Acer TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
I watched the midnight presentation hoping to learn from this as I have the previous TSV but Craig kept interrupting with idiot things like suitable for your grandma, your teacher, your trainer, your bank manager and more Qbabble. I was hoping to pick up some tips as they are very similar, the present TSV is more powerful than mine, but I am happy with it, but they did not even show how things work,. I do blame the producers as much as the presenter for spouting all this rubbish,

As a customer, but not often these days, I want to see the product, learn all about it, then I will decide if it is suitable as a present and for whom. Don't actually give that many presents costing £450, if any!

I watched the midnight presentation hoping to learn from this as I have the previous TSV but Craig kept interrupting with idiot things like suitable for your grandma, your teacher, your trainer, your bank manager and more Qbabble. I was hoping to pick up some tips as they are very similar, the present TSV is more powerful than mine, but I am happy with it, but they did not even show how things work,. I do blame the producers as much as the presenter for spouting all this rubbish,

As a customer, but not often these days, I want to see the product, learn all about it, then I will decide if it is suitable as a present and for whom. Don't actually give that many presents costing £450, if any!

It's also £9.95 p&p. I am interested in this too but can't stand the presentations at the moment, like you, they need to really revise their information delivery i.e. give it.

also he kept on about "clubbing together" to buy one big gift for someone special - is this an attempt to justify the price ? The easiest way to sell stuff to me is to show me how good it is and how it will enhance my life - not just telling me who else I could buy it for.

CR is a pain in the tush, don't know why they let him get away with it.

:wait:

Have had one 1/2 hours of Catherine doing the Gems Fest and they have just given Lee a tiny slot to sell the TSV on his own. :confused:

Thanks for your responses everyone. I have the 5223, which is less ram I think and less swings and roundabouts, but it is a superb machine , very fast and easy to use and would really recommend it to anyone.

:wait:

Have had one 1/2 hours of Catherine doing the Gems Fest and they have just given Lee a tiny slot to sell the TSV on his own. :confused:

He has just said there is another WHOLE hour with Craig coming up shortly! Whooooopeeeeeedooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mysmilie_476: Maybe he will suggest gifting your neighbours cat with one of these this time.

I watched the Lunchtime presentation and they said they had sold 2000, which did not seem many for QVC and at this time of the year!
Looks like QVC are more interested in pushing sale rather than showing what the laptop can do.

Craig said the case does not show finger prints because of it's textured case but when the camera pulled away you could clearly see greasy finger marks!

I reall cannot stand craig's presenting style - he is far too girly and talks nonsense most of the time.
Anmd when he is on with Dawn Biddy -................. i will say no more! Lol

I have a Acer Aspire one Netbook and the charger that is in the box is a problem. I'd had the charger for two months and the top pin which is PLASTIC snapped off the socket. It's best to go onto amazon and see if you can get an alternative charger from there so the same thing doesn't happen to you.

TBH I think most people would be better off buying a desktop or a netbook - both of which you'll probably find cheaper elsewhere. Although the laptop has some quite high specs, you do need to ask yourself what you are using it for. If it's to travel - this laptop will be much heaver than a netbook and with a much poorer battery life at under 3hrs 30mins. And you'll probably have to switch everything off to get that battery life.

too much sales patter"buy buy buy" rather than proper demos. i remember the days when i learnt a lot about technology on qvc.i heard more than i wanted to that this was the last laptop tsv before christmas.SO WHAT!!

Hi Everyone

I wonder if anyone can help me please?

I bought an Acer Aspire 5552 laptop yesterday from a QVC Outlet shop, and I assume it is one that has been returned by a previous customer. Unfortunately it does not have any manuals or brochures, but having googled the model, it seems it has a good spec and the potential to be quite a good machine.

However the main problem I have at the moment is that on start up the sound level doesn't seem all that loud, so I am wondering whether there is a problem with it, or whether this is normal, so if anyone who already owns one of these could let me know what their volume is like I would be really grateful. I have also tried a music CD and again, although I could hear it it wasn't that loud even at full volume.

Also, I am beginning to suspect it may be a 64 bit with Windows7, neither of which I have used before, so would I be able to communicate/transfer stuff between this laptop and my 32 bit desktop with Vista installed?

I was told it has a 12 month guarantee, but I'm not sure what this would include, e.g. if there is a problem, would it be collected or would it have to be sent off somewhere?

I feel as though I may have bought a really good machine, but if it is actually substandard, I still have time to take it back.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer any information or suggestions that may help

Latest posts

Back