katherine jenkins miming ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to turn off when she comes on tv......just find something about her (admittedly very lovely) face SO annoying!!

No idea why.

Perhaps the acoustics in a small tv studio (as opposed to a recording studio) aren't suited to her style of operatic singing

I have to turn off when she comes on tv......just find something about her (admittedly very lovely) face SO annoying!!

No idea why.

Totally agree SallyMc. I don't know why, but I find that simpering happiness that she exudes incredibly annoying. Bet she's a right bitch IRL.

No idea why.

completely agree - I don't like her either - just switched on the TV and saw her lip syncing really badly

Perhaps the acoustics in a small tv studio (as opposed to a recording studio) aren't suited to her style of operatic singing

Then why bother getting her to pretend - sorry must have gotten out of the wrong side of bed this morning

I don't know why she gets such a bad press. She comes from the next town to where I grew up and she is a typical Neath girl. She's very sweet and quite, how do I put this politely, a bit dim?! Not in an uneducated way, but you know what I mean! I wouldn't say she's diva like at all. I think she has a wonderful voice, is very attractive and has a gorgeous new husband. She's done very well for herself, good on her.

I heard some terrible gossip about her split from Gethin Jones. True or not, it's coloured how I see her now - I'm not a fan.

I think she comes across s quite nice to be honest.
Sorry. I'll get my coat......

I'll probably have to join you then! I very much like her. I think she seems nice and happy and a positive person with a sweet enough nature. Some people, however, find something suspicious or discomforting about apparently eternally happy and nice people!
Primarily, and most importantly in this context, she's a very talented singer. And I doubt very much that she was miming to hide any lack of singing ability! Most likely she may have a rough throat at present, or that there were acoustic problems.

I think I can put my finger on what it is that makes people not warm to Catherine, despite her apparently nice personality. She comes across to me as quite a cold person, like she has put a massive barrier up so you don't see the "real" person underneath. I don't mean that this is necessarily fair, but I get the same vibe myself too even though I do have a few good friends, I don't think I am easy to warm to either, and I know I am a very suspicious person who does not open up or trust easily, so perhaps Catherine is the same?

Wow I've heard the diva stories too ..from a reliable source too ....her voice sounds to me ....like she is singing through her nose and her voice does not move me....I've tried so much to like her but ....he's her cold demeaned doesn't help either ...I've never met her but I've heard stuff ....yes she is very pretty amazing figure ..etc etc .....maybe I should not compare her to Barabara Streisand for the singing lolol or bet Midler ...lol ....I love them ...not sure if divas too ....maybe they are ..Heard that about Streisand but well ...her voice is amazing ..so ...if you can't really sing that well and your a diva ..not good lol ...my opinion of course and all this is alleged ..

You shouldn't believe everything you read in the press. After all, they were the same people that hailed Jimmy Saville as a national hero for so many years (just one example).....press=manipulation of the (gullible) masses :mysmilie_59:

I know what you mean about her 'aloofness'. Some people are just like this, I know many people like this. It doesn't mean they are horrid, they just take a little more getting to know than some.

I like KJ and her voice, she seems such a nice person. It wouldn't do if we all liked/disliked the same people...we wouldn't have much to chat about...

I like her too and she is a very nice person. We paid for front row tickets as a present to a very special aunt and uncle not only to see her show but to meet her afterwards and have photos taken with her. They were both trying to be polite and not crowd her and she put her arms around them and drew them to her for the photos. She also kept asking them did they want more photos, one at a time with her, both together, did they want anything autographed etc. She told them not to be shy and just to speak up. They were concerned that they were holding up the other people from seeing her but she assured them that they would all get time with her. My hubby had put a comment on the booking form about his uncle being on a diet in the lead up to seeing her and she said to him 'How's the diet going Jim?' He was thrilled that she brought it up. They had a very memorable evening.
The concert wasn't long after her and Gethin split up and during the show she did become emotional when she was singing a song.

Latest posts

Back