Epilators

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Crafty Beauty

Registered Shopper
I bought this little Emjoi epilator when it was a TSV and it's great but I find it takes quite a while now I'm using it on my legs so I'm thinking of upgrading. I've seen this one, which looks like it might be better but I'm not sure if it's worth paying so much - would it make that much difference?

Has anyone used both? Or at least can anyone who's used the 2nd one tell me if it's good for legs or if it takes ages to do them.

Dont waste your money CB ,get thee to Boots and invest in a Philips Satinelle Ice Premium Epilator 6517 expensive but FANTASTIC!!!!

It's a different class altogether! I use it for bikini line, underarms and legs!

Silk Epil by Braun is also good. I agree with Jabba that when it comes to electric epilators it's worth investing in the best you can afford. I got mine a few years ago from argos in their sale for half the RRP. I have learnt from another thread that Argos have their sales on at the moment, so it might be worth having a look on their web site... Let us know what you g for in the end!!

I agree that both the Braun and Philips epilators are very good. I would also buy them from Boots.

Another Silk Epil user, used one for years and years until motor eventually gave up, so bought a 2nd one. Use mostly on legs. I've also got the "little" Emjoi (bought as TSV) - great for taking camping or popping in bag if going away for a few days but the electric ones are quicker and more powerful.

I've got an Emjoi one and it just doesn't have the strength of the Braun or the Philips electric ones (which I've also got). I prefer my Philips over my Braun Silk Epil.

I've had philips and braun in the past and for me I think that braun has the edge! I do agree with previous posts that you get what you pay for, so I'd look for a bargain in the sales instead.

Have to agree with the ladies on here, tried the emjoi pink epilator and thought it was very ineffective, so then bought a remington epilator ON offer from boots.com, thought that was also rubbish, so sent I it back and got the braun, more expensive but its the best in my opinion! I also got fair few boots points and quidco so it was a good deal.

ouch!! I always epilate my legs, underarms when I can be bothered (otherwise just shave them), but have only epilated bikini line ONCE - and NEVER AGAIN!!! it just hurt far too much, salon waxing is bad enough but I'm willing to pay for it doing cos it's quick and I don't have to contort meself to do it lol

Oohh, thankyou Honeybunny. I'd never have thought of looking on Amazon for an epilator, but I've just ordered the one Jabbathehut raved about for around half the price I'd have paid ijn Boots :D

I have used the second one, it was great for my underarms, but more time consuming on my legs as unfortunately I have dark strong hair. I am a bit apprehensive about buying one from anywhere else incase it is more painful and I wouldn't be able to return it.

Wow! Thankyou, Jabbathehut - the epilator arrived this morning - I used it this afternoon and it's ACE. It's miles better than the little Emjoi one - much faster, more efficient, and the ice thingie is lovely and soothing. Your advice was spot-on.

And many thanks also to Honey bunny - thanks to you, I got a real bargain - I'd never have thought of looking on Amazon for an epilator but it was around half the price I'd have paid in Boots.

So, thanks you lot, I'm a happy, smooth-legged, Crafty Beauty now :D

Wow! Thankyou, Jabbathehut - the epilator arrived this morning - I used it this afternoon and it's ACE. It's miles better than the little Emjoi one - much faster, more efficient, and the ice thingie is lovely and soothing. Your advice was spot-on.

And many thanks also to Honey bunny - thanks to you, I got a real bargain - I'd never have thought of looking on Amazon for an epilator but it was around half the price I'd have paid in Boots.

So, thanks you lot, I'm a happy, smooth-legged, Crafty Beauty now :D

I am so pleased that you are pleased with it Crafty Beauty, I'm always a tad apprehensive recommending something that is considerably more expensive than what the potential buyer is looking to purchase.
But I truly believe that with an epilator it is vital to get the best that you can afford, as the results are far more superior.

I wouldnt have thought of looking on Amazon either, so Im glad you got a bargain to boot!

Can I ask which is the best for just the face?

I am expecting to go a beard in a few years due to the menopause and want to be ready.

Donna, I am not sure I would use one of these on the face... I have had a facial hair problem for years, which has now been pretty much sorted out by laser. It seems expensive, but it's permanent and relatively fast. I had electolysis for about 12 years before taking the plung and going for laser, and that must have cost me the equivalent of the laser treatment a few times over!

Latest posts

Back