Julia Roberts looks so rough

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

felinegirl

Registered Shopper
I once mentioned a few months ago about the bags under Julia Roberts eyes. One or two people thought that I was being a tad catty. I wasn't, I was just passing a comment, believe me, I certainly can't shout as I tend to get them myself at times.

I saw JR last night and I thought that she looked really rough. I know she has mentioned a few times that she has just moved house, perhaps thats one of the reasons for it, (moving and working can be extremely tiring) whatever the reason, it proves that there cant be any miracle cure creams for eye bags, as I am sure that Julia would be privvy to using them.

Did anyone else see her and think the same as me? Or am I being a tad catty????

I agree re the bags under the eyes - i dont think Julia's weight loss has done her face and hair any good but as you say it speaks volumes re the creams and lotions eh!!. On a more positive note she has lost a good bit of weight(not easy to do) and i congratulate her on this.Although last night in the "Deck the Halls" hour i thought that Jill Gauntlet looked great(and healthy) next to Julia,i much preferred her size/weight/shape in comparison to Julia who since the weight loss has skinny legs/arms and a more ample(compared to the arms and legs) middle/bum/tummy- she insists in wearing those zipped ankle leggings and flip flop type sandals-YUK? All that said i like Julia but(IMO) she is becoming a little annoying of late with her over confident presentations.

Yes I'd noticed she was looking a bit rougher than normal, saying that you should see me at the moment, I'm full of cold and have eyes like pee holes in the snow (lol).

I also agree about those damn zip up leggings and those black toe post sandals that she must have had since the 1990's. I do applaud her for sticking to her diet (I wish I could), but she has gone a bit overboard I think. Still it seems to have given her loads more confidence, as she is now going so over the top with all the hair flicking and pouting. Also has anyone noticed that she is the one now doing all the twirls on the fashion shows.....................I don't know why they are bothering having the models on at all when she's about, she seems to be jumping off her chair every two minutes and posing. She was really dreadful on the Sketchers show yesterday poncing about:giggle:

Yes I'd noticed she was looking a bit rougher than normal, saying that you should see me at the moment, I'm full of cold and have eyes like pee holes in the snow (lol).

I also agree about those damn zip up leggings and those black toe post sandals that she must have had since the 1990's. I do applaud her for sticking to her diet (I wish I could), but she has gone a bit overboard I think. Still it seems to have given her loads more confidence, as she is now going so over the top with all the hair flicking and pouting. Also has anyone noticed that she is the one now doing all the twirls on the fashion shows.....................I don't know why they are bothering having the models on at all when she's about, she seems to be jumping off her chair every two minutes and posing. She was really dreadful on the Sketchers show yesterday poncing about:giggle:

:mysmilie_483: :mysmilie_481:
Had to smile when she was on with Glen the other night and she had the RN dress on. Wearing a size 12 but can also wear a size 10 :mysmilie_458:

Well good on her for the weight loss, although she does look a bit knackered for it.

I'm fat (better to be honest! lol) and I although I would love to lose some weight, I would only go so far cos once you go mental on weight loss you end up looking shattered all the time, better to be pudgy and healthy looking than skinny and looking as if your about to kak it!

PS when I say I'm fat I'm not at the getting craned out my bedroom stage just yet! :giggle:

Sometimes you see JR & she looks good. Other times like last night not a good look at all. I wonder if she carries fluid at times, that will make eye bags look more pronounced. I really think she needs a restyle on the hair. A fringe cut in would help a bit maybe & a new colour.:wonder: Too harsh for her now.

Thought Julia looked good the other night in ( I think) the RN dress looking slim & trim.She does seem to like baring her upper arms & after a certain age that is not a good look.She suffers ( as I do) from baggy eyes & i have said before if I was in her position I would look into doing something about that.Her hair could do with a re-style, again where as she probably thinks the full mane is youthful it has the opposite effect.I let my hair go naturally grey & don't regret it.Have sometimes asked hairdressers to tint it but they won't.It's difficult ( don't we know) to look good all the time & we all have 'off days'!!!!!!

I don't particularly think that JR is looking "rough" these days, sadly her age is catching up with her, she did look very young for her age, but I know in my own experience that it becomes increasingly difficult to stay looking 10 years younger when the condition of your skin, your wrinkles, the colour of your hair etc is a lot harder to hide. Maybe a change of hairstyle might help, but speaking as a fellow long haired gal, it is hard to take the plunge..what if it doesn't do the trick, if it doesn't suit you, then you're stuck with it for quite a while. At least long hair is versatile. I always said to myself that as soon as my hair became significantly grey, then it would be coming right off as not many older women can carry the look off without looking like some mad cat woman! Thankfully I'm still at the stage where I'm plucking out the occassional grey. Did notice that Julia is very grey around the root line, however in saying that, the colour of her hair does still look natural imo, and doesn't look obviously coloured..a little touch up I reckon and she'll be good to go. As for having dark circles/eye bags, then yes again it's a age thing. When I look knackered, I look really knackered, and no amount of creams and cosmetics will make me look as good as I did ten years ago! I can't do late nights/early mornings like I used to.

Good on her for trying to hold on to her youthful looks, I don't think she's doing too bad a job. If you want real mutton dressed as lamb you only need to look at Madonna....ewww!

There is nothing wrong with wanting to hold on to your looks but there must come a time when you should say to yourself "I shouldn't dress that way anymore". Julia does have nice hair but I remember she made a big thing at the end of last year saying she was going to have her hair cut, but she obviously chickened out!! I am 50 next year (yikes!!) and I have made little changes to how I dress and the way I apply my makeup. I do colour my hair. I don't wear hipster jeans as I thought I looked stupid!! I don't wear so much makeup anymore and even if I say so myself I think I look better!! I have a neighbour who is a few years younger than me (not many years younger) and she has a daughter and she is constantly trying to wear similar clothes to her daughter and she looks rediculous!! I hope Julia is not trying to dress like her daughter as that would be stupid!!

It's funny how we all perceive things, I'd actually been thinking the last few shows that she'd been looking better. Her hair was looking a bit more styled.

I know she'd explained in a previous show that she'd been having a lot of issues with skin sensitivity and until they'd found out what was causing it, she wasn't allowed to use a lot of her beauty products - she mentioned conditioner and nail varnish (hence her appearing on air with buffed 'naked' nails) but I thought the last few times I'd seen her she was looking much better. Though those zip leggings must be able to walk to the washing machine on their own by now. At least she always tries to make the best of herself - like Anne Dawson, she gets a lot of stick and she's not my favourite, but she always tries to make the best of her appearance and she always goes up in my estimation when she shows that 'before' pic of her on the Bare Escentuals shows...

She did make a comment the other night when on with the Rhinestone Cowboy about the way she came into work that day, that it was not good etc.

In fairness it must be hard to always have to look your best. She must have her share of personal problems like we all do but we don't have to put on an act for the cameras.

She did make a comment the other night when on with the Rhinestone Cowboy about the way she came into work that day, that it was not good etc.

In fairness it must be hard to always have to look your best. She must have her share of personal problems like we all do but we don't have to put on an act for the cameras.

And of course there is always the ****** great villa in Spain to relocate to when we REALLY get stressed. That must beat a daytrip to Broadstairs any time !

julia has always looked good in the past specially facially. the weight loss has ruined her lovely face. my teenage daughter a year ago thought she looked in her late thirties now she said she looks nearer 70 but a done up 70.

its either the face or the body at that age and she chose the body. its best to be a stone overweight than a stone underwieght.

she is still however the best presenter that qvc have even though she does act daft sometimes she is never boring.

julia has always looked good in the past specially facially. the weight loss has ruined her lovely face. my teenage daughter a year ago thought she looked in her late thirties now she said she looks nearer 70 but a done up 70.

its either the face or the body at that age and she chose the body. its best to be a stone overweight than a stone underwieght.

she is still however the best presenter that qvc have even though she does act daft sometimes she is never boring.

If she looks 70....then bring it on!!!!

I have to say that I think she's a great looking woman, really attractive. I also like the weight loss and think it suits her, a good health move, too.

I switched on the other night and was actually qiuite stunned at how old and tired Julia looked.
Now obviously I don't know if Julia has health or personal issues going on, but if her appearance is simply down to weight loss then she has not done herself any favours imho.
Her hair used to be lovely, it now looks dead and dry and her complexion sallow and dull.

I hope she is not unwell.

Latest posts

Back