Kipling prices and postage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AllThatGlitters

Registered Shopper
I've just watched Barbie's sister show the Kipling Jasmine, which doesn't appear to be leather, but does cost £111.75. But even more amazing, the postage was £6.75!!! :wonder:

Even a big heavy SBC kit costs less to post.

I've just watched Barbie's sister show the Kipling Jasmine, which doesn't appear to be leather, but does cost £111.75. But even more amazing, the postage was £6.75!!! :wonder:

Even a big heavy SBC kit costs less to post.

Well I suppose that as they are not charging p&p today in honour of Founders Day, they can quote any p&p. The higher the p&p, the better the saving, more reason for buying the item !

Sceptical, moi ?

Linda :angel:

Did u see in the current Kipling hour when JR was showing the Cerys sport intense bag - she said if you wanted to post it to somebody it would cost next to nothing - so why on earth was the p&p cost £4.45 normally?!?!?!?

Yes I think the high postage costs appear to be a hidden QVC tax! We ship Kipling bags by 1st class, signed for post using Royal Mail. This usually means they arrive within 48hrs. We don't charge P&P for UK customers, however the actual cost per bag is around £2.50 and £3.50.

I'm sure with QVC's buying power they get a far better deal than we do (we just get charged the standard Royal Mail rates), so it does make you wonder how much per day they are actually making on the postage alone! For most of the Kipling bags costing around £30 - £50 unless they are selling them at more than 15% off you aren't really getting any discount at all.

So many sites are now offering free postage now it surprises me the "big boys" like QVC can hold out charging over the top P&P! Its almost as bad as being charged for using a credit card when you go to pay!

Has anyone asked QVC to justify their P&P costs?

Check out our Kipling shopping telly outlet page

I think the reason they continue to charge for p&p is due to the whole 30 day mbg. I know I certainly think twice about ordering something if I think there is a chance I might send it back as I know I won't get the postage refunded whereas if it was free p&p I'd probably order a lot more and send a lot more back as a result!!

Yes I think the high postage costs appear to be a hidden QVC tax! We ship Kipling bags by 1st class, signed for post using Royal Mail. This usually means they arrive within 48hrs. We don't charge P&P for UK customers, however the actual cost per bag is around £2.50 and £3.50...

I think all the shopping channels are over-priced on P and P as I know they are not charging what it costs them to actually send...especially those channels like BidTV/Price drop who are using the same couriers as QVC are.
Most of the couriers who deliver a QVC/Bid/Price drop parcel are paid 45p. Then the company takes its cut - say another £2 on top of what the courier is paid. The rest is pure profit for the shopping channel. :envy:

Yes it comes across as a "hidden" tax...and I think it puts buyers off. The channels would do better to inflate the item price if they really must. I for one am more likely to buy if I think there is not a huge amount to be added on for P and P. Do shopping channels really think we are too thick to notice they are adding (in the case of bid/pd) nearly £10 to an item price when you take into account P and P and telephone call costs? :cheeky:

As for Rtherapy's site - I can recommend as I bought a bag and it arrived (free p and p) within 48 hours. Great stuff!! :clapping:

Latest posts

Back