Anyone order the Housewares Tin Opener/knife sharpener?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Sims

Registered Shopper
I ordered one in red for my Mom, as it looked easy to use and should help mum as she has Arthritis in her hands.

Knife sharpener looked good too and no sharp can lids is a bonus as Dad is on Warfrin, so safe for him as it won't cut him and bleed.

Anyone else order one?

I see someone left feedback on QVC feedback saying first generation model broke after a few uses. Not sure that is a fair comment on the new model.

I must admit I was tempted for the same reason as your mum, (I saw the last version on air a while ago)

my problem was weakness in my thumbs to twist the opener, but I have recently bought a battery powered can opener which is great and seals off the sharp edges (but no knife sharpener)

We have one of the Culinare one touch Electric ones its fab, we got ours from Amazon for £5.90 not sure what the price is now on there

I ordered one in red for my Mom, as it looked easy to use and should help mum as she has Arthritis in her hands.

Knife sharpener looked good too and no sharp can lids is a bonus as Dad is on Warfrin, so safe for him as it won't cut him and bleed.

Anyone else order one?

I see someone left feedback on QVC feedback saying first generation model broke after a few uses. Not sure that is a fair comment on the new model.

my mum is on the same as your Dad

We have one of the Culinare one touch Electric ones its fab, we got ours from Amazon for £5.90 not sure what the price is now on there

got one of them for my grandma and she still cant get on with it

Well the tin opener arrived today and it's going straight back!
3 out of 5 tins i tried to open failed and i had to resort to my old faithful can opener.
As to QVC repeatedly saying no metal shards from using the can opener - a complete lie. The tin lid was covered in bits of metal from the can and i even got a metal splinter in my finger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It must be one of the most useless tin openers i have ever tried.

Thanks for the feedback Simon. I did consider one of these, but had something similar a long time ago and it was rubbish. Glad I didn't bother.

Well the tin opener arrived today and it's going straight back!
3 out of 5 tins i tried to open failed and i had to resort to my old faithful can opener.
As to QVC repeatedly saying no metal shards from using the can opener - a complete lie. The tin lid was covered in bits of metal from the can and i even got a metal splinter in my finger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It must be one of the most useless tin openers i have ever tried.

I hope you got in touch with them to complain and ask for a prepaid label?

Useless Tin Opener

Same here as Simon1966, I have phoned customer services this morning with a big complaint about this tin opener. Three of us tried to open a tin not one of us could, definitely a pre paid label on it's way to send it back.

Latest posts

Back