Charlie Bears

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Just turned over to QVC and the bears are on. I thought the couple must have split up because he started presenting alone, but Mrs Bear is on today so they must be together still - they make a nice couple.

He presented alone for about a year as Charlie had cancer. Yesterday she wasn't on as she was bit under the weather.

I like Charlie, but the duo act of Will and Craig made me want to v......t. Here were a pair of blokes (?) - ok I know they're salesmen, but Lord above, the way they were cooing and aaaaahing over a piece of stuffed fabric made me turn the volume down ! In real life Will may well be a hardnosed business man, but any bloke who started dribbling about a teddy in front of me would be sent on his way !

And Craig with his weird animals noises - well he just wants locking up, so cringeworthy and embarrassing.

I like Charlie, but the duo act of Will and Craig made me want to v......t. Here were a pair of blokes (?) - ok I know they're salesmen, but Lord above, the way they were cooing and aaaaahing over a piece of stuffed fabric made me turn the volume down ! In real life Will may well be a hardnosed business man, but any bloke who started dribbling about a teddy in front of me would be sent on his way !

And Craig with his weird animals noises - well he just wants locking up, so cringeworthy and embarrassing.

I agree Brissles ....it is vomit inducing ....yes they love their products but it's money in their bank and that's that quite frankly ..l.however I am so pleased to see Charlie on the mend ..and Craig lol ...well yes ....I'd have a work with myself :mysmilie_17:

Thank you. What a terrible shame. That might explain the very short pixie hair style then.

I never do enjoy Craig's presenting style although he's probably a lot of fun "down the pub". Perhaps our views on Will's style is influenced by his size - seems odd to see a chunky middle aged man being so excited about teddy bears.

It should be possible for anyone to sell the Bears by explaining the making process, quality of materials, how the particular design originated etc without resorting to childish antics. Surely anyone wanting to buy wouldn't be influenced by daft voices and puppet manoeuvres....... Or would they :mysmilie_11:

While I agree it is cringe making watching grown men "playing" with their teddies they are nowhere as bad as the lady presenter (I am wracking my brain trying to remember her name) who used to present those "collectable" dolls who gave them all voices and had full conversations with them as though they were children . It used to give me the creeps and nightmares.

They (bears & presenters) are not my cup of tea, but I did get a glimpse of Mrs Charlie now she is back & looking much better & the short hair really suits her.

It should be possible for anyone to sell the Bears by explaining the making process, quality of materials, how the particular design originated etc without resorting to childish antics. Surely anyone wanting to buy wouldn't be influenced by daft voices and puppet manoeuvres....... Or would they :mysmilie_11:

I really think, LATI, it depends why you collect - if you are an archtephile - and what category of collector you fall into. For example, I collect quality limited edition and OOAK bears, and not merely because they look loveable and 'cute'. To be fair, Charlie bears do fall into the latter; the quality, imo, is absent; the majority are pluah, and not limited. If you do want mohair, you pay a huge premium. Steiff only make high end mohair bears so, to get a mohair bear, is the usual price. Essentially, if you collect because you get pleasure from giving your bears a hug - nothing wrong with that - then all the cooing and gushing, childlike spiel, will resonate with you, and you will probably WANT to believe all the tosh Will and Charlie spout.

Latest posts

Back