Dell TSV on Saturday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
Just wondered if anyone had any info on the Dell NotebookTSV. It looks very much like one that's been advertised in the press recently, in lots of different colours. Any feedback on Dell products would be appreciated.

I believe it is the Dell mini 1012 - the new dell mini netbook.

Not sure about colours or price but Dell sell on their site for: about £295 with a colour choice free p & P
standard model in black: £259

Qvc will probably add a few extras like extended warranty so price may be even higher.
It will be interesting to see what they charge and whether they add P&P when Dell do it free.

Dell mini 1012 below:

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/p....aspx/inspiron-1012?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1

I've got a Dell Inspiron in a lovely blue colour, mines a big beast though it's 17.5 inch screen!
Have only had it since Jan but love it, I'm no techy though so doesn't take much to keep me happy!!:cheeky:
Mine was £400 from Curry's all in, but it was the display model so I got a bit knocked off for that, and they threw in 3 months extended warranty.

Have a look on the Dell outlet

Operating System
Operating System English Genuine Windows 7 Starter (32 BIT)Memory
1024MB (1X1024) 533MHZ DDR2Hard Disk Drive
160gb 5400 rpm HDNoteBook Screen
10.1in Widescreen WSVGA with TruelifeSystem Color
LCD Back Cover BlackScratch and Dent
Scratch and DentMISC
Keyboard Internal UK/Irish Qwerty Keyboard
Grade 1 Scratch or Dent
Dell Wireless 1397 (802.11 b/g) Mini Card European
Wireless Europe Dell Bluetooth Card
Battery 3-cell 28W/HRBase
Inspiron Mini 1010 Atom Z520 (1.33GHz, 533MHz)

£169.51

I believe it is the Dell mini 1012 - the new dell mini netbook.

Not sure about colours or price but Dell sell on their site for: about £295 with a colour choice free p & P
standard model in black: £259

Qvc will probably add a few extras like extended warranty so price may be even higher.
It will be interesting to see what they charge and whether they add P&P when Dell do it free.

Dell mini 1012 below:

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/p....aspx/inspiron-1012?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1

Thanks Simon, I did try to look at this on the Dell website when I first saw it advertised (I was interested in the purple) but couldn't get that particular colour to view.

I've got a Dell Inspiron in a lovely blue colour, mines a big beast though it's 17.5 inch screen!
Have only had it since Jan but love it, I'm no techy though so doesn't take much to keep me happy!!:cheeky:
Mine was £400 from Curry's all in, but it was the display model so I got a bit knocked off for that, and they threw in 3 months extended warranty.

Thanks Gemster. I already have a 'complicated' Sony desktop that does all the fancy stuff, I just want a straighforward, simple machine for the basics (like shopping and email) that I can use from my armchair!! This mini might just fit the bill. Good to know you're happy with your Dell.

Dell Inspiron 1012 Intel Atom N450 10.1" Netbook 250GB HDD, Bluetooth & McAfee
Item Number: 563492
QVC Price £381.00
Today's Special Value Price £329.76
Availability In stock
UK P&P £9.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.563492

If you go to Dell direct you will pay £314 for the laptop and get to choose the colour and get free delivery.
I guess this will be on easy pay so they are charging for that indirectly.

QVC you are getting expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you go to Dell direct you will pay £314 for the laptop and get to choose the colour and get free delivery.
I guess this will be on easy pay so they are charging for that indirectly.

QVC you are getting expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just been on the Dell website and tried building an Inspiron Mini 10 to the same spec as the QVC one, and I get a total of £347.98 (I had to add McAfee, the bluetooth upgrade, and didn't get an option for anything more than a 160gb hard drive), so on this basis the QVC one is cheaper.

Mind you I don't do Dell so I don't know if it's the exact same model.

And in any case the last machine I bought was from Tesco Direct, and not only did I use Clubcard vouchers to help buy it, but I got Clubcard points for the purchase. Prior to that I bought a Samsung NC20 netbook which had been featured on QVC for about £380 and got it for about £50 less from Currys direct. In these cases Google is your friend.

(Just checked for similar specification machines on Amazon, but not Dell. You can get fairly similar specification Asus netbook for £290 with free delivery at http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00336EN9C/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 and spend the extra £50 on wine, chocolates and more wine).

Last edited:
I've just been on the Dell website and tried building an Inspiron Mini 10 to the same spec as the QVC one, and I get a total of £347.98 (I had to add McAfee, the bluetooth upgrade, and didn't get an option for anything more than a 160gb hard drive), so on this basis the QVC one is cheaper.

Mind you I don't do Dell so I don't know if it's the exact same model.

And in any case the last machine I bought was from Tesco Direct, and not only did I use Clubcard vouchers to help buy it, but I got Clubcard points for the purchase. Prior to that I bought a Samsung NC20 netbook which had been featured on QVC for about £380 and got it for about £50 less from Currys direct. In these cases Google is your friend.

(Just checked for similar specification machines on Amazon, but not Dell. You can get fairly similar specification Asus netbook for £290 with free delivery at http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00336EN9C/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 and spend the extra £50 on wine, chocolates and more wine).

i dont think thats a like for like comparison as the dell will probably have an excellent build quality therefore i would rather invest in the dell.
if you dont want the blutooth,macafee antivirus and cut down on the gigs i suppose you would save some money though!

...the dell will probably have an excellent build quality...

Good point - but the Asus machines seem to get 4.5 out of 5 ratings by customers on Amazon feedback.

I'd still encourage people to shop around, especially Amazon. They have no quibble money back guarantee even if you buy the product from one of their suppliers. I've taken advantage of it before, and you can do all the returns thing on-line. They even prepare a shipping label for you to print out.

All that said, I'm sure a lot of people get worried when buying technology, and QVC / Dell offer an easy way to buy, have trusted brands, and you can try and buy. And the price isn't too bad when you factor this into your buying decision.

Do you techie people think this is expensive for a netbook - or is it an ok price and will prices come down in the next six months??? Do you think you could use it as a main laptop if all you do is go on the internet, load photos and music etc??? I would need to pay for one on ez pay now or in the future and I am wondering if I should wait for is to become older technology. Any ideas?

The Dell guest presenter did specifically say on air that the TSV was not yet available from Dell or anywhere else. I did go through the motions on the link to the Dell site, just to see what it came up with, which was a total of £373 for their purple option, plus a delivery charge of £17.02 (no free delivery and more expensive than QVC). I didn't add any extras to the basic spec other than the colour and the 15 months McAfee protection.

I've been looking for a netbook for ages and this one ticked all my boxes, plus it came in the colour I wanted and easy pay, so I went ahead and ordered. Did anyone else go for it?

I really cant understand why easy pay makes people pay way over the odds for something.

yes I went for the dell on the TSV with easypay. just wish I knew when it would be here? Its my 1st order from QVC, ordered online. They have taken the 1st payment does that mean it will be 10-14 days from today? do they tell you when its coming and what happens if your not home?

thanks.

I really cant understand why easy pay makes people pay way over the odds for something.

As I said, when I checked out the Dell site their price was about £50 higher than QVC and the p&p was more, so I'm not paying way over the odds. I'm sure there are other similar netbooks that could be found on Ebay, Amazon or other sites for a lower price, but not this exact one. I don't have the time, inclination or techie/spec knowledge to shop around, I'd be too unsure of exactly what I was getting and the easy pay helps if you can't afford or just don't want to pay out all in one go.

Latest posts

Back