Judith Williams Magic Make-Up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pickles1973

Registered Shopper
Just curious to know if anyone has tried this? I ordered the set yesterday with the concealer, blusher & mascara. The foundation looks quite good.

Looking forward to receiving it:mysmilie_480:

I bought the Magic makeup foundation and initially loved it. The colour looks scarily dark when it first comes out of the tube but blended in really well. Sadly after a few uses I found it was making my eyes water which is a problem I have with many foundations so I returned to using my mineral powder foundation again. A pity because the JW stuff looked good on my skin.

Oh thats a shame for you. I don't usually react to foundations so fingers crossed, it will be ok. Good to know it looked good on you:) x

The JW magic make up is almost identical to the M.Asam Magic Finish with one difference, the scent. The JW one smells like the rest of her Diamond range, nice enough fragrance but I prefer the M.Asam one because it has less smell to it. On the plus side JW comes in a tube, so more hygienic than the Magic Finish which comes in a tub. But I got a 70ml tub of the M.Asam one from Ideal World for less than the 30ml JW tube.

M.Asam is coming to qvc uk in the New Year, it'll be interesting to see if their prices go up.

The texture is a lot like a primer so if you need more coverage mineral powders apply well over the top of it (not tried with other cream foundations though. Talking of both brands, is it a German trait that both brands seem to bring out massive super-sizes of their face creams, like 200ml of a moisturiser. I'd get bored using one product for that long!

Hmm I've never heard of M.Asam. Will have to check it out. I purchased the Tsv yesterday with the 200ml moisturiser in it. Never tried it before. It arrived today & I must say I quite like the smell & texture. I know what you mean, I get bored quickly too but as I like the smell will use it as a body lotion on the dryer areas. Going to check out this other brand now x

I use the JW magic makeup sometimes but my favourite is Laura Geller balance and Brighten powder foundation. I think the problem with the JW is that it is a liquid and I am just not keen on putting much stuff on my face. Occasionally I put on the JW first and the LG over the top.

I have a friend who won't use anything else.
She loves it, and her skin looks stunning.

But unfortunately it is too dark for my skin.
(Bare minerals golden-fair, Laura geller between porcelain and fair)
The JD magic stuff makes my face look dirty

So my make up arrived today & couldn't wait to try it out. I must I am very impressed so far. The foundation seems to suit my skin very well. I am usually light or fair in other ranges from Q and take Bare Linen in the new Bare Minerals foundation. It really does make your skin feel like velvet & I didn't feel the need to add any face powder, which is a first. I really don't like to use powder foundations such as LG balance & brighten or the BM powder foundation, as I find the powder always sits in my fine lines & makes them more noticeable. The blusher is a lovely light dusky pink colour. You really need to use only the smallest amount. I also used it on my lips as a tint before adding my gloss. The concealer is the best I have tried. Blends in perfectly & great coverage. The mascara is good too. So all in all, very pleased as the 4 products together cost less than my usual Charlotte Tilbury foundation. Be interesting to see how the staying powers fairs, but so far very happy:mysmilie_499:

My 4 piece set has been shipped but not received yet. I like both the JW Magic makeup and the M.Asam magic finish, they are both similar and suit me. A bit frightening when I first took the lid off and saw how dark they were but blended in just fine.

Latest posts

Back