Alexis Murdoch (L'Occitane) gives birth.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Dippy One

Guest Shopper
I've just found out via the qvc facebook page that Alexis Murdoch has given birth to a baby girl. Trying to get more details. Congratulations to Alexis and family.

Cool!, she's had the required girl, she can stop breeding now, whilst we figure out this whole air, food, resources, situation.:dull:

glad i wasnt around when her waters broke. did you see the size of her last week?

*reaches for snorkel and flippers*

glad i wasnt around when her waters broke. did you see the size of her last week?

*reaches for snorkel and flippers*

Yes, she was mahooosive! and so was her nose. I wonder why women's features distort so during pregnancy?

Anyway, I can't help but feel for Lily Allen at this time, I'm absolutely horrified for her. I can't imagine what it must be like to have a baby 2/3rds baked, arrival is imminent and then lose it. I know women miscarry evey minute of every day, but month 6 seems particularly brutal...although still-birth is probably the real annhilator. The last person I remember(high profile) who miscarried at 6 months was Linda Evangalista and I always wondered, how does one recover from that?? She many years later did carry to term, but this is Lily's second miscarriage, I just can't even imagine the trauma.:frown:

I know I've gone off on a tangent but she has been on my mind a lot, even though I don't know her from Adam.

Yes, she was mahooosive! and so was her nose. I wonder why women's features distort so during pregnancy?

Anyway, I can't help but feel for Lily Allen at this time, I'm absolutely horrified for her. I can't imagine what it must be like to have a baby 2/3rds baked, arrival is imminent and then lose it. I know women miscarry evey minute of every day, but month 6 seems particularly brutal...although still-birth is probably the real annhilator. The last person I remember(high profile) who miscarried at 6 months was Linda Evangalista and I always wondered, how does one recover from that?? She many years later did carry to term, but this is Lily's second miscarriage, I just can't even imagine the trauma.:frown:

I know I've gone off on a tangent but she has been on my mind a lot, even though I don't know her from Adam.

I was Mrs. Potato Nose too!

It is sad about Lily and I hope this doesn't make her go off the rails and that she has the strength in time to try again and for it to be successful.

i was thinking about lilly allen to today. its relativley rare to miscarry so late in the pregnancy.poor thing.

I've just found out via the qvc facebook page that Alexis Murdoch has given birth to a baby girl. Trying to get more details. Congratulations to Alexis and family.

I was concerned when I saw this thread that it had happened on air: now that would be one heck of a Christmas Surprise! :giggle:

Alexis looked very puffy on air last week...glad all has gone well for her.

Miscarriage is awful, and though time heals you never forget .

I had a stillbirth and was then unable to have children. As with all other tragedies, you find a way to cope, even if it is just minute by minute for the longest time.

I had a stillbirth and was then unable to have children. As with all other tragedies, you find a way to cope, even if it is just minute by minute for the longest time.

very very sorry about your sad experience iclaudipuss.:heart::heart::heart:

Alexis looked very puffy on air last week...glad all has gone well for her.

Miscarriage is awful, and though time heals you never forget .

:heartbroke::frown:

Gosh, you're made of strong stuff girl, to me that scenario just sounds unrecoverable from, but I guess our brains in their infinite wisdom give us way of coping, coz what's the alternative?, curl up and die?
Although this is not analogous with your situation, bout 5 years ago I lost someone who I thought that if and when they died, I would top myself...and guess what, I'm still here, not quite sure how I got through that 1st year, but like you said "you find a way to cope...minute by minute"...and that right there is gospel!

Yo, we've been fortunate enough to enjoy many hours of banter over recent years and I had absolutely no idea, my heart goes out to you, I'm so very sorry. There is no doubt that you've had more than your fair share of sadness in your life yet still your wonderful sense of humour shines through.

I'm now begging to God........"please don't throw any more c**p at this particular human being and give her the strength and health to go forward to enjoy a far better life."

Sending you a barrow-load of love and hugs. :flower::flower:

Yo, we've been fortunate enough to enjoy many hours of banter over recent years and I had absolutely no idea, my heart goes out to you, I'm so very sorry. There is no doubt that you've had more than your fair share of sadness in your life yet still your wonderful sense of humour shines through.

I'm now begging to God........"please don't throw any more c**p at this particular human being and give her the strength and health to go forward to enjoy a far better life."

Sending you a barrow-load of love and hugs. :flower::flower:

Give over you big soft thing! Eee, what yer like!
The way I look at things is that it's all too easy to say "why me?", I think the best response to trauma and illness and the like is "Why not me?" Admittedly, I've reached a stage where I'm saying to life, "Alright, you've had your fun and your skylarks with me, but give it a rest for a week or two, will you?" But in all seriousness, you only need to watch the news on any given day and you'll find others going through much, much worse. Okay, it's all relative, but I think it helps to put into perspective that you're not the only one with problems. it's that awful feeling of isolation, the thought that no one else knows what something is like that is the real killer, and that's what I try to fight all the time. Somehow or other we get through, painful though it is, and find reserves of strength and humour we didn't know we had, don't we? I've seen you do that, BL, and life's thrown some curveballs your way, goodness knows. My late mum was a fantastic role model and went through far more than me, with humour and compassion for others, and she'd have been a bit miffed to hear me in one of me whinge moods. Good job we're 'ard, ey?!!!!

So sorry, Lemon and BFT, that you've been through the mill, and good to see that you've come through and found that life is worthwhile, after all, even if it's never quite the same again. x

Give over you big soft thing! Eee, what yer like!
The way I look at things is that it's all too easy to say "why me?", I think the best response to trauma and illness and the like is "Why not me?" Admittedly, I've reached a stage where I'm saying to life, "Alright, you've had your fun and your skylarks with me, but give it a rest for a week or two, will you?" But in all seriousness, you only need to watch the news on any given day and you'll find others going through much, much worse. Okay, it's all relative, but I think it helps to put into perspective that you're not the only one with problems. it's that awful feeling of isolation, the thought that no one else knows what something is like that is the real killer, and that's what I try to fight all the time. Somehow or other we get through, painful though it is, and find reserves of strength and humour we didn't know we had, don't we? I've seen you do that, BL, and life's thrown some curveballs your way, goodness knows. My late mum was a fantastic role model and went through far more than me, with humour and compassion for others, and she'd have been a bit miffed to hear me in one of me whinge moods. Good job we're 'ard, ey?!!!!

So sorry, Lemon and BFT, that you've been through the mill, and good to see that you've come through and found that life is worthwhile, after all, even if it's never quite the same again. x

Well just think, if I had topped myself, I would have missed out on the genius that is "Murky MudFlaps".:mysmilie_867:

Nope, still not recovered from that, never will.:mysmilie_15:

Well just think, if I had topped myself, I would have missed out on the genius that is "Murky MudFlaps".:mysmilie_867:

Nope, still not recovered from that, never will.:mysmilie_15:

D'you know, I was about to edit my post and mention that one of the things getting me through was my new lipstick in Murky Mudflaps! Perhaps that should be my new forum name.

D'you know, I was about to edit my post and mention that one of the things getting me through was my new lipstick in Murky Mudflaps! Perhaps that should be my new forum name.

Do you think that might be better suited to you-know-who for obvious reasons..........:mysmilie_506:

Maybe not, don't think it suits you!!! :giggle:

Latest posts

Back