Rent a Presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miss molly

Registered Shopper
For example Emu lady tonight is making out she works for Emu but i have seen her fronting another fashion brand on qvc. They are employed to flog the product and the new LG rep today was saying we do this and we do this making out she is in the factory mixing with the artisans she is just a hired sales persom i think the presume we are so stupid,

Surely they do work for them if they are hired/chosen to flog/represent their brand.

I can understand the annoyance when they say things that imply they personally made or designed the product but technically they do work for them.

Agree with Mr.Tom. I think they do the royal we thing to make the customer/viewer feel as though though the brand owner is not actually there, the sub is next best thing. I was in the factory with (whoever) and know every detail of the brand. Look at Caroline from Liz Earle, she has morphed into Liz in all but name.

I am wondering if Laura will start skipping TSVs now as well? Only come over once or two a year.

There is also Cara (?) who 'presents' the Tignanello bags like she was in at the beginning of the brand, then gaily waltzes on to 'showcase' the Bob Mackie range.

Its the same on IW - a very gravelley voiced presenter (short blonde hair, you know her) - she came on pontificating about the joys of interchangeable covers for one handbag, and now is seen in all weathers with Karcher !

The worst one for it is abby horne, it's like they book her for a technology hour and give her 3 different products by 3 different companies and relies on her to remember what she read on wiki 10 mins before.

The worst one for it is abby horne, it's like they book her for a technology hour and give her 3 different products by 3 different companies and relies on her to remember what she read on wiki 10 mins before.

I can't stand that girl. She's probably very nice but any time she rocks up to present something techie I just feel a sense of dread knowing full well she really doesn't seem to know the products that well and one minute she'll be advocating Apple ipads, then the next when they bring up a Prestigio (read:****) tablet she'll be saying why its so much better than the 'premium' brands.

Lee Hobhein's another story. the tech guru who can't be arsed to even have his website written properly so he's left pre-written template pages in place.

I can't stand that girl. She's probably very nice but any time she rocks up to present something techie I just feel a sense of dread knowing full well she really doesn't seem to know the products that well and one minute she'll be advocating Apple ipads, then the next when they bring up a Prestigio (read:****) tablet she'll be saying why its so much better than the 'premium' brands.

Lee Hobhein's another story. the tech guru who can't be arsed to even have his website written properly so he's left pre-written template pages in place.

to be fair to lee, i assume if i switch on, on a friday night/saturday morning, i am likely to see him.... whereas abby can appear at anytime it seems, it's like she is hired for a one off fee and they cram her in...

Latest posts

Back