Hermes Fire So Delays In Deliveries

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Yes, seems there has been a fire at their Warrington depot so parcels are taking up to an extra 5 days for delivery.

Not sure how this will be effecting QVC delivers via Hermes from this depot?

Someone on QVC Facebook page put up the link, some are saying their tracking is showing nothing happening since last Saturday.

I had a parcel yesterday sent via Hermes and it arrived on time, so must be depending on which area of the UK you are in.

I just had an email from them which really confused me as I'm not expecting anything! Must have sent a generic one to all those registered with them.

Your myHermes Parcel Delivery
Yesterday evening we experienced a small fire on one of our central distribution hub machines, no parcels were damaged, however it has affected our operations and therefore we are sorry to inform you there will be a delay in the delivery of your parcel(s). At this time, we expect the delay to your parcel(s) be no more than an additional 2 working days, and we are working hard to minimise this.

Tracking Your Parcel
You are still able to track your parcel and this will be the easiest way for you to discover when your parcel has been delivered. Our customer service department will not be able to provide you with any extra information and our online tracking service will be the most reliable way for you to track your parcel(s).

Sending Parcels this Week
If you still wish to send parcels with myHermes this week, please bear in mind that any parcel(s) you send will be affected by this delay.

Normal Service
We will be in touch to let you know as soon as our normal service has been resumed.

For the full statement on the current situation please visit http://www.myhermes.co.uk/news/latest-news/service-message

Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

That's curious because Hermes wouldn't automatically have your email address (this may differ for other retailers). But if you're registered with them as a "sender" would they still assume you also receive parcels via that depot? QVC sends the despatch emails which include the Hermes Tracking Link. I also had the same with an order from The Book People but I'd be curious to know which online retailers pass on email addresses to Hermes. That said there are other couriers that email tracking info (can't remember which atm) and I think its Fedex that require a phone number for the recipient of parcels they deliver.

Mr Akimbo is insanely paranoid about his electronic footprint, apart fro Amazon he rarely orders online and his suspicions regarding data protection are starting to rub off on to me! (I'm way beyond this point as my massive temporary internet files reveal when I use my cache cleaner!)

That's curious because Hermes wouldn't automatically have your email address (this may differ for other retailers). But if you're registered with them as a "sender" would they still assume you also receive parcels via that depot? QVC sends the despatch emails which include the Hermes Tracking Link. I also had the same with an order from The Book People but I'd be curious to know which online retailers pass on email addresses to Hermes. That said there are other couriers that email tracking info (can't remember which atm) and I think its Fedex that require a phone number for the recipient of parcels they deliver.

Mr Akimbo is insanely paranoid about his electronic footprint, apart fro Amazon he rarely orders online and his suspicions regarding data protection are starting to rub off on to me! (I'm way beyond this point as my massive temporary internet files reveal when I use my cache cleaner!)

Yes, it confused me too. Although, thinking about it, I have recently received emails from them when my La Redoute parcels have been successfully delivered, so it must be them. I use a different address for my Q account. I use this one to send through H and for LR. Hmm..

I got an email from Hermes yesterday telling me my parcel was out for delivery.

I bought from beautybay and the last time I ordered from them got the same email on the day parcel was delivered.

Ideal world sent an email out to this effect. They also offered £5 voucher on anything as a way if saying sorry if your items have been delayed.

I'm still waiting for my Tom Tom to be delivered actually, seems to be taking longer than usual.

Maybe this is why my shoes from Q are coming via Royal Mail with no tracking...lets hope they arrive

My Tom Tom pitched up yesterday. My items from IW are out for delivery today. Those have taken longer but they did email to explain.

My Leighton Denny has been showing just "order generated" on the Hermes tracking for three days now though according to my account on Q it was despatched on the 2nd. I live not a million miles from Liverpool, in the north west though admittedly pretty remote in the hills, so might come under the Warrington depot.

I've just had a phone call from Q telling me my order will be delayed because of the firemat Hermes depot.

My LD tsv has not arrived yet and hermes are usually very quick round my way so mine must be delayed as well, I shall just have to be patient ��

My Leighton Denny has been showing just "order generated" on the Hermes tracking for three days now though according to my account on Q it was despatched on the 2nd. I live not a million miles from Liverpool, in the north west though admittedly pretty remote in the hills, so might come under the Warrington depot.

Mine is saying exactly the same since the 2nd, I'm in the South East :/

Latest posts

Back