QVC surveys

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
Has anybody else received an online survey from Q ? I had one today asking for opinions and suggestion for jewellery month in 2015 and also asking would I have objections to Q selling shoes made from deerskin ? The prize was 2 tickets to the beauty bash which I wouldn`t want but I did return the survey.

I was emailed a survey years ago which was before they started their morning show. I had to listen to various pieces of music and say what they made me think of and which I thought was best for a breakfast type show! I completed it, never got chance to win a prize though from what I can remember.

I got the survey about shoes, but it did say beauty,fashion and jewellery. But I did get the shoe one, and I said no to the deer leather(I do not wear Bambi's mother, thank you very much) and what brands would I like to see?

I was expecting it to be about beauty and a bit disappointed when it wasn't.

I've never been asked to complete a survey for them. I feel all neglected now. :wink:

Yes, I have the survey about jewellery in my inbox to complete when I get chance.

I shall be emailing them,forthwith, with my extreme aversion and horror, at even considering selling deerskin. They don't listen to complaints about the butcher, though, so it will probably be in vain. Why would they even contemplate it, is beyond me. Would they deem it as unethical, to vend wallets made from dog, or bags from the tabby cat? The Q will force shoppers into making a decision, between their moral beliefs, and the facility of shopping from them. Me included. (I have, against my better judgement, thus far resisted. This could change.)

I shall be emailing them,forthwith, with my extreme aversion and horror, at even considering selling deerskin. They don't listen to complaints about the butcher, though, so it will probably be in vain. Why would they even contemplate it, is beyond me. Would they deem it as unethical, to vend wallets made from dog, or bags from the tabby cat? The Q will force shoppers into making a decision, between their moral beliefs, and the facility of shopping from them. Me included. (I have, against my better judgement, thus far resisted. This could change.)

They`re obviously testing the water before selling deerskin shoes and I daresay 99.9% of people like me and Donna would answer the survey with a huge NO ! I can`t recall the brand , I think it was something like Vionic, began with a V anyway.

They`re obviously testing the water before selling deerskin shoes and I daresay 99.9% of people like me and Donna would answer the survey with a huge NO ! I can`t recall the brand , I think it was something like Vionic, began with a V anyway.

According to the survey (which I've decided to take now), the brand is called 'Vitaform'.

QVC US already sell deerskin shoes so they must be contemplating bringing them here. The US site calls them the Minnisota and they`re made in the Dominican Rep.

Don’t really understand why they are doing a survey

1. They already sell leather shoes and bags and sheepskin boots - is it just the Bambi syndrome which stops someone buying deerskin as opposed to other animals.

2. Why should they suddenly be interested in what we may or may not think now as it has never had an effect in the past? If what we think mattered then Q would be a whole different organisation.

Is it just these shoes that have a tenuous ethical slant to them? What about the beauty brands testing or jewellery which may or may not be thought to be mined/produced using labour practices which may be frowned upon in UK?

Smacks of an idea someone has had to justify their job or the results of which will be trotted out in much the same way as “2nd to JL”.

QVC US already sell deerskin shoes so they must be contemplating bringing them here. The US site calls them the Minnisota and they`re made in the Dominican Rep.

I can understand why they are called the Minnisota as that and a lot of other states still love hunting sadly.

I was just thinking the same LATI, they could have just said the shoes were "Leather" and that would have covered the composition, although if it was later leaked to be Bambi's Mum maybe they'd suffer a backlash. In the US maybe being deer-leather is seen as a selling point? If it's a by-product of Venison farming is it any worse than cow-hide? I'll admit I'm a bit of a hypocrite regarding leather shoes and bags but wouldn't be tempted to wear deerskin! When I was little my mum had a pair of pigskin shoes but I've never heard of pigskin in recent years. Maybe it's all just called leather these days?

It's up to the individual to decide, I wouldn't criticise anyone who chooses to buy deerskin, per se, but I don't have any info about it. If QVC are asking for feedback they must suspect that people will react against them selling it.

I know people have strong views on animal skins being made into leather goods but I own quite a few handbags,shoes,coats etc.. I was brought up in more austere times and animals were killed for food first and foremost with the skins being used as a by product. I don't believe in any kind of cruelty to animals but it comes down to personal choice.

Latest posts

Back