Charlie Lapson Bags..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Daisy2911

Registered Shopper
Have just been watching a bit of the Charlie Lapson show & having a laugh at the prices (& some of the colours).. Really bright bags.. Im sorry, but some of these colours really cheapen the look of the bag, whereas the same bag in a classic colour looks completely different.. I know that peeps like to buy summery bags for holidays etc.. But there are so many places to buy good quality bags now & at a fraction of the CL prices.. Also, they were charging £6.45 postage for the small clutch bag, yet only £4.95 for a much larger bag.. I don't understand the logic.. Claire was getting on my pip too!
Ok, ive had my little moan, lol.. Thank feck Glen didn't pop up with some handbag 'fashion' advice, I think I would have exploded! :cheeky:

I agree - I've just been watching a bit of the show and can't believe how cheap some of the bags look. He seems to be using a lot of 'faux' leather now { i.e. plastic ] but is still charging ridiculous prices for them.

Has he got his album of 'celebrities' that use his bags out yet ? I never know who most of them are.

I agree - I've just been watching a bit of the show and can't believe how cheap some of the bags look. He seems to be using a lot of 'faux' leather now { i.e. plastic ] but is still charging ridiculous prices for them.

Has he got his album of 'celebrities' that use his bags out yet ? I never know who most of them are.

Yes, they did show the 'celeb' photos Winetime.. I recognised Joan Collins, lol.. :thinking:

M&S have a lovely range of bags in leather and faux, bright and classic colours and they are all a fraction of the price and look better quality and less garish.

Linda :up:

I admit to being a bit of a traditionalist but I'm struggling to understand the merits of taking beautiful Italian leather, then coating it to resemble garish plastic.

M&S have a lovely range of bags in leather and faux, bright and classic colours and they are all a fraction of the price and look better quality and less garish.

I just tracked down a fabulous bag from M&S for £35.00 Been looking for a new bag for ages and like this better than any Charlie Lapson bag. Feeling rather smug:giggle:

Who would pay £197.25 plus £6.45 on p&p for a shopping bag, mind it is faux snake.

I am always surprised to see this bloke turning up so regularly. The Clearance Department has 34 Charlie Lapson bags in it today plus the ones in Last Clicks. Some of the reviews are iffy too.

I like the look of his bags, but fully admit I've got rather eccentric (slighly chavvy!:giggle:) taste in bags and love the brightly coloured ones - purples, blues and emerald greens - but NO WAY am I going to pay £200 for one!:eek:
They are fashion items not 'classics' that I'll want to keep for ever, so will be checking out my local New Look etc - and I'm sure no-one will know the difference, other than on QVC I've never heard of Charlie Lapson & doubt many other people have either....:cheeky:

Id never heard of Charlie Lapson either, but if I had £200+ to spend on a bag, I wouldn't buy one from this range.. Would look elsewhere.. I do have a thing about bags, I love them :thinking:

Agreed thumbs up for M&S. I get most of my bags from there.

The thing is, if I had never seen QVC and I saw those bags on a market stall with the Charlie Lapson tag, I wouldn't spend 20 quid on them. We're supposed to believe that they are worth £200 just because QVC say they are.

I've just caught my first Charlie lapson show and have nearly fallen off the sofa, £200 for patent leather bags???? WHAT??!!!! Who buys these things?

Am just watching a bag for £205 & CL has just explained that the main sides of the bag are leather.. BUT the rest is 'vinyl - faux leather' (to bring the price down a bit!)
What a rip off! God, it makes me angry.. Grrrrr.. :thinking:

I hate KVZ bags,with an absolute passion - and yet I'm happy to admit I like some of charlie L's - yet essentially thay are both plastic ranges.

However I have never bought one and nor will I ever - at these prices - and TBH,I wonder who is buying them at this silly prices.Sure I'd buy one at £35 but not £200?? - I just cannot work out why people would part with that kind of cash (sorry,trying not to offend,honest :angel:)

I hate KVZ bags,with an absolute passion - and yet I'm happy to admit I like some of charlie L's - yet essentially thay are both plastic ranges.

However I have never bought one and nor will I ever - at these prices - and TBH,I wonder who is buying them at this silly prices.Sure I'd buy one at £35 but not £200?? - I just cannot work out why people would part with that kind of cash (sorry,trying not to offend,honest :angel:)

I completely agree with you, I actually really like the bags but the prices are beyond a joke :eek::eek::eek:

Have better things to spend money on than over priced bags, I agree about the M&S range, really nice designs and good value for money.

I saw part of the CL show last night with Claudia. She is looking very well but seemed hard pushed to show any enthusiasm for the bags - not for usual bubbly self. In fact she said that reading a fashion mag the 'on trend' colours for the summer were what they called 'powder colours' i.e. pale pastels and neutrals. The colour of the bags on show...........vivid lime green, citrus yellow, lipstick red etc.etc.

Latest posts

Back