Products or Plumptiousness

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madaunty

Quietly, Very Confused
Keely (Elemis), Fiona (Decleor), Liz and caroline (LE) and the dark haired girl that does gatineau with Andrew. It has suddenly dawned on me that, yes, they do all look to have lovely smooth skin, free from wrinkles etc, but none of them are what you would call super slim "skinnie minnies". And you could include AY as well. So, is it their wonderful products that are doing the job or are any wrinkles being plumped out by a healthy lay of (whisper it) FAT?. If they suddenly all dropped weight, would the skin start hanging off their face and age them. There's always been the argument that when you reach a certain age you have too choose face or body - perhaps those in the beauty industry have to choose face, so we keep faith in their products. :thinking:

Absolutely. I remember Courtney Cox saying you choose between your body and face when you hit the big 40. In the US I think they rely on body - different culture.

i think youve hit the nail right on the head there.

look at keenan. skinny bint but has to have fillers to snooth out her saggy jowels. compare and contrast with JR - not a line on her face. maybe bertie botox has paid a visit but i tend to think not.

which is all very fortunate considering ive just whipped up a chocoloate pear and almond cake and its in the oven smelling better than fabulous :rock:

Last edited:
Expression lines...

I have a chutchy (sp) face but I do have laughter lines...I'm a cup half full, smile-tho-your-heart-is-aching kinda gal so my main facial expression is smiling. Mr Akimbo is younger than me but is a cup-half-empty kinda guy who frowns a lot and he's had forehead line since I met him 20 years ago (there may be a connection here). My chubby cheeks keep me looking younger (until gravity takes them down to jowls) but prevented me from being a credible punk in my yoof.

I'd choose chutchy face over svelt body so save me a slice Burlz there's a love!

Jude xx

i think youve hit the nail right on the head there.

look at keenan. skinny bint but has to have fillers to snooth out her saggy jowels. compare and contrast with JR - not a line on her face. maybe bertie botox has paid a visit but i tend to think not.

which is all very fortunate considering ive just whipped up a chocoloate pear and almond cake and its in the oven smelling better than fabulous :rock:

lol...I like the word "bint".....always makes me laugh.

defo it's the chubby chops, at least you could cram yourself into some qvc shapewear and then drape a "fetching" kaftan over you and claim it was all down to Elemis, come to think of it YBF Stacey is very unlined and is not a stick. Jill Franks beware, she'd better start tucking into the Thorntons now

Last edited:
I think there's 2 good reasons why JR has no wrinkles on her fizzog - think the slack is being taken up eslewhere!!!!:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

Alison Young is really tiny and skinny and Fiona isn't plump in real life, but I have to agree that being on the plumper side does wonders for anti ageing.:clapping:

Alison Young is really tiny and skinny and Fiona isn't plump in real life, but I have to agree that being on the plumper side does wonders for anti ageing.:clapping:
I am surprised to read that Fiona isn't plump in realk life as she looks fat on TV so perhaps J.R. is a small after all!!!!!

I thought exactly the same watching the lottery the other night when Jenni Falconer came on, I was absolutely shocked at how she seems to have aged 20 years by losing so much weight. She used to look so much better with a few extra pounds, now she just looks haggard.

I am surprised to read that Fiona isn't plump in realk life as she looks fat on TV so perhaps J.R. is a small after all!!!!!

Honestly she is certainly not fat, I was shocked at how slim and small she is.

I've heard that before about AY, apparantly she is really petit IRL.

Choppy she is tiny and very pretty IRL, she will be lucky if she is a size 10, it's a shame she doesn't have much dress sense as she could look fabulous because she has a lovely figure.

I thought exactly the same watching the lottery the other night when Jenni Falconer came on, I was absolutely shocked at how she seems to have aged 20 years by losing so much weight. She used to look so much better with a few extra pounds, now she just looks haggard.

Heaven help Posh in a few years time, she'll have to have go for one of those "pillow" style ops to fill her face out, just tucking into an Easter egg here so no worries for me!!

Eamonn Holmes said on telly the other morning 'there's no wrinkles on a balloon' and it made me LOL! Good excuse for me to stay the weight I am and looking younger than I am right??! :clapping:

Tx

Eamonn Holmes said on telly the other morning 'there's no wrinkles on a balloon' and it made me LOL! Good excuse for me to stay the weight I am and looking younger than I am right??! :clapping:

Tx

My bottom is the shape of two pink balloons - think of the inches I could lose with the aid of a pin !:up:

Linda xx

Latest posts

Back