Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights or Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick? Or neither!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miriam

Registered Shopper
Ok, I already have this:
pout_shimmer_swirls.jpg

Pout Shimmer Swirls in both colours! But sometimes they are a little bit crazy for my fair skin - you know they look a bit much!

Quite like the idea of a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.222526/walk.yah.UKHB-U073
But is it a bit pricey for what it is? Doesn't look as though it comes with a brush!

Or there's this one - from Smashbox
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.223836
This is cheaper and comes with a brush! Hurrah!

Really hoping that someone here has some kind of opinion! I'm really looking for something which is going to look natural. Not too made up if you see what I mean!

Any help really appreciated!

Thank you very much!

:)

Not tried bobby brown, but the fusions are good, I think getting the right colour to suite you might be the key, jayne our very own O.B.E. might be the best to advise you, she is a sponsor and the proprietor of JUST BEAUTY DIRECT, pm her she might be able to help.

The smashbox is great & the brushes are fab but I would always go for the Bobbi Brown to be honest - they give a lovely glow but are probably a bit more shimmery than the smashbox

( I use my smashbox brushes with my Bobbi Brown !!)

xxx

I have both and love both but have to say that I ALWAYS go back to the Bobbi Brown in the end - it's fab. I'm fair skinned and love the 'Rose' brick!

Em xXx

Have to agree with Donna, I have both BB and SB and I love the rose BB shimmerbrick, but it is more shimmery and I prefer it to use it for evenings out. You can use it in the day but you will have to build it up slowly to avoid turning out into a christmas cracker lol
I have a few SB softlights sets, and they are perfect for daywear, it is difficult to overdo it IYKWIM. I also suggest to contact Jayne who will recommend the most suitable colour for your skintone

Last edited:
I don't have any BB - but the SB fusions are good - I got mine from JBD. I can't fault Jayne's site in any way - it's top notch!

Oh dear, this thread it's terrible! It had never occurred to be before I started reading it, but now I feel I absolutely NEED both the SB andthe BB bricks (SB for daywear, BB for eveningwear, you see). Must get away from the computer to avoid complete bankruptcy!:eek: But Miriam, please do let us know if you decide to try either of them and what your thoughts are...

Sorry Miriam - you do need both.:D The BB Shimmerbrick in Rose in my absolute favourite, but like others, wear the Smashbox during the day. Good Luck deciding! :)

Gordon Bennet! You lot a nighmare!

I don't need both I don't need both I don't need both!

I've been looking on the Just Beauty Direct website and there is a much wider range of colours to choose from in the smashbox. Oh dear.

The pout ones I have are quite shimmery already, but are they as nice as the bobbi brown?

Oh and I tried to thank everyone - but it won't let me, so please consider yourself thanked!

Still in a state of indecision though!

I've been looking on the Just Beauty Direct website and there is a much wider range of colours to choose from in the smashbox. Oh dear.

The pout ones I have are quite shimmery already, but are they as nice as the bobbi brown?

Oh and I tried to thank everyone - but it won't let me, so please consider yourself thanked!

Miriam, there is only one way of finding out... get the BB brick and compare them!:p

Sillysausage, have you seen the state of my bank balance?!

Oh I can feel myself weakening!:rolleyes:

No, but I am very familiar with the notion of a bank balance unable to cope with impulsive/compulsive spending on cosmetics... So, I can relate to your situation... Oh dear, I can feel the urge to buy too, it's catching!:eek:

You won't be a bit surprised that I love them Miriam. I vary them depending on what I am after. At the moment I using the bottom of the shockwave palette as I am using the eye colours every day - but I use that more as a radiance blush/highlighter than an all over glow.

The Glambox is simply beautiful - I think Clare on here did one of the reviews and it really is the softest, most natural sheen to the skin. I also love the Blushing pink.

None of those options are a bronzing tint though - and all of them are on the natural rather than high shimmer side.

Intermix is a fabulous shimmer bronzer - still on the natural side and it was the first bronazer ever that didn't make my skin look dirty. Starburst / Sunset Fusion / Dusk are all golden bronze shimmers -the difference really is in the amount of shimmer and tint. Dawn is a lovely matte bronzing fusion - I wear this a lot in the day - and they have two new single colour bronzers in the softlights - sunkissed and suntanned.

SMashbox do the natural radiance look really well in my opinion. I have a SHimmerbrick in apricot and in rose and I get a different look from them - definitely more shimmer (more of a silvery glow) - but very pretty.

I don't know what your particular skintone or your desired outcome is - so let me know and HTH further (although we are off out for lunch now)

Sorry Miriam but I have and love both too :p

I am very fair and use the BB Rose shimmerbrick for evening wear and the Smashbox fusions for the daytime.

Thank you all very much for all your replies.
Justbeautydirect, I love the look of that fusion in blushing pink! It looks lovely!
Looks as though that might well be just what I'm after!
Now do I go for a shimmerbrick as well for evening wear? Well what's a girl to do?

The Glambox is simply beautiful - I think Clare on here did one of the reviews and it really is the softest, most natural sheen to the skin. I also love the Blushing pink.

The Glambox is gorgeous, I would highly recommend that the compact is brill too and my other fave is the Sunset fusion one I use for my holidays :)

Latest posts

Back