Annoying Fiona!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius

Registered Shopper
Oh my GOSH, I wish they'd get rid of that awful woman. Her awful face is like a Cornish pasty that's slowly disintegrating! And don't get me started on that fringe! Craig just asked here why the Prolagene gel is such an interesting (murky brown) colour. She replied by saying it contains mexylethylpropylsqoxybolloxwashyo and peroxysalacilaxizsafsdflksdlfksjdlfksdjlfkefgbldskjnvlcvsdknvl," completely skirting round the question.

I hate the ways she says "I want you to apply it...." and "I don't want you to...."

Erm, no Fi.

I'll apply things how I want to, you patronising battleaxe!

She's from the same stable as Gabi Abi Ultrasun, "I want you to........." "I don't want you to.......". Well luv, there's something I'd like you to do, but we can't all get what we want eh? :mysmilie_3:

as sour as her face is on tv her personality matches that in real life. can't stomach her

Oh my GOSH, I wish they'd get rid of that awful woman. Her awful face is like a Cornish pasty that's slowly disintegrating! And don't get me started on that fringe! Craig just asked here why the Prolagene gel is such an interesting (murky brown) colour. She replied by saying it contains mexylethylpropylsqoxybolloxwashyo and peroxysalacilaxizsafsdflksdlfksjdlfksdjlfkefgbldskjnvlcvsdknvl," completely skirting round the question.

I hate the ways she says "I want you to apply it...." and "I don't want you to...."

Erm, no Fi.

I'll apply things how I want to, you patronising battleaxe!

You must be colour blind!

And I am sure Fiona will talk as highly of you as you do of her :yawn:

You must be colour blind!

And I am sure Fiona will talk as highly of you as you do of her :yawn:

Well it is a greenish colour and ,as usual, Julius is his usual charming self on his comments about women.

One woman, Lemon, not all. Please do not conflate the particular with the general.

But it is not one woman, it is Fiona, Keeley, Abi, Jill G, Abbi, Alexis and the list goes on!

That's because there are a number of awful women on QVC - and number of awful men, may I add. QVC is quite female-centric in its demographic, and I suppose on balance there are probably more annoying women than men on QVC. Jill Franks is annoying. Jill Gauntlett is annoying, as are Mally, Jackie Kabler, Alexis, A. Young, Deb Flint and countless others.

There are a few women on there who I think are great. I like Jacqui Joseph. I like June from Frank Usher. I quite like the lady who guests for (I think Joe Brown) - she is the former model who was winding up Simon Biagi. I like Jan Springer - who has a very calming presence. Carla Lazlo is quite nice. I often comment about men who are annoying - the rasping gnome in particular - whom I can't stand, and that horrible little guest who makes a mess on the floor.

It seems to me people are often seemingly wanting to see misogyny where there simply isn't any. When it comes to feminism and animal rights, people are often very reactionary. I just find a lot of people on QVC annoying - including Fiona, and I say so!

That's because there are a number of awful women on QVC - and number of awful men, may I add. QVC is quite female-centric in its demographic, and I suppose on balance there are probably more annoying women than men on QVC. Jill Franks is annoying. Jill Gauntlett is annoying, as are Mally, Jackie Kabler, Alexis, A. Young, Deb Flint and countless others.

There are a few women on there who I think are great. I like Jacqui Joseph. I like June from Frank Usher. I quite like the lady who guests for (I think Joe Brown) - she is the former model who was winding up Simon Biagi. I like Jan Springer - who has a very calming presence. Carla Lazlo is quite nice. I often comment about men who are annoying - the rasping gnome in particular - whom I can't stand, and that horrible little guest who makes a mess on the floor.

It seems to me people are often seemingly wanting to see misogyny where there simply isn't any. When it comes to feminism and animal rights, people are often very reactionary. I just find a lot of people on QVC annoying - including Fiona, and I say so!

Julius, if people were never "reactionary" or passionate about feminism and animal rights, then women still wouldn't be able to vote and animals would still be in cages (with no room to move) in every country having acid (etc) put in their eyes.

Simple Julius you seem to spend so much time(at work?) watching QVC and seem to dislike the people especially the women, the products well unless they are for one of your vehicles, just stop watching. That is what many on this forum have done. Yes, we come here to for the banter and do go look when items or stupid presenter comments are pointed out. Or even sometimes to actually know what a TSV is and might even be interested in it. Yet you every day are starting threads about awful women etc, but suddenly when confronted by other members with different views change your mind.

Widen your horizons watch some normal TV documentaries, quiz shows, dramas, comedies. I am actually surprised your employer lets you watch so much TV or online at work? We have a TV in the kitchen area catch a bit of QVC or whatever on Freeview in breaks. If I have my work completed or in breaks will nip on here or Facebook for a nose. But if I spent as much time as you seem to do watching QVC during work time or posting new threads on here, I would be called out by my boss and read the rules. You are a reporter is there no news happening in the world that your paper wants to be covered? North and South Korea meeting up, the Royal wedding, the local elections?

Simple Julius you seem to spend so much time(at work?) watching QVC and seem to dislike the people especially the women, the products well unless they are for one of your vehicles, just stop watching. That is what many on this forum have done. Yes, we come here to for the banter and do go look when items or stupid presenter comments are pointed out. Or even sometimes to actually know what a TSV is and might even be interested in it. Yet you every day are starting threads about awful women etc, but suddenly when confronted by other members with different views change your mind.

Widen your horizons watch some normal TV documentaries, quiz shows, dramas, comedies. I am actually surprised your employer lets you watch so much TV or online at work? We have a TV in the kitchen area catch a bit of QVC or whatever on Freeview in breaks. If I have my work completed or in breaks will nip on here or Facebook for a nose. But if I spent as much time as you seem to do watching QVC during work time or posting new threads on here, I would be called out by my boss and read the rules. You are a reporter is there no news happening in the world that your paper wants to be covered? North and South Korea meeting up, the Royal wedding, the local elections?

I don't know what job you do, Donna, and I dare say it's probably none of my business, but it sounds very different to my workplace. I have an allocated 2 hours a day to read through newspapers and magazines, as well as check other media / newswires and various other feeds. It's expected that I know what's going on.

I'm fortunate to have a role that gives me 4 days on, 4 off so I get a lot of time to travel and do other things. It might sound great however there is an expectation that I will work as long as it takes when something big comes up, and I've found myself on several occasions working 2-3 nights with virtually no sleep. It's also in my contract that 90 of my days off are standby days, meaning I have to be called in if needed - although this seldom ever happens. So it has its good and bad points. I get to meet a lot of interesting people and I suppose I'm relatively well looked after, but I never quite know what is going to be thrown at me.

I'm not sure where you get the idea from that I just sit there watching QVC all day long. I certainly don't! I do have it on as wallpaper for the odd 10 or 20 minutes on days off as when some of the nicer guests are on (mentioned earlier) I find it quite relaxing. I dip in and out, really. Have done since I was a child. As I've said on this forum many, many times QVC is one of the most entertaining things to watch. That's not to say it doesn't annoy me at times. As with any media, particularly tabloids, one will always find annoying elements there; it's just how it is.

As for changing my mind when "confronted," I'm not sure how you work that out. I'm generally quite resolute and unflinching in my views., however that's not to say I'm unyielding to good logic and common sense. The only person I didn't like and then subsequently warmed to was the former model guest who winds up Simon.

I'm trying to increase my flying hours and am upgrading to a multi-engine licence so much or my time is spent reading up on that. I do the practical flying in Luxembourg in a Piper Seminole and an Aerostar, and over here I fly the Piper Warrior (when funds permit - which they often don't).

I do thank you for your suggestions for broadening my cultural horizons. Whilst I'm sure they're very well meant, they are perhaps a little misguided, for I do most, if not all, of those things already. If you were to break down the different activities I do onto a pie chart, you'd find my QVC watching would take a somewhat miniscule sliver, so at least I have some perspective on things, and hopefully now so do you.

Julius your negative posts aren't just valid comments about annoying women on QVC. As an example your recent comment about AK's wedding (post 54 on the thread about Julia's engagement) was just plain nasty.

Julius your negative posts aren't just valid comments about annoying women on QVC. As an example your recent comment about AK's wedding (post 54 on the thread about Julia's engagement) was just plain nasty.

Ms Keenan is one of the best presenters on QVC and by far has the least annoying voice, however don't expect me to take her personal endorsements of Decleor neck creams seriously! I find the whole white wedding thing rather odd when people marry later in life. There's nothing particularly wrong with it per se, but it's rather odd. Maybe Julia will play Billy Idol's "White Wedding" as she trots down the aisle in her (Size 12) dress?

You didn't describe it as quite odd in you original post though, you were just nasty. If someone wants to wear a white dress for a wedding what's the problem? Also why bring up neck creams? They weren't mentioned in your original post or my comment here.

I feel a Joyce Grenfell moment coming on (the youngsters need to humour me) & I'll just say "Children, we don't want to be crosspatches, do we?" For the first time in ages it's a sunny Saturday & it's a bank holiday weekend. In addition our new granddaughter was born on Tuesday &, as the card I bought says, babies are such a nice way to start people. So please stop bickering & play nicely!

Ohhhhhhhh I just read the often written gobble de gook on this forum, laugh at some people`s tall tales or exaggerations , chuckle that some folk must think we all came over on banana boats and accept that the same as in the real World some people just open their mouths to change feet.
It`s a forum, we`re all invisible, we could (if we wanted to ) pretend to be totally different people from totally different backgrounds/jobs/lifestyles etc and all I can say to that is you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. I use a lot of salt on this forum cos I`m always taking a pinch of it if you know what I mean.

Different people like different presenters don't they? It is just personal taste.

I like Decleor as a brand and happily watch the shows with Fiona on as I find her very informative. I like Elemis as a brand but simply cannot watch the shows with Keeley on!

I feel a Joyce Grenfell moment coming on (the youngsters need to humour me) & I'll just say "Children, we don't want to be crosspatches, do we?" For the first time in ages it's a sunny Saturday & it's a bank holiday weekend. In addition our new granddaughter was born on Tuesday &, as the card I bought says, babies are such a nice way to start people. So please stop bickering & play nicely!

Congratulations, Twilight!!

Loooooool! I'm glad enough to be having some time off soon after weeks of dreariness. I've got Carcassonne coming up on 10th May, Luxembourg on 27th May and Palanga on 3rd June, during which I will no doubt continue my "incessant" (more like 4 minutes) QVC-watching each day.

Decleor Fiona and Jill Gauntlett would be great as the Ugly Sisters in a Christmas panto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back