Jewelry Channel to close

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
The Jewelry Channel Inc., which launched out of a Round Rock studio last year, is shutting down for good and laying off its 106 workers in August, according to a filing with the Texas Workforce Commission.

The channel owned by VGL Group of Jaibur, India debuted in April 2007 and at the time, unveiled an ambitious growth plan that was to bring 700 jobs to Round Rock by 2012.

The company initially hired about 140 people to work in its 30,000-square-foot Round Rock studio. In a notification letter to the Texas Workforce Commission, the company says it will close its doors and lay off its 106 workers on August 4.

Ooh err that doesn't bode well for the UK enterprise does it. :SHOCKED: :pPC:

Indeed it doesn't PPC.

I doubt the UK one will last much longer now.

I've just viewed the link to the USA website to see what was going on and the presenter just said that they are clearing out their warehouse to make way for new items!! She said buy now because if you ever see them again it won't be at the current price?!?!

The graphics very clearly state "inventory liquidation sale" and "all sales final"

:FUNNY

If current sales are anything to go by.....or is it just when I'm watching? I wont be suprised, almost everything times out just lately, it seems that people just aren't buying :eek:

It doesn’t surprise me after what happened with gems in Germany!

Those poor people losing their jobs and at a time of recession. I really hope that they manage to find work quickly.

It certainly does not bode well for TJC UK, I not ordered for while and it most certainly is not encouraging me to purchase something now when the USA one is closing and the Germany one has gone.

Like you Meeshoo I hope they all find good decent jobs soon.

It certainly does not bode well for TJC UK, I not ordered for while and it most certainly is not encouraging me to purchase something now when the USA one is closing and the Germany one has gone.

Like you Meeshoo I hope they all find good decent jobs soon.

The Jewellery Channel in Germany is still going

www.derschmuckkanal.de

I think its 'Gems ' German TV company that has closed.

Last edited:
Sorry getting all muddled with my gem channels and what is closing and what is not.:confused:

Latest posts

Back