Tiffany Lamp - advice please...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyMum

Registered Shopper
Hi all....just watching the Tiffany lighting hour and I love the small Posey Pot Pourri lamp, Item 831608...have checked website and no reviews so can anyone here help...I love the idea of putting some nice-smelling oil in the holder over the bulb - but does it actually WORK, can you smell it when the lamp is in use? Have never had a Tiffany lamp before but very tempted with this, so any help/advice will be appreciated - thanx!

Hi all....just watching the Tiffany lighting hour and I love the small Posey Pot Pourri lamp, Item 831608...have checked website and no reviews so can anyone here help...I love the idea of putting some nice-smelling oil in the holder over the bulb - but does it actually WORK, can you smell it when the lamp is in use? Have never had a Tiffany lamp before but very tempted with this, so any help/advice will be appreciated - thanx!

it was a new item so i would check in a few weeks for some reviews

Hi

I've had something similar in the past and yes it does smell. Think I used lavender and a rose one and when it heats up you can smell it, but like everything scented after a while you can't smell it anymore, think it's 45 minutes, plus depending on how hot it gets you have to keep refilling it and if you forget it can leave a residue of oil which can then burn.

Might be nice to have lavender in the bedroom or eucalyptus if you've got a cold and obviously the smaller the room the more you'll smell it, BUT you have to use natural essential oils rather than those nasty fake smells, not good to breathe those in. Hope that helps?

Hi

I've had something similar in the past and yes it does smell. Think I used lavender and a rose one and when it heats up you can smell it, but like everything scented after a while you can't smell it anymore, think it's 45 minutes, plus depending on how hot it gets you have to keep refilling it and if you forget it can leave a residue of oil which can then burn.

Might be nice to have lavender in the bedroom or eucalyptus if you've got a cold and obviously the smaller the room the more you'll smell it, BUT you have to use natural essential oils rather than those nasty fake smells, not good to breathe those in. Hope that helps?

This item sounds worrying to me, would the Fire Brigade be pleased about it, especially as it's electric? I'm sure safety checks have been done but I would prefer to stick with the standard tarts over a tea light, easy to keep a check on too.

This item sounds worrying to me, would the Fire Brigade be pleased about it, especially as it's electric? I'm sure safety checks have been done but I would prefer to stick with the standard tarts over a tea light, easy to keep a check on too.

Yeah, this sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

I certainly wouldn't want to fall asleep with an electrical item burning oil next to me :whew:

Why not go the whole hog and pour kerosene over yourself then set yourself alight? :smirk:

Thanks all...still dithering..! I would imagine it must be safe enough, tho I wouldn't like to leave it on all night long, but anyway not thinking of it for the bedroom, more for the living room - curled up in my slanket in front of the telly (sloppy chick-flick, wino & chocs to hand!) with a nice fragrance and a romantic glow from the lamp...! I do take your point Lily about getting used to the fragrance after a while, it happens with the plug-ins and the candles ...anyway, will sleep on it ...thanks again...

Why not get a cheap deep-fat fryer and fill it with scented oils?

Drape a few B&W necklaces over it: would be LUVVERLY!! :cheeky:

Yeah, this sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

I certainly wouldn't want to fall asleep with an electrical item burning oil next to me :whew:

Why not go the whole hog and pour kerosene over yourself then set yourself alight? :smirk:

LOL! Isn't that a little extreme?! Surely it must have been tested in China somewhere? I think the worse that can happen is the glass bowl gets too hot and shatters BUT the bulb you use in one of those lights is only a low w anyway. I'm sure it's fine. :wonder: Although I reserve the right to retract this information should it become necessary to do so! :sweat:

Why not get a cheap deep-fat fryer and fill it with scented oils?

Drape a few B&W necklaces over it: would be LUVVERLY!! :cheeky:

Oh Klarion..now why didn't I think of that in the first place! The romantic glow I mentioned might be more a chip pan fire, but hey, I'll keep a pile of damp tea-towels by the sofa...!

Latest posts

Back