Product Photos

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
QVC really need to sort out their use of still photos during shows. How many time have we seen posts saying that action was occurring in the studio but we didn't get to see it because they shove a still picture on screen instead?! It happened again yesterday during the Gatineau show. AY was apparently trying to pin a poppy on Andrew's chest and, accidentally or otherwise, kept sticking the pin in his chest! They seemed to be laughing about it but all we got to see was three minutes of a photograph of a skincare collection. Why do they have to treat us like idiots like that? Why can't we see what is going on?

And in a similar vein, what is the use of them showing mostly white products on a white background? There are times when you can barely make out the outline of the product in shot. Don't they have the common sense to think they might need a darker background for some of them? I'd have thought the person who took the photos in the first place might have noticed! What a shower!

I've noticed this recently with white products. The presenters haven't even acknowledged it. Grr!

One of my bug bears is when there is no picture on the web site. This happens quite a lot with clothing,when you want to have a good close look.

QVC really need to sort out their use of still photos during shows. How many time have we seen posts saying that action was occurring in the studio but we didn't get to see it because they shove a still picture on screen instead?! It happened again yesterday during the Gatineau show. AY was apparently trying to pin a poppy on Andrew's chest and, accidentally or otherwise, kept sticking the pin in his chest! They seemed to be laughing about it but all we got to see was three minutes of a photograph of a skincare collection. Why do they have to treat us like idiots like that? Why can't we see what is going on?

This is one of my pet hates. Looking at a still picture of a product, whilst the guest/presenter is saying things like 'this is how this product comes apart - oh, that wasn't meant to happen never mind you don't need that bit anyway - well not very often, or press this button here but don't press that one, otherwise an explosion will happen and you don't want that, or doesn't this ring look lovely on my finger, oh a stone is missing, but see how the stones that are still in the ring catch the light'.

Ok they aren't saying the above (more is the pity), but I still want to see what they are demonstrating, etc., and not a still photo.

The photos on the website are truly awful. How are you expected to see any detail on a pitch black article.

I don't think it could be any worse if they tried.

May be a little off topic, but still highlighting the fact they do treat us like idiots, the presenters are still telling us QVC is second only to JLP. We do read, you know!

Similar to the white-on-white photos, why do they show us or dress the model in the dark version of the garment so you can hardly see the design and finer details ? You would think that the set-dressers would know how to present items to their best advantage ?

Latest posts

Back