Have you recieved your free compliment ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got a free compliment from the dentist today when I went about my wisdom teeth.

I needed antibiotics and he asked if I was old enough to drink! All this water drinking must be working.

Angel x

I got a free compliment from the dentist today when I went about my wisdom teeth.

I needed antibiotics and he asked if I was old enough to drink! All this water drinking must be working.

Angel x

Lucky you! I like a teabag with my water!

What a load of old guff that is!! You've got to be full of it if you need to ask someone to give you compliment.

Maybe I'm one of the whatever pecentage of women who never get complimented, or maybe I'm not but you know what? Regardless, I don't need to be complimented on anything order to live my life, and happily at that.

Lucky you! I like a teabag with my water!

I have been drinking pints of water. Even trying to drink green tea but I don't like the taste.

Figured there was no point putting all the lotions and potions on the outside if I didn't do anything for the inside!

I was told by a beauty therapist who did a facial for me that skin goes down hill from 24 and that I should be thinking about anti ageing products! I hadn't thought about it before as I generally look about 6 years younger than I am but I live in fear that I will age 20 years over night!

Angel x

I have been drinking pints of water. Even trying to drink green tea but I don't like the taste.

Figured there was no point putting all the lotions and potions on the outside if I didn't do anything for the inside!

I was told by a beauty therapist who did a facial for me that skin goes down hill from 24 and that I should be thinking about anti ageing products! I hadn't thought about it before as I generally look about 6 years younger than I am but I live in fear that I will age 20 years over night!

Angel x

don't worry too much about it ...good genes play a part too - I'm 63 and not bad skin apart from rosacea and some broken capillaries, which obviously I can cover up, but not many wrinkles or usual signs of ageing - yet...!

don't worry too much about it ...good genes play a part too - I'm 63 and not bad skin apart from rosacea and some broken capillaries, which obviously I can cover up, but not many wrinkles or usual signs of ageing - yet...!

I don't worry too much - I just try to be reasonably healthy. I am a sucker for beauty products and gadgets though. Just ordered a Clarisonic but I am hoping that I love it as the majority of reviews I have seen are good.

I think prevention is the easier option! Hopefully lots of water, never smoking, healthy eating and nice potions will counteract a few genes I have heading my way.

Angel x

There is a saying that ‘a nod is as good as a wink’ but that was obviously said by somebody who hadn’t had a wink from somebody as beautiful as you!

Keep on smiling.

Love The QVC Complimentor x

I don't worry too much - I just try to be reasonably healthy. I am a sucker for beauty products and gadgets though. Just ordered a Clarisonic but I am hoping that I love it as the majority of reviews I have seen are good.

I think prevention is the easier option! Hopefully lots of water, never smoking, healthy eating and nice potions will counteract a few genes I have heading my way.

Angel x

I used to smoke quite heavily, gave that up, but now discovered I like wine..! Doing everything wrong aren't I..! My daughter has talked her Dad into a Clarisonic for Xmas - she suffered acne badly, had two courses of Roaccutane while under the hospital, and now has scarring, which she's very conscious of, and spends £££££s on skin products! I do feel for her tho I tell her that other people don't notice half as much as she thinks they do!

I used to smoke quite heavily, gave that up, but now discovered I like wine..! Doing everything wrong aren't I..! My daughter has talked her Dad into a Clarisonic for Xmas - she suffered acne badly, had two courses of Roaccutane while under the hospital, and now has scarring, which she's very conscious of, and spends £££££s on skin products! I do feel for her tho I tell her that other people don't notice half as much as she thinks they do!

I really feel for your daughter BusyMum. I had nasty acne which left me with scarring plus infected chicken pox which added a few more lovely scars.. I have always been told that they aren't that bad but I am still, in my late 40s, very aware of them. I have also spent a fortune on skin products and make up over the years. I now use Alpha H and mineral make up but am sorely tempted by the Clarisonic. I really hope it helps your daughter's skin and improves her self confidence as well.

My skin isn't really bad but I know how much upset and paranoia it has caused my over the years. Finger crossed that the clarisonic is fab and helps!

My problem is that I look really closely in the mirror so I think things look worse to me than to other people who really never notice!

The thing that helped reduce my self consciousness was just realising that if everyone spends as much time as I do focussing on my OWN appearance then they really don't have time to notice my skin! I know I don't look at people and think their skin is bad.

Angel x

I am lucky enough not to look my age ( mid fifties ) either. Good genes plus fanatical about skin care.

I get complimented every day from DH. He tells me he loves me. Thats enough for me.

Thanks bags for including the link.I just don't see the point---compliments are surely only worth it if they are genuine.Am I missing something here?

at least they (QVC) are putting the money from extortionate P&P to good use

(please imagine sarcastic voice as reading sentence)

They are so fond of getting all these famous stars on to flog their latest CD so it would be more appealing if they got a real tasty man to give out the compliments. Who do they get ? Some obscure comedian from Yorkshire.!!! Couldn't they stretch to Peter Kay ?

How about ......Nigel Havers for instance ( sigh ).

Last edited:
They are so fond of getting all these famous stars on to flog their latest CD so it would be more appealing if they got a real tasty man to give out the compliments. Who do they get ? Some obscure comedian from Yorkshire.!!! Couldn't they stretch to Peter Kay ?

How about ......Nigel Havers for instance ( sigh ).

Or Alan Rickman......or Richard Armitage........ or Rufus Sewell........

Distracted now - might have to watch the Texas In Demand video on youtube again!

Angel x

Or Alan Rickman......or Richard Armitage........ or Rufus Sewell........

Distracted now - might have to watch the Texas In Demand video on youtube again!

Angel x

sorry Angel..form a queue behind me for Richard Armitage - don't care if he is too young for me!:giggle:

Latest posts

Back