Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Don't watch QVC much these days but turned on waiting for the Bobbi Brown Show.
What does this woman look like? her hair looks as if it has not been washed for a week, her make is shiny and patchy, and that top..........! Don't the management care what presenters look like? Can they just get away with this shoddy appearance? Perhaps she is not well, in that case, stay at home please.

Hope she is not doing the BB show, the girls will never get a chance to explain the products.

It's the shouting that I can't stand. Why can't she be on in the week when I'm at work? I switch on the television on a Saturday morning to watch a bit of QVC whilst I have a brew and quick look at the Internet before I go shopping and she's on every blooming time! Still at least it stops me procrastinating, as after listening to her for a few minutes a trip to Tesco seems quite appealing.

It's the shouting that I can't stand. Why can't she be on in the week when I'm at work? I switch on the television on a Saturday morning to watch a bit of QVC whilst I have a brew and quick look at the Internet before I go shopping and she's on every blooming time! Still at least it stops me procrastinating, as after listening to her for a few minutes a trip to Tesco seems quite appealing.

that bad??? lol

She looks a real mess clearly she doesn't have a mirror in her dressing room come on Anne get your act together has put me off watching today esp now AD has finished and the insufferable Sarah Griffths aka eyebrows is on.a cup of tea and the footie for me then

I simply can`t watch or listen to her. She comes on, the telly goes off, simples.

It really is a good job none of us are actually interested in Q's wares as so many of us have to switch off when the presenters come on.

We can tolerate some, mute most and the same ones seem to get switched off every time

Haven`t seen her for a while and was shocked with how she looked ...hair just clipped back with no style to it at all... looked like she had stepped off the set of `Family at War` or `All our yesterday!` wouldn`t you think one of the others would have a quiet word or her immediate boss for that matter ...has she been ill?

I think they try to have some variation in the types of people presenting. Ann Dawson is one of those people with a more homely appearance, not one of the divas whose appearance is meant to be aspirational the the viewers. I'm sure she is a perfectly nice person, I just can't stand her harsh shouty demeanour. That she is not particularly glamorous is not particularly a bad thing. She is a lady of middle age, she has problems with rosacea and her appearance yet she works in TV. There should be more people of average appearance on screen, I feel. Good luck to her.

Not a big fan of her as a presenter (what little I've seen of her) but she doesn't look so bad does she?! Granted her hair style and colour doesn't suit her hair type/ colouring but I liked the curls she had had done with an ego curling wand this morning (which btw looked VERY much like something one might find at Ann Summers - or was that just to me?!!)

But I did hear Anne (Dawson not Summers ;) that her son had been in hospital this week as he has malaria and she said it had been a week from hell so maybe cut her a little slack today?! (Or not - not meaning to make anyone feel guilty just sharing!)...

She looks a real mess clearly she doesn't have a mirror in her dressing room come on Anne get your act together has put me off watching today esp now AD has finished and the insufferable Sarah Griffths aka eyebrows is on.a cup of tea and the footie for me then

Its not her eyebrows that get me, - I cant take my eyes off her neck ! it really is the longest I've seen on any woman (or man for that matter) - equally her incessant 'talking over' the guest presenters drives me nuts.

I just think she is making herself look older than she actually is .. and when you get to that `certain age` you do try that bit harder even if you don`t work in the media thats why I asked had she been ill You don`t have to be a diva to look smart ...she just looks like she hasn`t bothered at all with her hair !! Her complexion has been used to sell in the past so we know it can look better ...just sayin!!

IMO she looked quite presentable on the kipling this morning, a lot better than she usually does!

I'm sorry, but it's not her fault is she has a long neck or rosacea! I'd rather see her on TV than some silly Essex girl with breast implants. I think she should just work on the harsh voice a bit and she'd be fine.

I thought she looked a bit better than she normally does, though she's another one who needs to get her hair cut and styled to suit. She didn't seem quite as shouty this morning, unless it's my imagination. She's not a tv natural and nothing she does will alter that.

Some people are polished some not no matter what they do. Fine hair that goes flat the minute the faffing is done happens to a lot of us, with or without Q's extensive range of goop.

Ann did look better when her hair was darker and cut into a bob ,but that was years ago.

I think it's the same problem as AY, they are not ageing well and no matter what you do short of surgery and wearing wigs like Joan Collins,you are not going to look great.

With the hair,I speak from experience never being able to get it in a decent style these days .Its fine, lost body and thinner.

At least Q allow their older female presenters to remain on screen which doesn't happen in most main stream TV.

I wasn`t making comment on how she is aging we can`t alter that unless we want to look like stretched parchment just she could make herself look better ..the long lank hair style is a recent style so we know she has bothered about her hair style in the past and I wasn`t bitching just passing comment and I don`t think her skin looks bad at all ...anyone in the media is open to this ...who is the Essex boob job?

Some people are polished some not no matter what they do. Fine hair that goes flat the minute the faffing is done happens to a lot of us, with or without Q's extensive range of goop.
AMEN to that ! I've always suffered from "baby fine" hair, and now reached the age where there is more scalp than fringe ! Despite all the claims from various experts and companies, all the gloop and hair thickeners do not have a lasting effect, and life is too bl.....dy short to ponce about every night, plastering an overnight remedy on yer bonce and smelling non too pleasant into the bargain. I maintain that it will be world headlines when a REAL breakthrough is discovered for the right formula to thicken fine hair.

Ages ago AD was wearing a wig from one one of their ranges & she looked fab. I think it was a short bob & really suited her.I can't understand why people with the contacts & money do not update & make the most of themselves, especially when on TV ( unless of course she is quite happy with her look!!) I don't mind Ann but her seemingly continual use of 'I tell you what' gets on my nerves.

Latest posts

Back