back for months. the sale has to come first. he is a prime tw*t though with that ****** growling.

CD and ballantyne were flogging a chicken coop yesterday of all things. i had to look twice.

Latest posts

Back