another little moan re pricing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
Just saw a presentation of an elemis collection priced at £44.16 with £5.95 postage. By elemis standards there's a lot in the kit for the money but... The grand total comes to just over £50 and a lot of us might draw the line at £50. So, if qvc can offer a £4 saving if you buy 2 kits why on earth can't they drop 12p off the price for 1 kit and bring the grand total to just under £50? They might lose a few multiple purchasers but they might gain a lot more single item buyers.

I think QVC might look at it the opposite way: the type of shopper they want to attract are those who look at a price and think to themselves "well it's only a little over my £50 budget" Those 11pences add up and they're the perfect QVC customer to cultivate, if they can be swayed to part with their money easily.

I'm sure you're both right and a few pence for us amounts to an awful lot of £££ for them but I'm glad of the chance to wave my little flag for a fairer deal!

That Elemis set was the xmas tsv and so was under £50 when they sold the first 100k sets. I must say I was like you with the buy more save more which made me more determined not to buy as I would have purchased one and therefore would feel I was paying more than some others. If I really had wanted to buy I would have but the BMSM offer made it a little easier for me to resist.

Latest posts

Back