Gratitude journal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
What the bleeding heck is one of those?

JK has just mentioned this whatever it might be.

I am slowly losing the will to live between her and LOL woman.

You keep a notebook/ journal every day of all the positive things which happened - from little things you're grateful for it enjoyed like nice glass of wine to a hug or gift etc.
Ie counting one's blessings!

I think it may have started as part of a self help book trend but basically it's also a technique used in CBT too - some research showing it can actually boost mood and so on...

You keep a notebook/ journal every day of all the positive things which happened - from little things you're grateful for it enjoyed like nice glass of wine to a hug or gift etc.
Ie counting one's blessings!

I think it may have started as part of a self help book trend but basically it's also a technique used in CBT too - some research showing it can actually boost mood and so on...

Thank you - sounds very Americian to me but whatever floats your boat.

Oprah brought this idea to the masses in the 90s :) the corresponding book was called A Simple Abundance if my memory serves me well

There was a similar thing going around FB for a while. Nominated people had to write 3 positive things on their FB page everyday for a week. Someone nominated me but I thought bugger off, the most positive thing IMO was being able to log off and iggy them !

Why has everything got to be 'out there' and so public these days?! I tend to think back over my day last thing before I nod off, and maybe have a little smile at something that happened. But, I am obviously repressed as I don't write them down or share them on social media :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back