voice annoyance alert

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi and welcome SL...maybe it's all the neck products she's applied over the years tightening and constricting her airway? Ofcourse this effect isn't tight enough to cut off her voice completely. :mysmilie_50:

Hello and welcome Shropshire lass. Funnily enough it is not AY who bugs me but Catherine Quavery Huntley, and Marverine booming away. Oh and Anne Dawson shouting her head off. Oh and..... I am sure there must be more!

Good to join the forum. Perhaps it's like using a mobile phone for presenters, they need to shout as they think we won't hear all the claptrap they come out with. I sometimes miss the essence of the product they're harping on about because am amazed at their style, or lack of it. Oh and recently that food show with dale and guest presenter was a farce. I'm sure they think they are budding comedians or circus acts!

Oooooooo careful everyone, we could get castigated for being "personal, ignorant and nasty" !! (hmmmm...... just wondering if that would also apply for me not liking the Beckhams, the Madeleys and old Vorderman)

We're all entitled to our opinions, even the ones that are in direct opposition to our own. That's what makes a forum - people not afraid to speak their mind. I often feel like posting that some of the posts about presenters are too harsh, but feel I would be vilified. Silly really, we should say what we want, not just what the majority want to hear. I can see why lots of people read but don't post.

I doubt whether the people slated mind terribly much. Besides, they're probably all on huge salaries to match their huge egos!

Not just that, but I've noticed that if there are loads of posts slating a particular presenter or product and one person actually has the guts to speak up in their favour, others join in. But I agree, it can be intimidating if the posts are really strongly worded. And even if you're on your own, you're as much entitled to your opinion as the next person. I love hearing other points of view, good or bad, and I think it's what makes this such a great forum.

Edit: Just saw a bit of the Morning Show and CH was presenting Bare Minerals. She sounded SO much better - a much more natural, modulated voice than I've heard in the past.

Last edited:
Alison Young - nails down a blackboard.
Anne Dawson - banshee
Catherine Huntley - treacle
Kathy Tayler - oh **** I forgot my purse
Marverine Cole - HELLOOOOO
Charlie Brook - slime
Dale Franklin - jolly old uncle walter
Debbie Flint - two for a paaaand
Claire Sutton - oohhh ask my mummy
Chloe can't remember her name - Get in line girls NOW.

Ahh I feel so much better now. Hee he he he he

I agree MK that sometimes things said are a bit harsh. That said I read them ,sometimes they make me laugh, but I choose not to join in. Although some of the presenters are irritating to me .

People can say what they want in open forums and if it goes too far the posts will be deleted or locked and that doesn't happen very often.

Latest posts

Back