Julia Roberts singing in 1980!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I wondered if you'd seen this clip of Julia Roberts when she was singing for Main Event in the Song for Europe in 1980?

Here is the clip on YouTube, Julia is clearly seen when the time is showing 2:34, before that you can only see her further off.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PcJr-a2hKhI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PcJr-a2hKhI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcJr-a2hKhI

For a dancer she'd make a bluddy good carpenter, she's that wooden. :rolleyes: Bet she's put 'singer' somewhere on her CV even though she wasn't even mentioned in the line up. :cool:

For a dancer she'd make a bluddy good carpenter, she's that wooden. :rolleyes: Bet she's put 'singer' somewhere on her CV even though she wasn't even mentioned in the line up. :cool:

That's exactly what I thought, compared to the other girl she is rubbish. Looks like one of those 'toy soldiers'. lol

i had to have a stiff drink before i clicked that link

phew]

she's done the lot in her quest for attention aint she?

bet she still sends chrissy cards to cheryl baker an'all

chezza probably opens it every year and thinks "who the f*** is that?"

What can I say, except, ooooooooooooooooooo aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Even Julia can't bring off a lime green jump suit!

Is that how she acquired her infamous 'dancers calves'? A granny at a wedding could have done a more co-ordinated routine. She's like a moth to a flame when 'showbiz' beckons. ;)

Didn't score too well on the night either;

The UK Final was held at the BBC TV Studios in London on March 26th, hosted by Terry Wogan. The winning song was chosen by the votes of 14 regional juries. There was a tie for first place at the end of the voting, therefore each jury had to pick their favourite. Six of the juries preferred "Happy everything", but the other 8 liked "Love enough for two" best so it was the song that represented the UK.

1 Don't throw your love away Scramble 97 6th
2 Happy everything Maggie Moone 131 1st=
3 Easy Plain Sailing 111 4th=
4 Here we'll stay Sonia Jones 56 11th
5 Love enough for two Prima Donna 131 1st=
6 Symphony for you Jacqui Scott 67 8th
7 Love is alive Duke & The Aces 94 7th
8 Everything is all right Roy Winston 58 10th
9 Love comes, love grows Midnite 62 9th
10 Gonna do my best The Main Event 45 12th
11 I want to be me Pussyfoot 111 4th=
12 Surrender Kim Clark 129 3rd

:D:eek::D that has got to be one of the worst vids i've ever seen in my life they are all rubbish not just JR(sz s) she looks like she is dancing on hot coals
thanks for posting made me:D

Great find but oooh the curse of video will always get you in the end Julia. I wonder what other treasures are waiting to be discovered?

:D:eek::D that has got to be one of the worst vids i've ever seen in my life they are all rubbish not just JR(sz s) she looks like she is dancing on hot coals
thanks for posting made me:D

I needed a good laugh! What a dreadful song - it just wouldn't end! :eek:

I recognised Cheryl Baker immediately (and TW) but wouldn't have recognised JR even though her style is much the same. :confused:

Latest posts

Back