The worst sales pitch Ive ever seen on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
Was this morning. An hour with Sara Griffiths - she was in Dr who you know featuring Revitalash & Judith Williams cosmetics. (not on Dr who) LOL

Shame it wasn't a 'duvet day Sunday' for Sara. On introduction of Revitalash, Sara pipes up 'oh I wont bore you to death with the product, I'll let Natalia do that'

Next... on comes Sarah Hollingsby representing Judith Williams Now I have great respect for Judith, she has such huge knowledge about her product, and her skin is amazing, so I guess standing in for her is tough. Then, being paired with Sara Griffiths is, well to be honest car crash tv, because Sara is hell bent on not just asking questions but literally cross examination to the level of Spanish inquisition with her beady side staring eyes

It went something like this

SG - 'what makes the Diamond luxury range so special'
SH - 'Because its luxurious'

SG - 'why is collagen so important then'
SH - 'because it plumps up your skin'

SG - 'why a lip product'
SH - 'because the lip is very thin and fragile and has very little muscle'

Add to that a lot of Hollingsby 'umms' & 'errrs'. It was as if they had pulled a woman from the bus stop outside studio waiting for her bus to Tescos, planted a Judith Williams product in her hand and said 'sell this'

It was obvious Sarah Hollinsby didnt know the product, didn't care about the product, AND more importantly absolutely hopeless in the art of BS!!

'Expert' guest presenters make me sick. Especially when they are seen away from QVC selling vitamin pills or Christmas Hampers. Devoted to product? Yeah right!

Comical, I thought.

Is it possible that the guest went into a parallel universe once SG started spouting. We physically switch over, maybe she just zones her out, I know I would.

I didn't see the interview but I'd hate an hour of being grilled by SG. The beadiness, the rapid cross-fire questioning, the interrupting before you've made your point, the lack of a smile - can she smile? - are at best exhausting, at worst intimidating. She makes me feel tired, just watching her. If I can stand more than a few minutes of her, that is.

It's strange: I want to like SG - she's intelligent and obviously puts the work in - but she then goes into her exhausting rapid-fire mode. It's like she's discussing neurology or nucelar phyics rather than some over-hyped snake oil potions. Moreover, she's always keen to impress on us that SHE knows as much about the product as the poor guest. An uncomfortable watch.

I saw a part of this and I felt sorry for the guest. SG just sat and read reviews and hardly let her get a word in. I'm sure Sarah Hollingsby does know about the product but it must have been daunting for her because of it being her first solo hour, let alone with SG! I find SG is totally self-absorbed. (Off topic but it really annoys me when she has to put a pulled-in tight belt on anything she wears during fashion shows to show off her waist, and then admire herself in the monitor!) Most of the guests are ok but they need to be given time to actually speak and let their knowledge show. SG can't manage that and I'm another who has to turn her off.

I saw a part of this and I felt sorry for the guest. SG just sat and read reviews and hardly let her get a word in. I'm sure Sarah Hollingsby does know about the product but it must have been daunting for her because of it being her first solo hour, let alone with SG! I find SG is totally self-absorbed. (Off topic but it really annoys me when she has to put a pulled-in tight belt on anything she wears during fashion shows to show off her waist, and then admire herself in the monitor!) Most of the guests are ok but they need to be given time to actually speak and let their knowledge show. SG can't manage that and I'm another who has to turn her off.

Ah, the waist and mirror thing - I'd forgotten about that. Yet another cause of irritation.

I know exactly what most of the posters mean but, although she is not my favourite presenter, I do feel I should speak up for her. I actually appreciate the way she attempts to, and usually does, get the facts we all want to know about products from the guests. I work in sales, and have to be knowledgeable about all of the electronic items I sell, as the customer needs to be armed with the information to allow them to make an informed decision, and buy the one which is suitable for them. As a viewer, we have to rely on the presenter to ask the relevant questions as, by the time we tweet the question in, they are on another item, and I think Sara does that. I have said before, the presenters are, essentially, sales people; very few, if any, of them would last in a physical sales environment. Debs Flint would be like a stalker, hassling the customer, who just wants to be able to look around, with the option to call the assistant when he/she wants help. I don't think Sara would be able to be quiet long enough, to allow the customer to ask any questions. The rest don't know their products. Julia has the type of calming and endearing personality, which would make her approachable to a customer, so if any of them could do it, she could.

Latest posts

Back