QVC purchases found in the back of the wardrobe!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Posy

Registered Shopper
I've easily resisted the L'Occitane TSV today because I found some lavender and Shea goodies in the back of the wardrobe which I have no memory buying. Just like Christmas Morning!

Sweet! I'm a cup half full kind of person so I love finding stuff I've squirreled away. If I can't remember buying then I can't remember paying for it either!

Sweet! I'm a cup half full kind of person so I love finding stuff I've squirreled away. If I can't remember buying then I can't remember paying for it either!

Perhaps your bank statement would be kind enough to remind you ! ��

A few years ago there was the weirdest (and priciest, and you thought Yim Kong was expensive !) fashion collection called Dolce Cabo - with a REALLY weird American lady guest presenter.

I succumbed and bought the strangest concoction of a combined knitted waistcoat with satin sleeves and frilly collar, in a beautiful shade of ahem, light plum - hilarious ! it was relegated to the "not prepared to send to charity in case I wear it again" box in the garage. Here I am, 8-9 years later, the said garment has been retrieved, washed and ironed and is now back in the wardrobe. Being retired I have the 'guts' to wear it without the sniggers from work colleagues, and it truly is a 'piece' for eccentrics !!!! I look like a clown - whey hey !

Are you sure it is plum and not purple? The beginning of this poem springs to mind by Jenny Joseph
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

I am sure you have heard me mention the Soap Man, he comes every year from France to our Christmas market. The soaps are like the L'Occitane bath size but much cheaper.

He puts them in little brown paper bags which I put in the bottom of one of my dressing tables. I decided to have a rummage the other day and was shocked to find I have squirreled away:

6 Asses Milk

2 Goats Milk

2 Lavender

1 Sandalwood

1 Oakmilk

1 Aloe Vera

2 Shea Butter

The goats milk, Oak milk and Aloe Vera bought this past week.

I am now officially a soap hoarder.:mysmilie_13:

We are finally getting around to redecorating one of the bedrooms that hasn't really been touched (other than a lick of paint) since we moved here in 1997 - all other rooms have been done at least once. Emptied a built-in cupboard which was being ripped out and found, in a box, still with delivery slip attached, the orange/grapefruit squeezer thing - I seem to remember it was presented by a likeable but slightly quirky German man???

Date - 2003 :blush:

I daren`t look in the back of my wardrobe. Alongside far too many shower gels/soaps/perfumes/cream/lotions and potions, I`m pretty sure I`d also fins Shergar and Lord Lucan because it`s that long since the back of my wardrobe has been visible. I just keep squashing more in the front !

Bars of soap should always be kept for at least 3 months to ha4den them up before using them. I deliberately stock pile them for this reason. It means that they last longer when you use them as long as you don't leave them in water. I have soap dishes that have holes in so that the soap is kept dry.

Good to know ILS, because I've just taken delivery of 28 bars of my Tea Tree soap from Holland & Barrett.
Well, it was on a BOGOF offer, so I got the lot for £40.00.
I use on average 1 bar per fortnight, so by my reckoning, I'm sorted till this time next year!!

I am seriously jealous of Donna's soap man!!!!!!

On the other hand I do have a bag crammed full of L'Occy and Crabtree &Evelyn soaps plus some rather nicely wrapped Italian ones which I must use before buying more. When I go to the January sales these days I have to write do not buy soap on my list.
:mysmilie_14:

Not soaps but my cupboard is crammed with face creams! I know I won't be able to resist the Judith Williams TSV tomorrow.I think I have a problem!!

Not soaps but my cupboard is crammed with face creams! I know I won't be able to resist the Judith Williams TSV tomorrow.I think I have a problem!!

Oh god Baloo your post just made me laugh out loud! I am exactly the same with face creams stuffed under my dressing table and in boxes around my bedroom........I too have a problem lol! Not just face creams either. I seem to be buying loads of make up lately.....qvc isn't helping my addiction haha. Oh dear, you shouldn't have mentioned Judith Williams as I've never heard of her? Off I go to google lol :mysmilie_15:

Hi honey72. Judith Williams sells on QVC and her stuff is really good and very reasonably priced.

I don`t have a big hoard but to say I didn`t wear makeup apart from mascara or use any skin care apart from Nivea until I`d turned 50 I think I`m making up for lost time !!

Latest posts

Back