Joany C and the Poppies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Nice to see that Joan C can still muster up 'perks' due to her 'celebrity' !!

While the rest of the population have to slum it by actually walking around the Tower to see the magnificent display of poppies, dear Joan was granted 'special dispensation' to stand amongst them, resplendent in a red coat, another stylish wig and Jacki O sunglasses for a photograph !!! oh and at the same time let it be known that her eye serum had sold out on QVC !!!

NICE.

Yet another one I wouldn't cross the street to meet.

To be fair though, they'd probably give any sleb the opportunity to do it. I'd do it if I got the offer TBH.

From what I read, it had nothing to do with any Charity, more to do with Joan having 'special access' to have her picture taken with the poppies!

Don't mind me, I'm just grumpy and hacked off at constantly reading about these 'types' who have everything, and yet are always granted freebies, special access, roped off VIP areas, and go on reality shows or shopping channels to 'up' their profile !!!! wasn't it Liz Hurley who called the 'normal' population "civilians" ???? Ooooooo I get so wound up I could punch their lights out !! lol !

AND WHY cant Strictly Come Dancing have a series where us normal people can be on with an opportunity to learn dance, that'd be different - at least the BBC would save at least £25,000 per 'celebrity' - some of whom we know and most we don't !!

Rant over

Gossip unfortunately sells- the public even like to watch C class celebs on reality and read about personal lives of MP's!

Yes Elphaba that's the 'reality' of today sadly. And there's ANOTHER one taking up the afternoon scheduling - Len Goodman taking a loads of has-beens back to their childhood seaside haunts - whats that all about ? - wouldn't we all like to have freeby for a couple of days at the seaside !!! I suppose these people are on contract and the Beeb cant find anything to do with 'em so stick an ice cream cone in their hands and make a programme out of it. Dear Lord !

Has anyone tried any of Joan's cosmetics? I ordered both the Paparazzi Ready compacts today. Helene (red) pour moi and Marilyn (pink) for my mum. I think they're very glam and the colours look amazing! The Marilyn looks a little dark for my mum, and I am hoping that a light coat may be ok. Has anyone tried it? I can't wait to try the Helene. I love a red lip! My trouble is that I never reapply during the day though, so I start out vamp and end up tramp!!!!

Has anyone tried any of Joan's cosmetics? I ordered both the Paparazzi Ready compacts today. Helene (red) pour moi and Marilyn (pink) for my mum. I think they're very glam and the colours look amazing! The Marilyn looks a little dark for my mum, and I am hoping that a light coat may be ok. Has anyone tried it? I can't wait to try the Helene. I love a red lip! My trouble is that I never reapply during the day though, so I start out vamp and end up tramp!!!!

Oooh MK I ordered the Helene lippy too, as part of the compact with the face powder in. I love red lippy and the glam compact was too much to resist. Love vintage glam.
The reviews of the lippy are fantastic, can't wait to try it.

Oooh MK I ordered the Helene lippy too, as part of the compact with the face powder in. I love red lippy and the glam compact was too much to resist. Love vintage glam.
The reviews of the lippy are fantastic, can't wait to try it.

Oh cool!! Let me know what you think when you've tried it. I haven't read any reviews as I quickly ordered on the app. I'll have to take a look. Oh no, talking of vintage glamour...Lulu Guinness :-( argh!

I've found that if you put a lip balm on first, it tones down the shade of a too bright lipstick. It makes it look more like a gloss.

I feel on edge when Joanie is on I am waiting for her to B***h slap someone, she looks like she has a nasty smell under her nose.

I feel on edge when Joanie is on I am waiting for her to B***h slap someone, she looks like she has a nasty smell under her nose.

oh please lord if she is going to B***h slap someone let it be debbie flint and let me be watching LOL :mysmilie_50:

Hey MinkyKitten did you get your Helen lipstick today? Absolutely flippin love it, it's the perfect red for my cool pale skintone. Would certainly recommend her lipsticks. The compact is beautiful too, the powder maybe slightly too dark for me, but it blurs imperfections nicely if dabbed on nicely.

Very pleased, might have to add her bright pink lippy to my Xmas wishlist :mysmilie_59:

Good ol Joanie, I knew she wouldn't put her name to anything rubbish.

Last edited:
Hey MinkyKitten did you get your Helen lipstick today? Absolutely flippin love it, it's the perfect red for my cool pale skintone. Would certainly recommend her lipsticks. The compact is beautiful too, the powder maybe slightly too dark for me, but it blurs imperfections nicely if dabbed on nicely.

Very pleased, might have to add her bright pink lippy to my Xmas wishlist :mysmilie_59:

Good ol Joanie, I knew she wouldn't put her name to anything rubbish.

Hello!! Yes, it came, I was going to ask if you got yours too! It's gorgeous isn't it? I don't wear face powder but would make an effort to use this just to dab at my shiny nose, haha! First impressions on the lippie is that's it's amazing quality. I put it on earlier and haven't really had time to study it yet. I did initially think it was too bright for me, as I have a darker complexion and I think suit a deeper red, but I am going to try again tomorrow and see what I think. The Marilyn looks gorgeous too, but I can't test as it's for my mum!

Am very impressed though, and am going to try the perfume and foundation samples that came with it to. Would be happy to buy from her range again.

Years ago I was in a pub in Soho and got chatting to some advertising people ( at that time the area was the "hub" for ad production). They had worked on those Martini ads with JCP and Leonard Rossiter (RIP). They said how professional, patient and hardworking Joan was, contrasted with LR who was a PITA diva. Their view only of course.

Years ago I was in a pub in Soho and got chatting to some advertising people ( at that time the area was the "hub" for ad production). They had worked on those Martini ads with JCP and Leonard Rossiter (RIP). They said how professional, patient and hardworking Joan was, contrasted with LR who was a PITA diva. Their view only of course.

She does come across as hard working mind, especially reading her books. She once winked at me as she was doing a book signing. I was walking up the stairs at the time, and not even there for her book!!

I have reapplied the Helene today, with more suitable make up, and it's perfect!! I want to buy some other colours to go into my compact now. I hope they're all the same design!

I also, very carefully and cheekily, tried the Marilyn on the back of my hand. With a very light coat it's perfect, almost sheer, but I can see that with a proper coat or two it would be a deep pink.

Fab range!

Latest posts

Back