sale day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I buy a lot from JD Williams, especially shoes and trainers in the wide fitting E. I find them good value and reasonable quality. A lot of their clothes are "on trend", some are frumpy. P&P is good.

That's interesting SCW, but it does save us buying from QVC and paying double postage if we return. Just think of the extra custom QVC would generate if they did a returns policy like the catalogues - dropping off parcel/s at the nearest participating newsagent for free !!

That's interesting SCW, but it does save us buying from QVC and paying double postage if we return. Just think of the extra custom QVC would generate if they did a returns policy like the catalogues - dropping off parcel/s at the nearest participating newsagent for free !!

its always been that way with certain companies only allowing Q to sell certain sizes & i wouldnt use that service ever as i personally & lots of others i know wouldnt trust it & find it a real incovience

its always been that way with certain companies only allowing Q to sell certain sizes & i wouldnt use that service ever as i personally & lots of others i know wouldnt trust it & find it a real incovience

I find couriers who lie about deliveries a real inconvenience! Being able to pick up a parcel at a time convenient to me, rather than waiting in seems far more convenient to me... But then I'm often away from home for 12-15 hours a day, so waiting in is a non-starter for me. I can imagine that if you can't get out and you're lucky enough to have a reliable courier driver the home delivery will be more convenient.

My Hermes chap is great but I made the mistake of sending the out-laws Xmas 2016 presents via Hermes and their courier was atrocious, compounded by being over-stretched with more parcels at that time of year.

There's a definite dinosaur mentality behind QVC's delivery and return process, but they must have decided there's little to no advantage in changing while folk are still buying.

You wouldn't use a drop-off returns or click and collect type service, really? They're brilliant and for many of us the very definition of convenient! (I realise not if you cannot go out for any reason or for larger items.)

My Hermes chap is great but I made the mistake of sending the out-laws Xmas 2016 presents via Hermes and their courier was atrocious, compounded by being over-stretched with more parcels at that time of year.

There's a definite dinosaur mentality behind QVC's delivery and return process, but they must have decided there's little to no advantage in changing while folk are still buying.

Never a truer word ...

You wouldn't use a drop-off returns or click and collect type service, really? They're brilliant and for many of us the very definition of convenient! (I realise not if you cannot go out for any reason or for larger items.)

used several times & just found it a pain in the rear & all this printing out stuff when you dont have a printer ect i just cant be bothered rather just take it to the post office & have done with it so much simplier

used several times & just found it a pain in the rear & all this printing out stuff when you dont have a printer ect i just cant be bothered rather just take it to the post office & have done with it so much simplier

Fair enough. It is better when they provide pre-printed labels and returns paperwork, I must say. Nice to have the option though.

Actually I haven't had a printer for a couple of years, but its never stopped me returning goods via an outlet. I'm given a receipt with time and date handed over for proof of returning and that's it - job done.

By the sounds of it you only ever shop with QVC so you may not be aware of how the world of retail has progressed. Apologies if you have shopped elsewhere other than QVC, and I don't know were you've shopped, but every retail outlet I've shopped with give you a returns label (for free) with your order, so all you do is slap it on your parcel, take it down your nearest participating outlet, which is usually pretty near for convenience and drop it off at a time to suit yourself. It's only with QVC you have to treck down their only participating returns outlet, the Post Office and let's be honest, they're getting few and far between now, so no "C" there.

i had to return a small item to amazon. i printed off the returns label i have a printer or i go to the library and the post office scan it and literally seconds later i get a text thanking me for my return. money in my account the next day or so. qvc's taking 2 weeks is an insult and a joke

Why do items usually take longer to arrive from QVC even with Hermes than other companies?Getting a product from Q & with a return can be heading up to £10 & take ages especially for the return to be credited to your account.I have a Dept. Store account (starting with J!) deliveries within 2 days free(yes over a certain amount)free convenient return & will be credited to my account well before payment is due.I can order try different sizes, return, re-order in a matter of days without any cost to me.

We all know it serves QVC well enough to not move into 21st century practices. They benefit from the interest they earn before releasing your money back to you. The difficulty and delay in getting a refund puts you off returning things, so you keep them.

Amazon Prime is fab. Most stuff arrives the next day, sometimes within 24 hours of placing my order, even on a Sunday. At Christmas I ordered a last minute present on 23 Dec and it arrived on Christmas Eve so I was able to wrap it and add to my gift(ing) pile.

Latest posts

Back