Oh dear !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

winetimeisfinetime

Registered Shopper
Claire just broke a stretch bracelet in the Silver Statements hour. Cue talk of how wonderful customer services would be if it happened to you, in a vain attempt to save the situation. She then said that the bracelet was a bit small anyway - no mention of that before she broke it !

I see lots of reveiws complaining about how flimsy the elastic is on the stretch bracelets, as now proved on air !

Yes I saw that too - just had to laugh. They do use the cheapest elastic and they are not well strung as some of my Honora stretchy bracelets broke on first wear. Did get a full refund including postage but thats not the point!

As the old saying goes you get what you pay for or in QCV's Case you get cheep and cheerful but have to pay designer prices.
How much extra would it cost them to use decent elastic so solving so many peoples problems .

As the old saying goes you get what you pay for or in QCV's Case you get cheep and cheerful but have to pay designer prices.
How much extra would it cost them to use decent elastic so solving so many peoples problems .

Not much as I should know and with QVC's buying power well what can I say :angry:

Hi Everyone

A newbie here, I found this Forum yesterday by accident and being a regular shopper and complainer re QVC I found your posts both informative and hilarious. So I've decided to join you.

It isn't the first time that Claire has snapped a bracelet on air, I've seen her do it before. Why, like you say they can't use something more substantial I'll never know.

Claire just broke a stretch bracelet in the Silver Statements hour. Cue talk of how wonderful customer services would be if it happened to you, in a vain attempt to save the situation. She then said that the bracelet was a bit small anyway - no mention of that before she broke it !

I see lots of reveiws complaining about how flimsy the elastic is on the stretch bracelets, as now proved on air !

"this is a elasticated bracelet, so will fit any wrist size" nonsense they keep spouting is one of my real bugbears.
NO IT WON'T - if you have a larger wrist, and trust me I have - then you may get the bracelet on, but the elastic will be showing inbetween the beads/stones, whatever, and it won't "sit" right, and will just accentuate big wrists/hands. Just need more 81/2 - 9" length bracelets/bigger bangles....pleaseeeeeeeeee. Some of us were not built delicate....! :sad::sad:

I bought a lovely stretch bracelet from QVC - read the reviews first which nearly all said it broke quickly but liked it soo much I thought it would be ok. It actually broke as I took it straight off the postman and out of the jiffy bag and tried it on.

that has put me off buying the opaque gems bracelets as i like lola rose stuff but sometimes mix in with some of the qvc stuff but never the bracelets.

the rings are usually very well made though so i usually stick to them rather than buying a similar lola rose ring for the best part of £100.00.

shame though how much is quality elastic!:confused:

(mum writes)

I bought my sister a Joan Rivers bee bracelet, which wasn't a stretch sort, which was fine when it was purchased (or so it seemed) but by the time it got to her it had completely disintegrated in the box. It was very strange - it looked as though it was decades old and had developed metal fatigue! I've not trusted anything else since! Very embarrassing, for both me and her.

I also had a similar experience with a range from South Africa (I forget the name now) made with beautiful large crystals. I wore it a lot but the wire snapped just days after it became too late to be able to get QVC to sort it out. I had to send it to a jeweller to be fixed but their repair broke within days and when it was repaired again it came back minus two of the crystals! It seems no one can be trusted and QVC stopped selling the range so I was never able to replace it.

Jewellery really is not worth putting a lot of money into. Even really expensive stuff can only be sold for scrap weight value if you decide to let go of it. This having been learned from bad experiences in the past. I will never be conned into paying a lot for it now.

Latest posts

Back