Links of London TSV 20/12/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't like it then and I like it even less now. I wonder why QVC thought it was popular enough to have as a TSV again .

The reviews at the time were bad but somehow suddenly there have been a batch posted very recently which are all 5 star so of course all of these appear first unless you change the setting (and who does?)

Now why do I think it is fortuitous that this has happened just prior to the new airing of the TSV.

I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them

I've had an email from them giving me the chance to order it early, they must know it's not going to sell very well
£49.96 on 2 easy pay

The reviews at the time were bad but somehow suddenly there have been a batch posted very recently which are all 5 star so of course all of these appear first unless you change the setting (and who does?)

Now why do I think it is fortuitous that this has happened just prior to the new airing of the TSV.

I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them

There was me thinking that I was the only one who noticed that with the reviews LATI. My mum's old saying comes to mind for me.......
'Once bitten twice shy'. I ordered this when it was a TSV before and was quite surprised at the poor quality of it. The chain was so fine that it was in a complete tangled mess in the box. When I finally managed to undo it all I found it really difficult to fasten because the link at the back was so tiny. I don't think I would be tempted to try another Links of London item without seeing it first in a shop.

Even with all the recent five star reviews it is only three star overall.. I think the Links products are totally overpriced and nothing special IMO.

cause it sold out very very early & lots of people would of missed it so they repeat them again if that happens

It may have sold out on the night but I would reckon that the returns would be able to service anyone who ever had a notion of buying.

Mind you bad reviews have never stopped Q from stocking and selling over and over again so I could be totally wrong.

Even with all the recent five star reviews it is only three star overall.. I think the Links products are totally overpriced and nothing special IMO.

I agree. I received one (sale item) and it is nice enough but no way worth full price.
Pandora is much the same the only thing is that it can be bought over a period of time and by others as presents.

Even on eBay second hand ones of both sell for big amounts.

I would rather put the money into something more original.

Catherine Huntley is wearing the necklace in the nails inc tsv show and it's so fine it hardly shows and certainly doesn't look like an expensive piece IMHO! Mind you I do tend to wear - and make - more statement jewellery...
And i quite agree that those Pandora and other charm type bracelets seem to be designed to be good gifts to give on 'occasions' but I can't believe the prices... Rambling over!

I think Links is just another brand which have jumped on the bandwagon of charging through the nose just because they`re " fashionable " and overhyped. Clogau with it`s supposed touch of Welsh gold is another, Pandora and it`s supposed magical moments advert, Swarovski yet another, Thomas Sabo, and so on and so on, there`s lots of brands. Some are better quality than others though. You can find unbranded stuff of equal and sometimes better quality, much cheaper, but that isn`t what some people want, they want to be a part of the trend. Jewellery is a very personal thing so there`s no right and no wrong items to spend your money on, to each their own.
I would never buy a Pandora bracelet or charms for myself but my hubby bought me one last year ( he`d obviously seen the ad on telly ! ) and it`s something I regularly wear because he bought it and he seems relieved that now he can just trot off and buy me a charm for Christmas or my birthday and that`s solved his Christmas shopping dilemma. To me it`s seems a lot of money for a tiny charm, to him it`s been given with love, bought with me in mind and an answer to what to buy me. For those reasons, the bracelet will always mean a lot to me but I still they`re a rip off but would never tell him so.

branding has its good and bad points. it should imo always mean quality. links is expensive and some of its products are worthy of the high price tag. i do like buying some brands because i want quality and therefore dont mind paying a higher price point.

the tsv was not loved across the board but the fact its a repeat tsv with a lot of extra accessories to match must equal it was worth repeating. its not paticularly expensive imo for what it is and it looks nice on. i was in the marylebone branch of links on the day of the tsv and they could have sold the stock several times over so much was the demand for this necklace. qvc guarmntee jewellery for 12 months so if you have a problem you can get a refund/exchange

Just opened my emails and got one of QVC about the Links of London TSV. I am totally shocked that is is a repeat of the July TSV considering the appalling reviews about this item. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

I think Links is just another brand which have jumped on the bandwagon of charging through the nose just because they`re " fashionable " and overhyped. Clogau with it`s supposed touch of Welsh gold is another, Pandora and it`s supposed magical moments advert, Swarovski yet another, Thomas Sabo, and so on and so on, there`s lots of brands. Some are better quality than others though. You can find unbranded stuff of equal and sometimes better quality, much cheaper, but that isn`t what some people want, they want to be a part of the trend. Jewellery is a very personal thing so there`s no right and no wrong items to spend your money on, to each their own.
I would never buy a Pandora bracelet or charms for myself but my hubby bought me one last year ( he`d obviously seen the ad on telly ! ) and it`s something I regularly wear because he bought it and he seems relieved that now he can just trot off and buy me a charm for Christmas or my birthday and that`s solved his Christmas shopping dilemma. To me it`s seems a lot of money for a tiny charm, to him it`s been given with love, bought with me in mind and an answer to what to buy me. For those reasons, the bracelet will always mean a lot to me but I still they`re a rip off but would never tell him so.
Well you should def wear and enjoy your bracelet then ;)

What gets me is, especially as I make jewellery but also before that too, is when you know how little skill or work etc has gone into making an item! I don't mean the charms/bracelets at all but links sweetie bracelet is a prime example of something that is ludicrously overpriced for what you're getting and I would challenge anyone to make one (they are just jump rings linked on a strong 'crystal' elastic). But of course people who are able to pay for the name and branding. Such as with Christmas advert as you say!

Latest posts

Back