Opal? ? ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wheelyred

Registered Shopper
I had to tell you all of my trip into town today, over the last few years I have bought a lot of Opals from Gems, and I wanted an Opal pendant to go with them, I needed it for Friday to where with a special outfit, so no time for Gems ( and not using the web site still ) so I called into a jeweller (no names, but began with S ) I asked for an Opal pendant, he showed me one tiny chip of Opal, and said that was all they had of that type, but he has loads of PEARL and that is the same as Opal!! :eek: How bad is that lol

Oh dear! I bet they were charging enough for the "tiny chip" too! Thank goodness for Gems TV - warts and all!

Oh dear! I bet they were charging enough for the "tiny chip" too! Thank goodness for Gems TV - warts and all!

About £30, but you could hardly see the Opal, never mind any colour within the stone, AHH but those opal pearls? I wonder what the jelly pearl looks like :D :D :D

If they're the same, surely they should be called opearls (or popals) :rolleyes:

Absolute classic, I bet you couldn't keep your face straight.
laugh.gif

Absolute classic, I bet you couldn't keep your face straight.
laugh.gif

I'm afraid I was rather naughty, I said that I was a Gem expert ;) and that I would be happy to come into the shop and give a lecture on the difference between Gem stones (for a price of course) he didn't know where to look :D My poor hubby didn't know what to do with himself :D I also sugested a little light reading :rolleyes:

;)what a naughty girl but oh the power bet it felt good though !!!Knowing my look they would of asked what day could i go in !!!!:eek:

you took the words right out of my mouth Gillybean lol

Wheely I hope you socked it to them! imagine how much carp they mutter to other customers and get away with it. you were casting pearls before swine there haha :D

I had to tell you all of my trip into town today, over the last few years I have bought a lot of Opals from Gems, and I wanted an Opal pendant to go with them, I needed it for Friday to where with a special outfit, so no time for Gems ( and not using the web site still ) so I called into a jeweller (no names, but began with S ) I asked for an Opal pendant, he showed me one tiny chip of Opal, and said that was all they had of that type, but he has loads of PEARL and that is the same as Opal!! :eek: How bad is that lol

Scott's just been telling everyone about what happened to you. He said he read it on a forum! Nice to know they do read this.

Latest posts

Back