Another annoying jingle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Remember that: "Ding, dong, DENG, ding!" 4-note ident they used to play to say: "the adverts have finished and we're back to the show?

Thank goodness they got rid of it, for it drove me mad. However now they're going with that: "Dada, daa, da, da da, da, daaaaa!" 8 note tune with annoying swooop and swooshing sounds in the background.

Why the hell they need ANY jingle or ident for this purpose I do not know. All they need to do is just cut back to the studio. Viewers are intelligent enough to be able to work out that it's back to the programming!

Aaaaaarggh

Remember that: "Ding, dong, DENG, ding!" 4-note ident they used to play to say: "the adverts have finished and we're back to the show?

Thank goodness they got rid of it, for it drove me mad. However now they're going with that: "Dada, daa, da, da da, da, daaaaa!" 8 note tune with annoying swooop and swooshing sounds in the background.

Why the hell they need ANY jingle or ident for this purpose I do not know. All they need to do is just cut back to the studio. Viewers are intelligent enough to be able to work out that it's back to the programming!
Hi Julius - hope you are enjoying the sunshine!!!
WHY WHY WHY.... do they waste time and money advertising their own fricking channel (I’m pretty sure they make enough cash to actually pay for ads on ‘normal tv’....) we are already watching your stupid channel and more than capable of checking when various shows are going to be on (apart from the bin lids - love that phrase!)- I’m sure in days of yore, you’d get a full hour of informative information from the presenters/guests rather than what you get now.... slightly boring and random thought: I believe in employment law (not an expert!!) you are entitled to a 15 min break every 4 hours and when I worked a 6 hour shift, I was entitled to a 20 min break?!? I REALLY don’t think that those idiots need a breather every 10 minutes - hardly stressful is it!!!
PS: did you find your AVEDA products in the end, lol! And also apologies for any grammatical errors (being a grown up journalist, I’m sure it’s a bug-bear!)- I blame my fruit-based phone.... :)

Hi Julius - hope you are enjoying the sunshine!!!
WHY WHY WHY.... do they waste time and money advertising their own fricking channel (I’m pretty sure they make enough cash to actually pay for ads on ‘normal tv’....) we are already watching your stupid channel and more than capable of checking when various shows are going to be on (apart from the bin lids - love that phrase!)- I’m sure in days of yore, you’d get a full hour of informative information from the presenters/guests rather than what you get now.... slightly boring and random thought: I believe in employment law (not an expert!!) you are entitled to a 15 min break every 4 hours and when I worked a 6 hour shift, I was entitled to a 20 min break?!? I REALLY don’t think that those idiots need a breather every 10 minutes - hardly stressful is it!!!
PS: did you find your AVEDA products in the end, lol! And also apologies for any grammatical errors (being a grown up journalist, I’m sure it’s a bug-bear!)- I blame my fruit-based phone.... :)

Hello there,

Am still looking over Preston Park. My interview got rescheduled to 5pm. I'll check out Aveda on my way there. It's just round the corner from Black Lion Street in a little lane.

Such a lovely day. I find the QVC adverts quite fascinating. They amuse and annoy me in equal measure with their ridiculous depictions of family life - none of which I can identify with, I have to say!

I saw Kabler touting some biscuits this morning. She seemed a little insincere as is her wont to do!

The cafe in Preston Park used to sell the best cheese rolls ever!

I might pop over there in a minute! I'm literally right opposite there! lol.

Hopefully I'll get the interview over and there will still be some daylight left for a walk around the park before I drive back to London.

I fancy a cheese and pickle roll - a white crusty roll! Years ago there used to be a drum in the Co-Op where you could reach in and buy loose Sunblest white rolls. Nowadays it's all 7-seeded granary things - which I quite like - but I fancy a white roll! I also like full fat milk., I hate the health police forcing semi onto us everywhere. Milk is a low fat product anyway. Unless you drink gallons of it there should be no problem.

Latest posts

Back