Caught out with advanced orders- again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Samsmum

Registered Shopper
I swore I would never fall for the advanced orders hype again after they took the money out the day before payday, but I did....
I fancied trying the bare minerals cream foundation ( hate the loose formula with a passion) and it was on a fantastic deal with a lipgloss, bronzer and brush for £28 instead of £50.However I don’t get paid til next Friday ( 4th of May). I thought all my Christmas’s had come at once when it came up on advanced orders ( supposedly shipped at the end of May) Surprise, surprise- I checked my bank account and the money had come out on Thursday- it’s supposedly been shipped as well . Not bad to say they bang on about ‘ Order now if you are waiting for another payday- we’ll not take your money!’ Yeah right! Never again!

my tip for advanced orders is always wait till it goes limited on advanced orders then order as if one or two cancel the original order they will start using the advanced orders people in order of ordering but they do say it may come out early & thats what they mean

Good tip- thanks! I know there’s always the chance that it may be sent early but the day after? Think i’ll only tempt fate if it’s a really good deal and I know it won’t be the end of the world if it does come early. I just wish the presenters wouldn’t use advanced orders as a selling tool.

my tip for advanced orders is always wait till it goes limited on advanced orders then order as if one or two cancel the original order they will start using the advanced orders people in order of ordering but they do say it may come out early & thats what they mean

When they say it may come out early, they mean the stock could come in before the date stated. Yes they do dip in to advance orders if people cancel, but not in order they're placed, the computer will randomly generate an order if a customer has the available funds.

The other thing with Advanced Orders is from reading their Facebook page and on here. The orders come in and they don't send out just put up on the website for sale, it's up to the customer to phone up and tell them to send the order! That one seems to be happening all the time now. So you get it early not expecting it or waiting and waiting to find it has been in stock for ages and they haven't even sent it to you. I actually read on their Facebook a woman giving them hell about her Advanced Order, which came into stock went on air on easy pay and they never sent her original order and by the time she phoned them it had sold out again!

My tip is buy it on a credit card and pay it off before they can charge you interest. Or put it on a charge card. My Amex gold and platinum are always good for this. Never pay a penny in charges.

They used to say that they'd always let you know when orders were due to come out but they don't bother anymore. I've been in a position where I ordered an item and then decided I wanted another. By that time, it had sold out to advanced orders, so I ordered happy to wait. However, they fulfilled the order the next day and ended up taking two payments without notice. I don't have a credit card, so this comes from my bank. Luckily, I had enough in another account to transfer across but their lack of information could easily have cost me a £15 overdraft charge. You really have to keep a close eye on what they're doing when it comes to payments as they can make a mess of your account. I'm wary of easy pays for the same reason. Because it takes a couple of days for the bank to show the transaction, it's not always possible to know what has been taken until it shows up. Unless I can afford to buy something outright now, I will usually pass. One thing I really dislike though, and JF is a culprit here, is when the presenters are telling you to order now for the payment to meet your payday. I find that patronising and slightly invasive as well as pressure selling.

They used to say that they'd always let you know when orders were due to come out but they don't bother anymore. I've been in a position where I ordered an item and then decided I wanted another. By that time, it had sold out to advanced orders, so I ordered happy to wait. However, they fulfilled the order the next day and ended up taking two payments without notice. I don't have a credit card, so this comes from my bank. Luckily, I had enough in another account to transfer across but their lack of information could easily have cost me a £15 overdraft charge. You really have to keep a close eye on what they're doing when it comes to payments as they can make a mess of your account. I'm wary of easy pays for the same reason. Because it takes a couple of days for the bank to show the transaction, it's not always possible to know what has been taken until it shows up. Unless I can afford to buy something outright now, I will usually pass. One thing I really dislike though, and JF is a culprit here, is when the presenters are telling you to order now for the payment to meet your payday. I find that patronising and slightly invasive as well as pressure selling.
Exactly! Another thing that drives me mad with Q is that they take the money for any item you order, then a couple of days later it goes back into your account before being taken again a few days later! Money is bouncing in and out of my account like ****** Zebedee on speed! It’s a good job I write everything in a book or I’d end up in a right mess. I spoke to the bank and they said it’s just something some companies do ( Primark is another who does it so I always pay cash now) Drives me mad!

Yes, what happens it they sort of test the water. The money is not really out of your account but hanging, then if they have requested it comes out 48 hours later. I am with Santander and found how to play the system:tongue: So I know I am getting paid on the 24th, but want something really badly now(say need to order cat food online), so order it on the 24th shows my balance is minus but they money does not physically come out until the 26th. So I do not get any charges from the bank. Now what can happen is if they do not request the money in the given time it drops back into your account and they have to ask the bank for it again. That has also happened to me, I panicked and phone my bank as money had gone back into my account. They explained the vendor has not requested the money within the time limit. The next day the money did come out of my account.

Wow this is getting too much for my ageing mind!I use my credit card which is paid off by DD every month never pay a penny interest on anything these days.Makes going to a shop & paying cash sound attractive!Pensions are in this week!

Latest posts

Back