Their error, no P&P paid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loujareth

Registered Shopper
Got a card from PO yesterday saying I owed postage on an item, the only think I knew of was a coat which was really late being delivered from QVC that I was awaiting a letter about non delivery for. Well hubbie goes to collect today and yep, I was right, it SHOULD have been couriered but QVC sent it out in the mail by mistake, now whats best way to handle this one? Obviously claim monies owed that was paid out to PO but my hubby says what about parking and petrol to fetch the thing and for me, the 2 week delay. What really irks me is I paid £5.95 for this fantastic delivery and the PO said it cost £2.95!

I would ring customer service and ask for a full refund of the P&P and of any other costs you've incurred.
As well as the inconvenience it's caused you ,you've had to wait longer than 3-5 working days delivery that they advertise. I don't think you should be liable for any of the costs.

Their delivery is the worst of any company I have ever used:headbang::headbang:

Good luck

Could I be cheeky to ask where you awaiting a letter to sign that you'd not recieved your item ?
How did they say your item was being sent to you ?
Just wondering how they were investigating your purchase loss ?

What I've always wondered about sending jewellery in the post and all this about them using smaller boxes so can be pushed though your letter box.
Anyone who uses the Royal Mail knows they won't cover for loss jewellery unless SD insured post is used.
So how can QVC claim for loss of jewellery in the post ?
Has anyone had jewellery lost from QVC ?

Loujareth

As you have said - this is QVC's responsiblity. You should be refunded for all p&p costs inc return costs if applicable and of course the RM costs. Like LE Lover i dont think you have a legal footing re any other costs however i would be requesting a goodwill gesture - maybe some credit on your account for you to spend on something else -£10min? I hope you get the outcome you want - good luck Linda

The evil side :devil: of me would be tempted to phone CS and ask them how the coat was sent, without alerting them to their error. If the say courier, then when they receive the non-receipt declaration they'd contact the courier to try to trace it's whereabouts (and check you haven't signed for it and are telling porkies - as if!). Keep the coat and get the full refund! NB I use this example to illustrate the point that QVC should acknowledge your honesty and inconvenience when they offer you a little compensation.....honest! My criminal mind is all mouth and no trousers! :thinking:

The angelic side :angel: of me believes the Karmic thing to do is tell them what happened and graceously accept a refund of the postage, hopefully with a spot of compesation too!

Jude xx

Ta for the advice peops, not recieved my declaration of non-receipt letter yet to which I was advised they were sending out to me last week, they can't even get that bit right LOL what a shambles. So many horrific delivery posts on this forum at the mo, so much for a fantastic customer service record.

Hubby said the PO were clear in saying who made the mistake here, QVC. I suppose in my head I was sounding forum members out to see if I was justified in ringing them up and asking for a little more than the money I paid to Royal Mail. QVC are abysmal right now and they will loose a lot of custom.

Maybe your declaration is coming via pigeon and is held up by Dick Dastardly & Mutley!

Jude x

What I've always wondered about sending jewellery in the post and all this about them using smaller boxes so can be pushed though your letter box.
Anyone who uses the Royal Mail knows they won't cover for loss jewellery unless SD insured post is used.
So how can QVC claim for loss of jewellery in the post ?
Has anyone had jewellery lost from QVC ?

I think that they just have to stomach jewellery loss. The ridiculous profits that they make on the p&p more than cover their losses! They've even invented smaller boxes so a lot of it goes through as a large letter which costs less than a pound and we spend about £3.50 on it! I've had several pieces of jewellery go missing in the post in the past - I order A LOT and I am talking about over the last 8 years or so. They have always accepted the declarations and refunded me if out of stock or replaced it. I ordered an piece of pottery from a gallery a few years ago and that didn't appear - they refunded me and then RM sent out their own form that I had to sign. I have never had a RM form so as I said earlier, I presume QVC just accept the loss.

Maybe your declaration is coming via pigeon and is held up by Dick Dastardly & Mutley!

Jude x

This sounds too sophisticated for Q I think. More like Native American smoke signals. Don't look out the window at the right time and you've missed them!

I do think QVC should be more honest and transparent about their delivery times, which in my experience is 3 to 5 working years...

Latest posts

Back