sickening claire

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saffie

Registered Shopper
Just watching the lola rose show, for some unknown reason at this time of night, claire is on, I am sooo embarassed by this stupid stupid womens way of speaking that I have turned the sound down.

I wanted to watch the Philosophy hour but she made it unbearable with her fake gushing, squeeling fawning and coquettish looks to camera, whilst swishing her mop of hair.

Truly awful and unwatchable.

She is a wee bit light on it but I can take her a whole lot better than most of the other female presenters.

Plus points:
She is always well turned out - no daft eyebrows (SG) and whilst her hair may be a bit Barbie it is always clean and healthy looking (unlike AD)
the hard sell is kept at bay unlike Del Boy
No gurning (Marv)
Enthusiastic unlike Jackie
Wholesome without being falsely saccharin coy :)mysmilie_11:)

So all in all not the worst.

Just watching the lola rose show, for some unknown reason at this time of night, claire is on, I am sooo embarassed by this stupid stupid womens way of speaking that I have turned the sound down.

She can be a bit kids presenter like with her way of speaking but the way she speaks doesn't make her stupid.

I'm sure she's not a stupid woman- but her ridiculous presenting style, her contrived manner and her silly use of made up words does her no favours as a credible presenter in my humble opinion.

I really do like and admire Claire. I can understand, however, why some are rather perturbed, even irritated by her childlike verbosity. This is Claire, no affectations whatsoever. For me, Dawbags is like scratching one's nails down a blackboard. She is annoying, to me, and is certainly not a natural in front of the tv camera. Miceal is another no no for me. Although, I did enjoy his interview with Dolly Parton. Mind you, a smurf could have been the interviewer and I would still have watched it. Did I just mentioned Dickie?

She's not my number one pet hate, but I just wish she'd stop speaking to me like one of her children. And get her hair cut, styled and coloured instead of the goldilocks scenario which just doesn't suit her, lovely hair though it is per se. Which is obviously why she keeps it that way - I've got nice hair therefore (the logic is) I must have it on display. No, it doesn't suit you - get it cut/pin it back/put it up/colour it differently - just style it to flatter.

Ahh just twigged the Claire you are talking about now. Yes she is irritating, but I'm biased and since I heard she has a son with Downs Syndrome I try to tolerate her style the best I can as I believe only very special people have Downs children. Still have to turn her off sometimes though.LOL

she is definatly a yummy mummy but how long you can you can talk in baby talk with very adult children and ageing that comes to us all i do not know. still like her though and lovely lovely hair

I wanted to watch the Philosophy hour but she made it unbearable with her fake gushing, squeeling fawning and coquettish looks to camera, whilst swishing her mop of hair.

Truly awful and unwatchable.

She totally ruined the philosophy show for me. I come out on a cold sweat if she is on in the evening. I thought she was dreadful and her manner and things she says are totally inappropriate. I ended up switching her off and looked in,ine instead!

She never actually spoke like this when she first started presenting. Does anyone remember her back then??? Not sure but after she had her children I think she just took it to work and it never left. I can imagine when her children hitting teenage years and she will be told to stop it.

The big hair and the little girl talking to her sugar daddy voice, I just think Barbie. Its down right creepy.

Oh I dunno lol if I talk to Bronte my wiggly bum, waggy tailed black lab like Claire does. then Bronte`s thrilled to bits and the bum wiggles even harder and the tail wags even faster but if I spoke to hubby like that, he`d think I was either p*ssed or after something !
"Come here, give Mummy a big kissy poos and snuggy hug " is fine for the dog ...... the hubby gets " Gerroff I`m busy and don`t forget to take your boots off "

Well they can't please us all. Just not a fan of her presenting style at all. Does that sound bitchy? Not sure!

I'm not too keen on her presenting style, but I actually quite like her (if that makes sense)?

I actually think she had a pretty difficult time of it at times. IIRC her son has Downs Syndrome and I know that she has battled extreme depression in the past, so I think sometimes she acts like she does to compensate IYSWIM?

None of my friends or family know that I have/had quite severe depression because you'd never guess by the way I act. What I mean is that when I'm in a routine (Mon-Fri), I know I have to get up for work etc, so things run pretty smoothly, but once the weekend hits, things change. I struggle to function some days, so I'm dreading the Christmas break TBH, because it's difficult to put on an act non-stop for a fortnight.

Latest posts

Back