Jenniefer Kirk

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Has anyone took note that, whenever our beloved 'fairy godmother' appears on air, she is seated on the right of our screen; with other guests, the presenter is on the right. These artistic types (!) do have their little foibles.

I am totally deaf in my left ear so always need to sit to the right of someone if I am to hear what they are saying.
So maybe she is the same.

Andrew has a scar on the right side of his face, not a good advert for skin care which suppose to work wonders.

I think Jennifer might have a hearing problem???? Don't watch her, but I remember years back she used to waffle on when the presenter tried to ask her a question. Wasn't sure if she was ignoring them or perhaps couldn't hear????

Andrew has a scar on the right side of his face, not a good advert for skin care which suppose to work wonders.QUOTE]

I think that's alittle unfair , ive never heard Andrew ever claim that any Gatineau products would do anything for a scar. No product on the market can completely remove a scar, they can only help improve the appearance of them like Decleor prolagene gel.

Yes, but that is why the scar is never seen. In fact he said long ago he used Decleor Proalgene gel to help fade it, so nothing in the Gatineau range. But then Gatineau so Andrew tells us is all about the skin looking firm and plump oh and lifted. The girl who used to do the range before him was stunning and a great advert for the range.

Yes, but that is why the scar is never seen. In fact he said long ago he used Decleor Proalgene gel to help fade it, so nothing in the Gatineau range. But then Gatineau so Andrew tells us is all about the skin looking firm and plump oh and lifted. The girl who used to do the range before him was stunning and a great advert for the range.

That's my point Donna. If the scar was on his right cheek it would be seen when he stands on the left hand side of the camera shot, therefore the scar is on his left cheek, surely?

Mayb hes self conscious about the scar , its up to him if he makes a point of showing it to the camera or not, its not for us to judge.

Yes Gemma1.

Autumn, when he appears at the BBC events with his wife and teenage children he shows his face quite openly. The first time a few years back, everyone was like, Oh what happened to Andrew as they only knew him from QVC and never seen it before. That was when he mentioned going through a car windscreen and using the Progalgene gel.

But when he appears on QVC and doing Gatineau he wants to hide it.

Yes Gemma1.

Autumn, when he appears at the BBC events with his wife and teenage children he shows his face quite openly. The first time a few years back, everyone was like, Oh what happened to Andrew as they only knew him from QVC and never seen it before. That was when he mentioned going through a car windscreen and using the Progalgene gel.

But when he appears on QVC and doing Gatineau he wants to hide it.

Mayb because at Qvc the set can be arrange so he doesn't have the scar so visible to the viewer , it doesn't mean hes trying to hide it,it may mean hes self conscious about it, where as at the Bcc event its about the charity not what anyone looks like, plus hes only on screen for a few minutes. I really don't understand why his scar is anyone's business tbh.

If I had a facial scar I think I would sit showing my "best" side if I was on the telly. Plus I may be wrong but I am struggling to think of any guests on Q who sit on the right hand side of the screen and to the presenter's right as they face you.

The point I am actually trying to make is:

We critic every beauty brand expert that appears on QVC.

Keeley, Fiona etc etc. We seem to have an idea of well they use the products they must look fantastic. Oh she has bags under her eyes, she has jowls etc.

With Andrew he is slightly different he has a scar running down his face. He used Proalgene for years to help it, okay no problem. But the fact he is representing a beauty brand but feels the need to hide it on QVC, thus giving the idea you must be perfect to represent Gatineau. What does that say to normal women? Andrew has a scar, lots of people live with facial scars work and live normal lives. Does he went he travels to France etc for board meetings with Gatineau wear a mask ( I doubt it), or is it considered different as its the insiders and not the people buying the brand.

I think the sitting on the right side is AY's thing. Years back when she was away on holiday or whatever, the present sat on the left and the guest on the right.

Last edited:
The side he sits facing the camera might not have anything to do with him having a scar at all.

At customer events Andrew always seems very comfortable in his skin, not in the least self-conscious about his scar. I suspect it's QVC who made this decision to seat him on that side. They always seem to prefer to present the most normal, most inoffensive version of everything and the result is very bland.

Latest posts

Back