Forum idea - views welcome

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marty82

Registered Shopper
Hey all,

Long time lurker but keen follower of the forum. Have had many a giggle at the critiques of products and presenters.

Anyway, I had a wee idea which I wanted to put forward to the forum. Many members like certain products which are sold on QVC but also elsewhere. Yes, QVC occasionally offers good value and the odd deal but often these items can be found more affordably, on offer or at clearance prices elsewhere. Would it therefore be a good idea if people could start posting those on here so that other fans of the particular brand could take advantage too? There could be a specific format for the thread for each brand so that they don't get lost in general QVC chat. For example: Yankee Candle - Non QVC offers, L'Occitane - Non QVC offers

So, what does everyone think? Everyone moans at QVC's alleged good value and exorbitant P&P charges so how about we fight back and post deals to the community here which can save money. This idea came to me lately after seeing many good Yankee Candle deals elsewhere in the run up to Christmas.

As I said, I'm new so be gentle, and apologies if this is a bad idea or if I have overstepped the mark as a new poster.

Martin xx

Last edited:
Hi Martin and welcome. That thread has been there a long time but TBH I often forget to check it out as well. Also some of our sleuths will post about cheaper offers elsewhere in a current thread, so if there is say a TSV coming up they may tell you if the same thing is better elsewhere at the moment.

This is such a good forum, it has saved me hours!!! No need to stay up late to grab a TSV, only to find it is not what you want any way, lol.

I must admit I never think to check the Reasons not to shop... section. It seems so hidden away!

Welcome Marty82 ....this is the nicest forum I am on .....I love it here ....people have their moments ...don't we all lol....but It lovley ;0)):mysmilie_59:....don't be shy ....I love reading every bodies posts ...I am sure the lovley formers here feel the same ....group hug :mysmilie_48:

Hi Marty82

This is a great forum.Theres many posts about good deals other than on the shopping channels ,usually in the TSV posts or Reasons Not to shop at Q.Theres a lot of good info and I try to read all posts so I don't miss too much.

With specific threads ,it's a good idea but would need people to go into the main list and search for them from time to time.Depends how much time people have.

Welcome from me too.

Members are very good at giving the heads up on good deals.

What I really like is getting honest opinions on products from people who actually use them and have paid hard earned cash on them rather than sales people.

I find it really helps me make a decision.

Plus of course we love the humour, gossip and even the bitching (cos it would be dull without it Lol)

Latest posts

Back