Is it a Rembrandt, a Van Gogh NO its a Lulu G bag!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I know lots of you ladies love your Lulu G bags & get a great deal of pleasure using them but I have Marvarine on @ the moment & the way they are drooling over these items you would think they are important precious pieces!They also talk about Lulu as though she is some revered being --- 'Lulu loves her black & white stripes' how novel are we interested?! I have been drawn into the hype in the past & ordered but have returned each time simply because to me they do not justify the price.

I do hate the way they all treat her. It's cringe worthy! As I am walking away from the brand, I can see that the novelty/lips designs are rather silly. Mind you, I have never been into the novelty ones and have minimal lips! They strike me as being something that the Japanese culture would enjoy. Kooky. Do you know what I mean? I will say though, that the quality is superb. On most things anyway, less so on the made for Q tsv's. The small Eva for example is shocking, very plasticy. I have a small black nappa leather Nicola (from LG direct) which is amazing. Even though it's a different design and a different leather to a Mulberry, I'd say it compares favourably. She should stick to the classy, elegant designs. The Daphne for example, which I ordered with a discount code from LG and returned (grr), is up there with the better bags. I will say, the patent Amelia's and some of the Jenny's she does for Q are ok...but generally the designs/standards are slightly poorer for the poor Q customer :-(

I have seen the LG's in House of Fraser, and they don't make me want to buy at all. I dislike the designs and they look and feel big and clunky.

But that is me, if others enjoy and want to buy that is their right. The Mulberry's the leather is fabulous and very timeless classic designs, again seen them in real life. But again no interest in owning one.

I hate this "specially for QVC customers" that seems prevalent with a lot of the QVC vendors - with products like Yankee candles the difference is negligible, but I certainly don't want inferior products from other branded items like Kipling or LG. If LG bags in her shops have the black and beige striped lining, then I damned well want it in the LG bag I buy from QVC, not the plain black lining as some of her bags have.

Unless there is massive profit made by QVC on commissioned designs only for their channel, I cannot see why they do this.

'QVC exclusives' don't cut it with me, either. I regard it as more of a negative, than a reason to buy, and feel privileged.

I agree with Brissles when they say 'especially for QVC' it is a put off for me.If I was going to invest in a LG bag I would want one from the main ranges.If they cut costs for Q there is not so much difference in price anyway.

Love Lulu's bags - but not all of them. I don't like the big ones and I have never paid full price. She does massive sales and you get things 70% off. I got a lovely leather Jamie bag for £60 when it had been about £180. I know that's still a lot for a bag but it is quality. Q never have the bags that cheap even in the sale so I go direct. I don't buy many branded goods but I do like LG bags. Each to their own :eek:)

CC

I also find the Lulu this and Lulu that annoying.

It was the same with Kathy van Zealand when Lottie (who went to IW) spoke of her. Kathy this Kathy that in every sentence as if they were some sort of deity.

This doesn't reflect on the product just the presentations.

Agree made for Q is a real put off.

Latest posts

Back