Autumn

Registered Shopper
Evolve Ego Professional Adaptable Tourmaline 2000W Hairdryer

QVC Price: £91.00

Today's Special Value Price :

£74.88

ego.jpg

P&P: £7.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Evolve-Ego-Pro...00476.html?cm_sp=[Ljava.lang.String;@6edc6edc

Last edited:
Autumn, thanks for the heads up - when Debs said in her blog it was an Ego, I was so pleased - I've regretted not getting the last tsv!. And I wanted a diffuser with it, too, and such a great price for an Ego, it's a buy for me!

Ooh be interesting to see as it's got a decent looking diffuser. Love my Ego straighteners.

I really regret not buying a hairdryer from Lidl which was the spitting image of the first Ego hairdryer TSV, same shape, colour, power, light-weight, tourmaline, etc but about £15. I'm still watching for them to repeat it.

Will this be an ionic hairdryer? I struggle with frizz and fluffy hair with anything vaguely ionic.

Can I ask from those that will know, is it really worth paying so much more for a hair dryer? I have to confess, I'm useless at using a hair dryer (and not much better at styling my hair generally). I have lots and lots of hair, just below shoulder length, with lots of frizz and wave. I try to beat it into submission with my babyliss big hair styler and either ghds or a really big hair curler. When I blow dry, I tend to get a bit of a puff ball, so I tend to let it half-dry naturally and then use the styles to finish. I've only spent c£35 on hair dryers previously. Are more expensive ones so much better or is it all just hot air :giggle:

Hi Dips! In my experience buying the best you can afford does help, but a lot of it is to do with your own hair type and personal aptitude for styling hair. When I had short pixie hair I could get away with any old hairdryer, but now my hair is very long, thick and curly a cheap hairdryer destroys it.

I've used many types of hairdryers as I did a hairstyling course (blow dries and up-dos, not cutting) and style my friends and families if they ask me, therefore using their hairdryers that they have in their homes.
There isn't much difference in the mid range £30-£60, but above that you will get better speeds, quality and features that ultimately aid styling and condition. But the tools you use will make a difference too Dips , the right type of brush makes a difference too.
Hope that helps!

I do like the look of this dryer, but the whole presentation was just me me me from Jill Franks, talking about her supposedly long, volumous hair. Sigh.

Last edited:
I don`t want to sound thick but how does it differ from the less expensive ones I`ve just bought a replacement from Tesco for £8.50 2000W as my old one burned out, I didn`t realise there was a big difference, all I looked for was one that dried it quick ..I don`t blow dry my hair to style it but just dry and put large rollers in Although my hair is fine I have quite a bit of it according to hairdressers!

I feel cheated MAD I just bought a hairdryer in Sainsburys for £14.99 (allegedly half price), it's fairly quiet, 3 speeds and 3 heat setting plus cool shot button. I only blast my hair with my head upside down and can't imagine I'd see sufficient improvement doing this with a more expensive one. I use my babyliss Big Hair for the rest of the drying/styling process. I did have one with an ionic function but I didn't see any difference and it disappeared into DD's room about 7 years ago never to be seen again! (I hear it occasionally so I know it still works!)

My Babyliss Big Hair has stopped rotating the one way. Only got it in March so rang CS and they are sending out a returns label. As I am getting my original P&P back, this comes to over half the price of the hairdryer. So I have gone and ordered it. Nothing seems to stop the frizz on my hair, so I am hoping this will do the job.

It's years since I have dried my hair with a hairdryer. I have used the heated styler brushes or over the last couple of years, the babyliss big hair styler.

I was tempted to try this ego hairdryer but I would then have to buy styling brushes and use a different technique to dry again... plus, I have tried 2 Ego products from QVC recently that had to be returned as they were faulty, so the brand doesn't inspire confidence.

It's years since I have dried my hair with a hairdryer. I have used the heated styler brushes or over the last couple of years, the babyliss big hair styler.

I honestly can't remember the last time I used a hairdryer. I don't think I could cope with all that heat nowadays, would finish up "glowing" from head to foot and would have to wash my hair all over again! Takes me 5 minutes to do my hair - wash, comb, leave. That's it for me. Sorry EGO, no sale here.

I've been looking into a new, more expensive brand hairdryer for a while. I've been thinking about a Parlux since they seem to be so universally loved, but I've decided to go for this. May as well try with 30 days etc. If I don't get on with it then I'll try a Parlux. I really like that there are more heat and airflow options, I normally always find one setting too cool, the next one up too hot etc.

I've only just caught the presentation of this but decided against. Firstly, I think the least said about £8 p&p the better, would not pay that on principal alone. Secondly, there's just something about this EGO brand that I don't trust, it seems to me to always want to be a copy of some thing else but doesn't actually innovate for itself. Thirdly, I'm not sure that even if this was the Rolls Royce of hair-dryers that it would make any difference to my untameable hair when put in my hands (even my hairdresser struggles to gain the upper hand with my unruly locks).

Did anyone else go for this? What are your thoughts? The reviews are pretty bad overall, but I'm in two minds personally since it does have some really good points. There's a lot that's not so good so though, like how insanely hot it gets. Need help making my mind up, since it's a lot of money for a hair gadget.

Did anyone else go for this? What are your thoughts? The reviews are pretty bad overall, but I'm in two minds personally since it does have some really good points. There's a lot that's not so good so though, like how insanely hot it gets. Need help making my mind up, since it's a lot of money for a hair gadget.
I was wondering the same, I went for it but can't see it being worth the money but the thought of the cost of sending it back is encouraging me to keep it

EGO Hairdryer - recent TSV

Did anyone else buy this hairdryer? I cannot get the nozzle to attach to the appliance. Is there a knack to it? I have tried to click it on and screw it on but it won't secure!! I have read the reviews and they are terrible. I am wondering if it has a fault? For the price I was expecting more! Anyone else experience a problem? Thank you

A couple of forum members bought it and will probably see your message. Sharon-s did you could pm her and hope see sees it. Another option is to call QVC customer services - it's an 0800 number. Get a man in they are usually good at doing stuff like that.

Latest posts

Back