Wash a mats

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Got IW on the background, as I'm waiting for my disasterous lemon pudding to cook, and they're selling the Washamats. They're now telling you that you need to wash the blinking things (twice) before you can actually use them! and said because they are so absorbent, they'll be dripping water everywhere, so hang them over the bath, or over the fence, and brush off the excess water, then allow them to dry naturally (that would take ages indoors, I'd think) then you can use them!!!!! If I'd spend £25 to get a blinking doormat, I'd expect to be able to use it immediately!

Why cant the manufacturers have them twice washed and ready for customers to use? Seems really daft to me!

I know exactly what you mean, especially with the amount of rain we've been having recently. Bear with it though 'cuase the mats are good and do the job a treat.

If you don't mind me asking .... whats wrong with your lemon pud?

I know exactly what you mean, especially with the amount of rain we've been having recently. Bear with it though 'cuase the mats are good and do the job a treat.

If you don't mind me asking .... whats wrong with your lemon pud?

Nothing..YET!!!!! I'm not the world's best cook, but I followed the recipe for lemon pud on the food and drink forum, and I made the mixture, and I was just worried about the thin consistency and the extremely low gas mark...it might turn out perfect, but I'm not that hopeful tbh....anyway, I might need one of the mats to asborb the uncooked mixture that's slopped over the floor when I take it out of the oven!

These mats were rubbish. On two occasions we washed them, as per the instructions, and they split whilst in the machine. Despite the claim that they'll never split!

I have 3 of theses mats (not purchased from IW ) and have washed them more times than I can say I always spin them so dont have the excess water problem and either dry on the line or in the tumble dryer, with no ill effects.

Latest posts

Back