Lenny Is 'Pursuing Other Opportunities'???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Elliementary

Registered Shopper
Julia has just responded to a tweet, enquiring where Lenny had gone, and if he was ok. Julia said that she is always truthful with us, but that's easy when being so vague! So, we've seen the last of Lenny, then. Shame, as he was good for a laugh.

Think you are right.

I have watched a couple of shows and they have not referred to him at all as being the designer.Usually they are very gushing about the designers even if not present,but not a peep about Lenny.

I think this was mentioned in a thread a while ago.

"Tired and emotional" springs to mind or some financial situation where the name has been bought over.

Julia has just responded to a tweet, enquiring where Lenny had gone, and if he was ok. Julia said that she is always truthful with us, but that's easy when being so vague! So, we've seen the last of Lenny, then. Shame, as he was good for a laugh.

So what was her response? I would like to know the real reason. Does anyone frequent the US forum? Wonder if he still presents over there?

'Pursuing other opportunities' were her exact words. (Shame I didn't spell it correctly in the thread title! I'll put it down to being 'tired & emotional' about losing Lenny.) She then went on to say, that he would not be returning to the UK. Maybe there were too many complaints from the models, about him grabbing them all the time? He was certainly unpredictable.

I hadn't heard that he'd been having financial problems; seems strange, when he kept telling us his was the number one fashion range on QVC Italy. But it does make sense, considering Deborah is Canadian, and not part of Lenny's team in New York. In the early days, there were some comments made, about her having been with the brand for a number of years, but that's not even mentioned anymore. She seems nice enough, but she's no Lenny!

Something smells fishy to me. A guy who has been in fashion all of his life, just suddenly stops ??? no website, nothing. Ok he may have been bought out, but someone like Lenny wouldn't bow out without a huge fanfare, - I'm guessing serious illness.

I am thinking his very odd behaviour shortly prior to his departure from our screens was probably down to the effects of stress. If his business was in difficulty and needed to be bought out, then the strain of that would be likely to affect his behaviour (and it really did). I could never stand to watch Lenny..just my personal view but I hope he is in good health physically. Mentally may be something else. I may not have liked watching him but I do wish him well. I really like the new lady, actually bought a couple of items to try from the range for the first time ever. Never watched more than a minute of a show when Lenny was on. I watched the whole thing with the new lady and really enjoyed the show.

'Pursuing other opportunities' were her exact words. (Shame I didn't spell it correctly in the thread title! I'll put it down to being 'tired & emotional' about losing Lenny.) She then went on to say, that he would not be returning to the UK. Maybe there were too many complaints from the models, about him grabbing them all the time? He was certainly unpredictable.

I hadn't heard that he'd been having financial problems; seems strange, when he kept telling us his was the number one fashion range on QVC Italy. But it does make sense, considering Deborah is Canadian, and not part of Lenny's team in New York. In the early days, there were some comments made, about her having been with the brand for a number of years, but that's not even mentioned anymore. She seems nice enough, but she's no Lenny!

Sorry!! For some reason the title didn't register with me. It makes sense now!

i think it was the uproar when lenny made a faux pas regarding a disaster that was in the news. i dont think he meant any harm thats just lenny...but there was a lot of people on here that were upset. he left very shortly aftter

I sometimes wonder if that kind of tweet is genuine, or if they are just a handy segue for the presenter. I'm not on twitter, so I don't know anything about traceability. And yes, Julia just responded on air to a tweet she 'received'. It was quickly dealt with, and moved on from, though I think she did say that Lenny was 'ok'. But it really seemed odd, that he would miss the 9th Anniversary shows. He used to mention a female colleague, who traveled with him, but I can't for the life of me remember her name.

Latest posts

Back