Yankee Candle TSV 26/11/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
And its Votives Again lol ...

Yankee Candle Christmas Gift box with 12 Votives

01112014_qcvnovembernewsletter_YankeeCandles.jpg

what are the scents? i cant make them out from the photo my eyes are too bad.

The only two fragrances i can make out are Icicles and Angels wings.

Until I read your post, Autumn, and after looking at the photo, I was about to comment how very summery this was for a Christmas TSV. All that pink and pale blue and yet the names you mention are indeed their Xmas fragrances. It is a no from me as I do not do votives.

Yankee do so many exciting things why Oh why are Q stuck in the Votive/Tea light groove?
When Q very first started selling Yankee there where only one or two other on line retailers and they where mainly sold in "posh" garden centers.
But now you can buy them every where including Asda and my local bargine shop Biology where I picked up a votive holder from Yankee for 19p.
So get on track Q and up your game we are all fe up with the same old same old offerings from you.

Yankee do so many exciting things why Oh why are Q stuck in the Votive/Tea light groove?
When Q very first started selling Yankee there where only one or two other on line retailers and they where mainly sold in "posh" garden centers.
But now you can buy them every where including Asda and my local bargine shop Biology where I picked up a votive holder from Yankee for 19p.
So get on track Q and up your game we are all fe up with the same old same old offerings from you.

to be honest Q are only going to bring in what they know will sell and i have no problems with that

Ian I know what you mean, but if we are never offered alternatives then how do they know if they will sell.

It's like my supermarket which tells me a particular brand is stocked because it is the one everyone is buying, no, it is bought because it is the only one they stock. Chicken and egg.

There are hardly any YC in clearance which would indicate a loyal following so they could take a chance, after all they must make a fortune out of the bread and butter YC lines they sell.

Oh no not votives again! How boring! It's a no from me. I am actually saving money left, right and centre here with QVC's latest offerings. All I need now is for the L'Occitane TSV to be a damp squib and I'll be quid's in this year!

I'm sure they'd do much better with a melt/tart offer, or a nice selection of different sized jars with a few melts or votives thrown in.

Tbf the Yankee Candle Tsv's haven't been selling aswell of late, The Grandma's kitchen and Tea pot TSV didnt sell out and its been on air every Yankee candle show at an Intro prices.

Yankee Candle is becoming a little like the TV show 'The Apprentice' its reached its high point, but still carries on..

Don't get me wrong, I love Yankee fragrances, and confess to sticking my nose in over 60 varieties, and disappointed with only about 10% of the frags. I think they literally blow Prices candles out of the water (maybe the Queen stamp seals Prices because of tradition, rather than quality)

HOWEVER... There is one home fragrance company that, in my opinion, literally surpass them all in the their scented candles dept, and that's BAHOMA

Hands down the scent throw is amazing, the soot minimal, the even burn, fantastic. Sure, £25 for a 220g candle is steep, but if your lucky enough to have a TKMaxx or their sister company Homesense locally, they are selling same for approx £6.99

Tonight I'm burning 'Vanilla Black'

adults only time.. :mysmilie_14: Whoa! now.. where did I put my ....umm 'hidden friend'??

bahoma are lush candles. very very clean burn and unique blends at fantastic prices, if you buy them in tk max et all. these last ages dont let the size put you off.

yankee candles are nice BUT the quality has gone right down. also because the jars are sooooo big you believe you are getting a good deal. but if they tunnel or have no scent throw you are stuffed. coupled with the fact qvc sell them in three's with a massive £6 postage its a lot of money if you have problems.

i think that qvc deliberatly sell poor tsv's to get people to watch and buy other items. when qvc started selling yankees the tsv's were fab. you got jars, tarts, shades and holders to give you a taste of everything. they have a captive audience now hence the lack of motivation to give us better value

Perhaps someone should start a thread in the section " reasons not to shop with Q" Yankee candle alternatives, because ive never heard of these brands you guys have been mentioning , but i will be looking out for then from now on lol

Perhaps someone should start a thread in the section " reasons not to shop with Q" Yankee candle alternatives, because ive never heard of these brands you guys have been mentioning , but i will be looking out for then from now on lol

there is a thread in reasons not to shop with qvc.....most of the candles are heavily discounted by tkmax and homesense hopefully most people can get to one

Latest posts

Back