Archos TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Does anyone have one of these? I hate my old ipod nano and was looking for a new player for the gym. Quite fancying this but need to know if you can shuffle within an album. Any ideas anyone?! I just missed the presentation but it may be mentioned later on today, but am wide awake and curious!! :wave:

I have a previous Archos tsv (the one which has an fm transmitter) and love it. Never had an apple mp3 player - wouldn't pay that sort of money just for the name on principal. I don't think you can shuffle within an album (can't be sure though, never tried!). You can add songs to a favourite list though and it'll play em in the order they are in there. I find the Archos very easy to use. Today's seems great value for money.

xx

Thanks Ang. It's good to know that you recommend Archos anyway! I have ordered it, as I thought it would replace all the memory sticks I use in the car, and also be ideal for the gym. I love the fact that it has an expandable memory, more mp3 players should offer that option. The reason I like it to shuffle within an album/playlist is mainly for the gym. I have a 'gym playlist' (which is all funky 70's disco stuff :mysmilie_8: lol) and when listening to it every day a shuffle comes in handy to keep the boredom at bay!

Can't wait to recieve it now. As an aside, thought the 'expert' was awful. Anyone could have recited the blurb he did, anyone who could read off a website. They should have proper reps from the companies on the electronics shows, not just people who 'like' the products! :confused:

Hey there Capirossi!

Just wondering if you've received your Archos by now and how you like it?

Ang xx

Ordered one in Red, but had to return it as there was a noticable scratch on the side. It went back today, and will take 3 days as the returns label they sent was second class, so they should get it by Thursday and will then send my new one out as I contacted them about it when I opened it a few days later, so was lucky that there was some left in stock in that colour. It looks really good for the money, and will come in handy to take out and about as I'm not happy with carrying around my iPod a lot as it's expensive and cant afford to replace it if it got stolen!

Hey there Capirossi!

Just wondering if you've received your Archos by now and how you like it?

Ang xx

Hi!!

Yes, recieved it very quickly and I love it!! It's so much easier to use than the ipod, and the sound quality is excellent (although the earphones were very standard so I use my own). Used the radio today for the very first time, impressed! It's definately one of my better purchases and, dare I say it, sooo much better than the Apple contraptions!!! Although I do have an ipod touch which I use for browsing on around the house. You were right, it doesn't shuffle within an album, so I have just put all my gym music on there outside of the folders, and have the play mode set to shuffle. Very happy :happy: I went for the red too Becs, just wish it was red all over as would be stunning!

Thanks for your review, Capirossi!

I have an iPod Classic, and absolutely love it, but wanted something more pocket friendly and cheaper to take around with me everyday. The Red is lovely and makes it look expensive. The earphones I had with my iPod were fine for a while, but I bought Philips in-ear earphones as I wanted better sound and for them to actually stay in my ears, and they're great, so hopefuly I can use them in this player.

Latest posts

Back