Lulu / Emma Hardie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know the current position of these two brands? I loved Lulu's hairspray products, but they disappeared without warning and no amount of asking QVC or TimeBomb Co has produced any response. Same goes for Emma Hardie - loved her stuff but it seems to have vanished. I notice that both names are still on QVC's master list of beauty brands, so, presumably, they are still out there. Why aren't QVC airing and promoting them more? Especially Lulu - it seemed they couldn't get far enough up her backside at one point!!

Prescriptives still appears on the QVC Beauty A-Z but the brand has gone. Well online US only.

The TimeBomb range no longer has the Lulu in front of it, only used by QVC it seems. The range is owned and created by John Frieda, so I would suggest looking at his hairsprays in Boots.

Prescriptives still appears on the QVC Beauty A-Z but the brand has gone. Well online US only.

I used to get Prescriptives in JLP but they stopped all retail in the UK some years ago. I remember discussing that at the JLP counter with the rep. I wonder why they did that.... I still have one of their lipglosses on the go, almost at the end now but it has lasted for years and is still as good as it ever was.

I used to get Prescriptives in JLP but they stopped all retail in the UK some years ago. I remember discussing that at the JLP counter with the rep. I wonder why they did that.... I still have one of their lipglosses on the go, almost at the end now but it has lasted for years and is still as good as it ever was.

It was up on the web before the staff were told!!!! Estee Lauder for the first time in their history appointed a non family member as CEO. Prescriptives was a EL created brand and rather niche compared to EL and Clinique, so not in Boots only selected department stores. The new CEO put out a statement that some EL owned brands were not performing as well as expected and he would be giving them 18 months to pull it up. Rumour has it Aveda was one of the brands. Six months later the staff in the UK went training Thursday and Friday in central London. On the Thursday it hit the beauty forums that EL were closing Prescriptives down by January(this was the November), staff still knew nothing. Friday morning they where all sitting in the hotel conference room waiting for that day's training to start. The area managers came in and announced the brand would be closing all counters UK and US by January.

I was told this by a manager from my local House of Fraser counter on the Saturday morning. So no 18 months for them, and disgraceful the way the staff treated.

There was a lot of anger from people who loved the brand(I did), so they started selling online from the US site only. The best part was the manager told me they had been shown new launches for the brand as far ahead as the next spring. Which was already completed and sitting in warehouses waiting to hit counters in late January.

Prescriptives is selling in the US again (not sure who owns it but the products all look the same) - My neiece lives in Arizona and I spotted her using a Px mascara and asked her how old it was and she pointed me to the website Prescriptives.com and there they were. It says "established in 1979 refreshsed in 2011" on the home page.

If QVC UK had any bollox they'd sign 'em up to be the sole UK supplier before people forget the brand completely.

I've just finished a jar of Prescriptives moisturiser,Vitamin C,I think & it was really lovely.

Still have some of their lip glosses & eyeshadow compacts to use but had a sniff recently & they smelled fine.

I would suggest looking at his hairsprays in Boots.
I did just this Donna, got two different hairsprays in Boots of his, they are not a patch on Lulu's, in fact different altogether. Although I like Lulu's spray it was expensive for what it was.

Moth, I got an email from EH website with Xmas offers today, but the current prices are not competitive I'm afraid
http://www.emmahardie.com/section.php/2/va/products

Was the Prescriptives guest a South African called Gary ? Odd bloke but he appeared to know his stuff, back in the days when guests could get more than one sentence out before the presenter leapt in with an important announcement.

Yes, that was him very shiny bald head.

I remember someone on ST met him at a Prescriptives event on counter and said he was lovely. Also said QVC UK would never get a TSV, yes we did but they never told customers the brand was being withdrawn.

I still have a number of their palettes which they brought out at Christmas Cool and Warm, love them. Also they did the most gorgeous palette for Breast Cancer the year the closed. It was four full size eyeshadows, two blushers all for £25. I am still actually finishing off the makeup primer, not gone off, also still have a number of their lipsticks.

Latest posts

Back