Dell guest presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cazzie

Registered Shopper
Why on earth is she presenting this, so far I have learnt I can put it in my handbag, skype my mates and watch Glee on a saturday morning in bed. :cheeky:

I do agree but feel bad to comment about the presenter, not wishing to sound personal.
But I do wonder what her job position is with Dell ?
Maybe I'm daft but I don't understand that someone works for a PC company, but yet they say they aren't a techy person.
The powers that be must have found her the best person to guest, perhaps based on the market they aim to sell to ?
Just a shame that a couple of guests couldn't interchange giving a different slant, would have been an idea.

I didn't want to sound rude about her but she really wasn't selling it to me and I am looking for a new notebook.

I thought she was really nice. :)

I was half-asleep but I'm sure in the 4am repeat Craig said she worked in 'media' and was just a presenter and not connected to Dell at all.

They are obviously aiming at the user who wants it to complement a higher-spec laptop, so the snazzy colours are the USP

I thought Craig said she'd been with Dell for 5½ years but it was after midnight so could easily be wrong.

I have purchased a TSV but no way is it down to her saleswomanship , she comes across as a scatty thing who likes the netbook cos its pink and looks like a clutchbag(?) I wish there was a guest there who could advise on the technical aspects and benefits as I would like to know what it can and can't do.

They seriously need to sort their tech presenters out. Do they think we are all ignorant girlies who will just buy something because it's pink and all our mates have one?!! When I see a gadget/electrical item presented I want to know the ins and the outs, what memory it can expand up to, what sort of memory cards can be used, the technical spec etc etc etc, not just what stupid social networking site you can use whilst sat in a cocktail bar with your girlfriends!!! This has been an irk of mine for a while. I can feel an email coming on. Sort it out QVC!!! :mysmilie_455:

They seriously need to sort their tech presenters out. Do they think we are all ignorant girlies who will just buy something because it's pink and all our mates have one?!! When I see a gadget/electrical item presented I want to know the ins and the outs, what memory it can expand up to, what sort of memory cards can be used, the technical spec etc etc etc, not just what stupid social networking site you can use whilst sat in a cocktail bar with your girlfriends!!! This has been an irk of mine for a while. I can feel an email coming on. Sort it out QVC!!! :mysmilie_455:

Exactly, I like the choice of colours but it's not a pair of shoes, I need more technical info.

they should get one of the presenters from the gadget show their fab specially suzi

I thought the lady had a very harsh way of speaking but I have crazy over sensitive hearing. The fact the item is pretty isn't the deal maker here. If qvc insist on the guests doing the I'm not techy routine then at least have a graphic that gives the tech specs on screen for a few moments and full specs on the website.

If qvc or any other retailer want my money they need to do a good job of convincing me to buy the item, not some nebulous generic sales pitch uch as it's an attractive colour and allegedly a good price.

Last edited:
I coudln't believe my ears either...
Yes I'm sure she said she worked for Dell and had been there a number of years.

The main presenter asked her why people liked Dell as a company and she wittered on about that it was because Dell was on Twitter and Facebook.

ER DER?????

they should get one of the presenters from the gadget show their fab specially suzi

Suzi Perry is too good for QVC!!! I am going to miss her on moto gp, but even so, she is far too knowledgeable and worthy for the Q lot!! :mysmilie_467: But yes, someone like Suzi would be great!:clapping: Yeah, LJ, what happened to her? She was great actually.

I thought is was a strange combination to lauch the Dell TSV - Craig and the Dell lady whose knowledge is very limited. She has worked their for several years, what as?
Office cleaner?????

She couldn't sell to save her life. If i remember when Dell used to sell they had UK or European Sales manager not someone like her, who freely admitted being non tech savey!

She's too hyper to do this, I can't understand half of what she is going on about.

I had to laugh tonight when Anthony asked her what you have to do when you get it at home and her first words were about how overwhelmed you would be by it's beauty when you opened the box.

I thought it was just me. I'm finding the Dell presenter's voice harsh and grating. I really haven't warmed to the woman.

pop up blocker!!!!! errr!!

the combination of craig and the dell guest presenter were too much for me.

i would rather buy direct fron dell and speak to someone on the phone to get what i want.
i am in themarket for a notebook but not from her. she did not even know whether it had a pop up blocker on it.:sleepy:
i swear somenoe asked that question for a laugh and it was a joke listening to her reply!

I watched it when Anthony was presenting and I thought he did a great job at explaining the techie bits. The Dell lady was too manic for me and she was all over the place showing what it could do - I like a more methodical approach when it comes to techie stuff as my understanding is pretty limited LOL.

Although I ordered the TSV I do agree with most of your comments. The lady did say she had worked for Dell for five and half years, starting out in sales and moving on to marketing. I was very grateful to a lady who texted in and asked a couple of specific questions which were bugging me, and the Dell lady (can't remember her name) was able to answer them to my satisfaction. To be honest, if it gets too technical it's over my head anyway.

Latest posts

Back