Time for a new winter coat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I had a centigrade feather and down knee length coat for the last few winters. It was knee length with hood and I loved the style and warmth but as several reviewers have said I totally agree that the hood was far too big and the zips were always catching on the lining -so annoying. I gave up using the pockets and after 3 winters the main zip packed in even thoughI could probably have got a few more winters out of the coat if I could sew. Before I buy another I was wondering if anyone knows if we are due a centigrade TSV with a warm winter coat and if maybe...just maybe they have listened to their customers and put right these defects. Or, where can I get a similar style ( semi fitted A line knee length with hood- This style gives a nice shape whilst keeping you warm). TIA

Sorry WG I have no idea about a centigrade tsv. I bought a centigrade winter jacket a few weeks ago (purple) it is a lovely jacket but the sizeing is a bit out, the presenter said that it was chest 47ins which I went for as I would be wearing jumpers
underneath,I can fasten it but it is nowhere near 47ins. I would have sent it back but it would have cost too much....

Thanks Kathy sizing seems to be an issue with centigrade too it seems. I have checked my App as far as I can go on the TV guide but nothing showing yet. Surely Q should do a winter coat as a TSV that isnt made by Basso :mad:

I'm totally hooked on the quilted duvet coats. I bought a cream coloured one - polyester filling - from primark 4 years ago. I have an m&s o e in down and feather which is also cream and is slightly longer that I wear when it is frosty. I have a black full length Mexx down and duvet one but no hood so I wear it less. I have a brown 3/4 length cotton traders polyester one. If I was buying one now I would like one of the ones with a waist belt. The cream ones get grubby so get washed quite a lot and are fine after a tumble dry.

This Laundry one was on special offer a while ago but I see it has gone back to its normal price
http://www.qvcuk.com/Laundry-Down-a...c=105188-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-5-_-105188

I want a long winter coat.....jackets everywhere and "coats" that are just a little longer but proper length (IMO) coats seem to be in short (pun intended) supply!

The North Face and Patagonia have coats like the one you describe. They are a bit pricey but I've had my North Face coat for a few years now and it was a good investment as I won't need to replace it anytime soon.

Thanks for all the replies so far I will look online on all of those suggestions before ordering another centigrade one.:) sorry cant work out how to "like"posts using tapatalk.

I want a long winter coat.....jackets everywhere and "coats" that are just a little longer but proper length (IMO) coats seem to be in short (pun intended) supply!
I think the reason for jackets is that they can charge the same price or more as they were for coats. The same thing is happening to boots - ankle boots cost as much as knee highs were.

Thats a very good point and I expect you're right!!

I think the reason for jackets is that they can charge the same price or more as they were for coats. The same thing is happening to boots - ankle boots cost as much as knee highs were.

Just nipped in to primark and they had a quilted coat - almost knee length with the nipped in waist and fur edged removable hood for £20. I bought a black one. Other colours were beige and light kharki (spelling?) The fur looks synthetic and is a bit wide when not on but pulled up makes me look as though I'm off on an artic expedition

I gave up buying footwear over the internet including Q some time ago and now I am drawing the line with clothing.I have just returned an item ( NOT Q) at some expense because of fit.How often would you like to try a size down or up with a style you like? it is so hit and miss & some of the sizes/measurements given for some ranges on Q look as tho' someone has just thrown a few numbers in the air.It is a total lottery if you get the fit & look you are really happy with.

I suppose Dennis Basso does some good non-animal winter coats, but not everyone would feel comfortable about buying from him given the other side of his business, and it would seem like funding it in some way.

That's why I would never buy Basso stuff Julius. Now -I do eat meat and fish (although there are certain things that I don't eat on principal such as fois gras). I wear leather shoes. But I draw a line in the sand at killing animals disguised as sport, for their fur alone or in a cruel way. If I believe the skin or feathers is a by -product of the meat industry I am ok with it but I was kind of hoping the feathers were from the free range chicken or roast duck I had for sunday lunch. I never buy battery eggs and prefer free range chicken. I honestly did not know that scout so will rethink- in the hope I can be warm enough at 7 am at the bus stop in January x

I too have been looking at winter coats although I prefer a jacket. I have a great jacket which is 100% waterproof but the zip is broken. I have been looking on Q for the kit that replaces just the slider of the zip instead of having to replace the whole thing, but I can't find it. I saw it presented twice some time ago and should have bought it then.

Does anyone know if it is still sold on Q?

I too have been looking at winter coats although I prefer a jacket. I have a great jacket which is 100% waterproof but the zip is broken. I have been looking on Q for the kit that replaces just the slider of the zip instead of having to replace the whole thing, but I can't find it. I saw it presented twice some time ago and should have bought it then.

Does anyone know if it is still sold on Q?

Try 801588?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back